Chapter 13
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sitting at the table, Kytes is faced with something he never imagined, the coffee is over! With the brain in full swing searching for a solution to this, the last hope came to mind.

- Very well! - Kytes said while slapping the table and getting up from the chair.

- What do you intend? Corlin asked calmly, savoring the last cheese bread on the tray.

- There is one last chance ...

- We are leaving?

- Yes. You can both do as you wished, but if you want to follow me, prepare to war to death. - Kytes commented to Elena and Cássio.

Kytes turned and started walking, Corlin got up and followed him as if it were normal. The other two were thoughtful for a few moments, but then they got up and followed him.

- By the way, where are we going? Asked Corlin, they were already passing the door.

- Remember when I entered the palace? - Kytes replied.

- It happened yesterday ...

- Well, I owed someone from there to owe me, it's time to charge the favor.

-… It is good to know that you work as a loan shark.

They walked to the palace, at the entrance, were barred, but with a little bit of lip service, Kytes managed to pass without making any victims. In a stunning hall, with a throne marking its center, where a King with a beard and black hair sat, in addition to having sharp eyes, with a crown over his head, he had a somber expression, but without any hostility.

- Good morning, how are you? - Approached Kytes.

- … Who are you? - replied the King.

- Hi, hi, do you mean he doesn't even know you? - Corlin commented to Kytes with a disapproving look.

- Well, I was forgetting, when you become a lost soul you cannot see anything, and for that reason you remain in the same place, but you must remember me ... or better. Kytes held his hand out further, then a black flame appeared in his hand. - You must remember the presence of this thing.

The King was silent. That presence was a great companion when he was dead, it was like a fog, which would not let him walk anywhere, but in the end, it was she who took him back to the world of the living.

- You can't forget that ... - Said the King. - Then tell me, what do you need?

- I'm here to negotiate. - Kytes replied.

- It was bad, I'm broke! - replied the King.

- But weren't you the ones who exported food !? - Corlin interjected, the King gave a great sigh.

- Really, but the one who was occupying my throne made the biggest mistake I could ... the asshole sold seeds, now I have nothing else to sell.

- It makes sense… - Commented Kytes. - However, I still have a proposal for you.

- Say, I'm all ears. - replied the King.

- I have two plants with me, they certainly turned the game in your favor.

-… It looks suspicious.

- Don't worry, it's not marijuana. - Kytes took a coffee seed from under his shirt and next to it a piece of sugar cane and showed it to the King. - No matter where they go, these two little things are incomparable.

- This is something really valuable, our coffee and sugar are synthetic and don't taste really good, I really can't afford it. - replied the King.

- Of course there is.

- Where do you want to go?

- My intuition is saying that things in this world will get very hot, eventually I need to ally myself with a people so that I can brand my flag. - Said Kytes, while saving the seeds.

- So you want an alliance?

- I need one, but your soldiers don't even reach the feet of those I trained, if I made a simple alliance, my enemies would come here and wipe out everything.

-… But even knowing all that, you still made the proposal.

- Exactly, what I ask is simple: Let me train your soldiers to the summit, in return, you will join my kingdom.

- ... I'm sure you already came here knowing, I have no way to refuse such a request.

- So to formalize this, we must plant the coffee seed, it must be in an open place.

- Well, I have a location in mind ... it's in the middle of the plantation.

The King joined Kytes and his gang, left for school trip! Just kidding, it's kind of boring to write this, so I ended up doing it in the middle of the chapter. Continuing, they walked to a fruit plantation, all the trees were dead without the sun, it was a sad and colorless sight.

- It's there! - Said the King while pointing to an area, which different from the others, was empty and clean.

- Got it. - Kytes commented while walking to the place, until he stopped walking. - King, I must tell you this, after the moment I plant this seed, there will be no turning back.

- And if you don't plant, my people will die! Do you still doubt which one I will choose ?! - replied the King.

Kytes gave an awkward laugh and continued walking. - I just hope you don't regret it. - Whispered Kytes to himself.

Kytes dug a small hole in that fragile soil and placed the seed inside, then simply plugged it with the soil that he would have removed. Then he started walking towards the King, soon the two stood side by side.

- Do the honors. - said Kytes.

- Okay, I really didn't expect to be able to use that power to command the plants again, but come on.

The King extended his hand close to that seed, and without any effort, caused it to bloom a gigantic coffee tree, much bigger than anyone ever seen before, its bark was much blacker than usual, and it was overflowing fruits on its branches, which were much thicker than usual.

0