Chapter 17
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Surrounded by enemies hiding in the shadow of the night, Cássio and Gabriel found themselves hidden behind fragile earth walls. Fight or die, a common scenario in this world. Gabriel stood up with eyes thirsty for life, remembering everything he once longed for, remembered the promise he once made.

- Hey, Cassio, you're an imbecile. - Said Gabriel.

- Beauty, and the novelty? - Cassio replied.

- Even so. - Gabriel stared at the earth wall and smiled slightly. - I like you!

- It was bad man, but I don't cut it that way! - Cássio spoke in a high tone.

- Idiot, you understand what I mean.

- Very well, I will undo the wall ... are you ready? Asked Cassio seriously.

- Can go! - Gabriel replied.

Gabriel undid that earth barrier and left the evil eyes of the beings that lurked in the shadows. But what really caught his attention was what appeared in front of him, it was on Gabriel's back, a shadow ... no, that was much more than that, that emanated ridiculous power, mortal power and his appearance was much darker than the night. Calling him a shadow belittles everything he is, he would have no more appropriate name than ... the incarnation of Darkness.

That darkness rode Gabriel's back, but not as an enemy but as an ally. Cassio swallowed hard and then took a step forward, he couldn't afford to stop right there. If it is necessary to go through this to return and save the laboratory staff, it is not a fair price for him!

- Gabriel, can you take care of the ones on the right? Asked Cassio.

- Very well, but do not die with those on the left! - Gabriel replied.

The monsters were dark-skinned and panther-like, the biggest distinction being that some of them had two heads or even three, a classic Chernobyl animal. Retreating was never an option, not dying either, so all that remains is to fight until they go extinct! A bloody fight went on all night, at dawn it was possible to see a pile of bodies while two extremely exhausted boys struggled to stand.

- Cut of Time! - Said a voice from heaven.

Then the remaining enemies were split in half, without worrying about anything, Glutton approached slowly. The boys were already on the edge of the abyss, they couldn't take another step and when they saw Glutão's familiar mask, they allowed themselves to fall passed out on the floor.

- Hi, hi, you really gave your all ... - Glutton approached. - You know I would have saved you if I had given shit, right? Hey, are you listening to me? ... I don't think so. She took a long breath and held out her hand close to them.

The next moment they were back at Glutton's house, she laid them on her bed. Then she sat against the wall, Glutton stayed all night using magic to make sure that they were alive and if something went out of the plan, she would simply remove them from there. As a result, almost all of her soul mana has been consumed and she is exhausted, it didn't take long and she slept.

It was late afternoon when Glutton woke up, luckily he had managed to regenerate some of his soul mana, enough that he could heal the two boys. She got up and looked at the beds, they were already gone. Well, if you can get up, it’s because you’re all right, right ?! Gabriel is even understandable thanks to his power, while Cassio is a little different… Glutton curious decided to look for them.

She opened the door to her house and came across those two, lying looking at the sky, apparently talking. Glutton understood the scenario and took a step back, decided to go back inside the house and do some homework. Cássio and Gabriel were talking for something extremely serious.

- Gabriel… you healed quickly, didn't you? Asked Cassio.

- Yeah ... even if you say that, you can stand up too. - Gabriel replied.

- You know I'm controlling my body with soul power ...

- It's the same for me. - Gabriel said hesitantly.

- Obviously not, that thing I saw yesterday ... I didn't say anything, but that was slowly eating you up.

- No need to worry about that, it needs energy to work, so I give my body, that's all.

-… Very well, if you don't want to say it, I won't ask.

0