Chapter 3: Kat’s first day.
159 4 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was woken up by my phone alarm and sat up in bed, I surprisingly hadn’t slept like that in what feels like forever. I took a shower, washed my hair dried it, and styled it by straightening it. I pulled my uniform out of the box it had a blue and gold skirt that stopped a few inches above my knees a short sleeve blouse a blue jacket with gold trim and a short matching tie, my raven black hair made the bright colors of my uniform really stand out I pulled out a pair of knee-high socks and the dress shoes that the uniform required. 

 

I walked downstairs and overheard my mom talking with Tom as she cooked breakfast, 

 

“I’m not waiting for him, he's a big boy and can take care of himself,” Tom said annoyed 

 

“SHE is your younger sister and you will make sure she is okay and that's the end of it, do you understand me.” my mom said angrily.

 

“Fine,” Tom replied in a mumble.

 

“Do you understand me!” my mom shouted.

 

“Yes ma’ ma” Tom replied monotonously.

 

I cleared my throat and Tom turned and picked up his bag and as he walked past me he mumbled “Let’s go” 

 

I pick up my bag and walk out the door with Tom leading the way as we walked down the sidewalk there was a constant click click click sound which I could see was irritating Tom quite a bit. We were halfway to the bus stop when he turned around and angrily glared at me.

 

“Do you mind not doing that.” He said angrily.

 

“S-sorry” I replied sadly looking down.

 

Out of the corner of my eye, I notice Tom grimace a little at my expression like he did feel bad even just a bit. We got to the bus and out side the front of the school was Kara.

 

“Hi you must be Katrina, it's nice to meet you,” Kara said cheerfully looking at me she was now about my height. 

 

“You too”, I said with my voice that I would have described as sweet like hunny.

 

“Follow me and I’ll show you to the principles office where you will get your schedule,” She said happily as she proceeds to guide me to the principles office.

 

Mr. Roberts was waiting in the main office for us and greeted us, “Hello ladies, how are you today.” the man said happily.

 

“Good, sir this is Katrina, the new student” Kara said.

 

“Of course thank you, Kara, you’re dismissed.”   Mr. Roberts said sternly.

 

“You’re welcome, sir.” Kara said in a respectful tone.

 

We walked into the office and I sat down like I did the day before he looked at me with a creepy grin.

 

“Hello, Tyler this is certainly an interesting development.” He said slyly.

 

“Wh-what?” I say shocked.

 

“I’m with the government or rather they informed me of your little accident.” Mr. Roberts said matter-of-factly.

 

“Y-y-you know?” I replied.

 

“Yes I know and knew, I was the once who was ordered to give Wallace the nanites by his father, he just thinks he stole it.” Mr. Roberts explained proudly.

 

“Y-you ‘re evil!” I explained.

 

“No, I am simply doing what needs to be in the name of science and to help the country.” Mr. Roberts said with pride in his voice.

 

“What if I killed myself!” I said angrily.


“But We knew you wouldn’t” Mr. Roberts explained.

 

“H-how!” I yell.

“Simple, you know the government monitors everyone and they  have gotten so good that they can predict  whose trans and who isn’t, granted it was more meant for your brother but, it can’t be helped Wallace is an idiot,” Mr. Roberts said in a knowing tone.

 

“What the fuck are you talking about? Tom is the furthest thing from trans” I say in an insulted voice at the suggestion that Tom of all people is trans. 

 

“That's something that you need to ask him, here's your schedule, and anything that happens will be reported to me.” Mr. Roberts said, motioning for me to leave the office.

 

I honestly was in complete shock at this recent revelation it was planed the government was using trans individuals for experiments, I guess I shouldn’t be surprised they did have a history of using minority groups for experiments. I wonder how many trans kids they used in theit attempt to make this technology, and not to mention they thought Tom was trans who took pride in his masculinity and even me he now has a problem with me so I was doubting that they knew people were trans and just wanted to have guinea pigs, was I really trans or did the tech mess with my mind? 

 

I made it to my first class of the day which was Algebra 1 which I was dreading, I haven’t had an algebra class since junior year and I barely passed it so I expected this to be even worse. I reached the classroom and when I entered the teacher was an older African American women, with glasses and dark grey hair.

 

“Hello there I’m Mrs. Philps, you must be Katrina,” Mrs. Philips said with a smile.

 

“Yeah, that's me,” I reply forcing a smile. 

 

“You can take a seat in the second row in an empty seat” Mrs. Philips.

 

I walked over to the seat that was on an outside row and sat down, I looked around the room, and aside from a whiteboard and a number line the walls were pretty bland aside from a clock that read 7:10 meaning I had time before class actually started. As the students talked amongst themselves the girl next to her spoke.

 

“Hi, I’m Lexi what's your name,” she said in a friendly tone.

 

“Katrina but you can call me Kat” I replied smiling hating having to introduce myself again.

 

“That's a pretty name, why don’t you tell me about yourself?” Lexi asked.

 

I followed through with the same song and dance as I did yesterday I talked about my love for video games, Marvel, Star Wars, and everything else I did with Riely.

 

“Same! I owe my love for it to my older sister she’s a senior” Lexi replied.

 

“Lexi,” A brunette girl said in a disgusted tone “, whose your friend.” 

 

“Leave us alone Ashlyn” Lexi replied in an annoyed tone. 

 

“My name Katrina, Kat for short” I replied.

 

“Why is someone as pretty as you hanging out with a girl like Lexi?” Ashlyn said venomously.

 

I looked past Ashlyn who was standing between me and Lexi and honestly Lexi wasn’t all that bad looking she had Dirty blonde hair green eyes behind thin tan glasses, she honestly reminded me of Riely aside from Riley's hair being a lilac purple shade and her face being softer and more mature.

“She looks alright to me you’re the one who doesn’t deserve to be in the company of a pretty girl,” I reply with a cheeky grin causing Ashlyn to stare at me with anger.

 

“Big mistake,” Ashlyn said before sitting down in the back of the classroom.

 

“I can’t believe you stood up to Ashlyn Grey,” Lexi said with a tone of Aww in her voice.

 

“Who?” I reply.

 

“She’s the most popular girl in school, though I think it's only because her parents are rich,” Lexi replied with annoyance.

 

“I don’t care about that stuff honestly she just seems like a bitch” I replied.

 

“Alright class it's time to begin today we’ll be continuing with Linear Equations, now let's begin,” Mrs.Philps said eagerly.

 

I actually did relatively well in the class despite not taking it in 3 years, and couldn’t understand how because i was never that good at math but now I got it relatively quickly. I looked at my schedule and I had English 1 again as suspected which I was not looking forward to because I remember not particularly enjoying the books we were forced to read. 

 

I walked into the classroom and there was a relatively young woman sitting at the teacher's desk, I sheepishly walked up to her to find where I should sit.

 

“Hi, Katrina? I'm Ms. Grey nice to meet you.” Ms. Grey said cheerfully.

 

“Yeah, that's me I wanted to know where to sit,” I replied. 

 

“Give me a moment,” Ms. Grey said as she looked on her computer at a seating chart “second-row 3rd seat.” 

 

I walked over and sat in my seat, as students filed in a boy walked in and sat down next to me “Hi, I’m Adam. what's your name” he asked.

 

“Katrina, Kat for short,” I reply.

 

“Well Kat you are absolutely beautiful,” Adam said with a smile on his face.

 

I blushed a deep crimson and looked at the front board as I ignored the fluttering feeling in my stomach. I got lost in my own thoughts he was attractive he was lean and had visible muscle deep blue eye and brown hair, I had no idea why I was feeling this way about a boy. Until recently I was one how could I possibly have these feelings for another boy, I was broken from my thoughts by Ms. Grey starting the class.

 

It was a relatively boring class as I had expected we listened to an audio reading of a book that I wasn’t particularly interested. Once the class ended and I was walking through the halls Adam stopped me “ Katrina wait up” he said.

 

“Yeah what's up Adam?” I asked curiously.

 

“I wanted to talk a bit between classes,” Adam said with a smile.

 

“Oh um okay sure” I reply. 

 

We talked I found out he was on the wrestling team with my brother and was the third-best on the team, he likes cars and works the on them in his dad's shop but he also likes star wars and video games too though he doesn’t like story games and more of the First Person Shooters. We parted ways and I went to my next class which was jewelry and Adams was auto body, when I walked in I saw Riley sitting in the classroom and I felt overcome with joy. 

 

The teacher called me over and instructed me to sit next to Riley, I walked over to her and she seemed so tall now before we were about eye hight but now I was significantly shorter than her and while I was looking up to her she gave me a smile and it made my heart flutter, and my face to blush a deep crimson. 

 

“Hi, I’m Riley what's your name?” she asked.

 

“Katrina, Kat for short,” I reply.

 

“Well hi Kat, nice to meet you,” Riley said cheerily. 

 

“Nice to meet you two,” I reply with a smile.

 

  In the short time we had before class started we did the whole song and dance we did the other day and I had at least a small portion of my old Life back and especially if that's Riley I’m happy. The class ended and I moved on to my next class which appeared to be home ec, talk about sexist, I thought to myself. When I walked into the classroom I saw Ashlyn sitting in the classroom and she glared at me the moment I walked into the classroom, I waited for the teacher to tell me where I can sit. Once I'm seated Ashlyn walks up to me.

 

“Stay away from Adam,” Ashlyn said with venom in her voice.

 

“What?” I reply confused.

 

“You heard me stay away from Adam, he’s mine” she hissed.

 

“Um, okay?” I reply even more confused.

 

“Good, glad we are at an understanding” Ashlyn said with a tone of pride.

 

The class was boring and I didn’t care too much for it but luckily it ended relatively quickly and I moved on to my next class which was choir which I actually enjoyed which was surprising because I  never really liked singing much before but now I do. I like how my voice sounds now, it sounds beautiful and soft whereas before it was rough and I didn’t care much for it.

 

My next class was Bio and that was uneventful just kinda what you would expect the mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell and all that. But then I had gym and let me tell you I fucking loved it! For the first time in my life, I enjoyed myself in the gym, the teacher made everyone participate but that didn’t bother me as much as it did before. The game for today was volleyball and I was good! My reaction to where the ball was going was insane and even my spikes were great. According to the teacher, I have a gift and she wants me on the team for winter sports, I told her I’d think about it because honestly, I don’t know if I want to. I never did like sports but something about this calls to me unlike sports when I was a guy physically at least.

 

Gym ended and then I had lunch same time as before but I wasn’t really as good of friends with Riley so I looked for a table alone but Riley called me over almost immediately after she saw me, I sheepishly sat down at the table.

 

“John this is Kat, kat this is John” Riley said introducing me and John to each other.

 

He looked at me a bit almost as if he recognized me before brushing it off and greeting me. The three of us talked and laughed as if things didn’t change. I still had photoshop with Riley after lunch and this made me happy and get a floaty feeling in my stomach.  

 

Photoshop was fun especially with Riley, being around her made me happy tho Adam made me feel the same way, It was really odd and I couldn’t explain it. Riley had a different class after Photoshop so I thought I was on my own, but as I walked into the classroom I saw Adam sitting in the back row with an empty seat next to him so I went and sat down next to him.

 

“You just can’t stay away can you beautiful?” Adam said smoothly causing me to blush.

 

“Wha? No not at all I was scheduled for this class.” I say defensively.

 

“It's okay Kat, you can say it, you want to date me. I don’t blame you personally. I’d date me too” Adam said in a suave tone.

 

“I’m a lesbian” I reply.

 

“You say that but I see the way you react when I compliment you and talk to you and especially when I look at you” Adam replied.

 

I wish I could deny it but I can’t, I did feel something for him but he doesn’t have to know about that. 

 

“I don’t feel anything about you in that way.” I declared. 

 

“We’ll see, I guarantee we’ll have a date on friday.” He said smugly causing me to blush a deep crimson.

 

“Ha! I knew it” Adam said catching me in the act.

 

“That means nothing,” I say looking away.

 

“We’ll just have to see won’t we” Adam replied with a grin.

 

“Good afternoon class I am Mr. Warner and welcome to study hall, use this time to get your homework done, or talk I don’t care I am just here to make sure you behave.” Mr. Warner said before sitting behind the desk.

 

“So what brought your family here?” Adam asked as I was taking out my homework.

 

“My dad was transferred here for work,” I replied.

 

“That's good because I wouldn’t have met such a pretty girl,” Adam said smiling towards me causing me to flash a smile in his direction.

 

“Are compliments all you can do? How about we talk more, get to know more about each other, like why don’t you like story games?” I asked looking at him in annoyance. 

“I used to always watch my mom play this game Spyro the Dragon She loved it and I loved watching her play but when she got sick and eventually died I couldn’t bring myself to play games like it because it was just too painful and just made me too sad,” Adam said with sadness in his voice. 

 

“I-I’m so sorry, I couldn’t even imagine how that feels,” I say placing my hand on his shoulder comforting him.

 

“Thanks, I appreciate it,” Adam replied with a smile taking hold of my hand and looking into my eyes. I realize what's happening and I pull my hand away and stand up.

 

“I’m sorry, I have to go do homework sorry,” I say getting up and moving to the back of the room while blushing. 

 

Study hall ended and I went about my day and it soon ended but as I  was leaving but I bumped into Riley.

 

“Oh hey, Kat, you wanna check out magic history club?” Riley asked cheerfully.

 

“Oh um sure I’d love to” I reply following Riley to the classroom.

 

Okay this is serious deja vu, Maybe it's just a coincidence that she brought it up at the end of the day in almost the same location as yesterday.’ I thought to myself.

 

“We’re here,” Riley said smiling ushering me into the same room as yesterday.

 

“Hello I’m Mr. Jamison nice to meet you,” Mr. Jamison said with a smile.

 

“Nice to meet you too” I reply with a smile.

 

“It’s a shame you missed yesterday we talked about the history of the town and magic, was quite interesting but today we are going to be talking about how magic was once integrated with technology” Mr. Jamison explained.

 

“Sounds cool, I can’t wait to hear about it” I reply with a smile.

 

“This topic is always interesting, I’ve been in the club for four years” Riley replies smiling.

 

Eventually, Mr. Jamison started his slideshow on the various different technologies such as a watch, an old-timey telephone, a polaroid camera, typewriter, an hourglass, and even more recently an old N64 controller, though he emphasized that these technologies are only rumored to be enchanted and there are only one of each of these and there is no real way to know what they do or where they are supposedly at. 

 

The club ended shortly after that and I was about to walk home before Riley stopped me.

 

“Hey Kat, why don’t I give you a ride home, it's dangerous for young students to walk home especially young women,” Riley says with a smile.

 

“Oh um yeah okay thank you” I reply nervously.

 

“Don’t mention it glad I am able to help” Riley says happily before we walked over to her car.

 

On our drive to my house, we talked about anime we like more in-depth.

 

“What!?!?  You've never watch JoJos’” I exclaimed completely taken aback by her statement.

 

“No, I just can’t get through the first episode, seems weird to me” Riley.

 

“It gets better I promise!” I exclaimed.

 

“Maybe if I had a pretty girl to watch with I’d be able to get through it,” She said with a smile glancing at me causing me to blush a deep red and look away.

 

We eventually arrived at my house and as I was getting out of the car Riley stopped me.

 

“Hey, I’m sorry if I made you uncomfortable that wasn’t my intention,” Riley said shamefully.

 

“No worries I wasn’t uncomfortable at all but I appreciate the apology,” I reply with a smile.

 

I walked into my house and was greeted by my mom “Hi sweetie how was your first day?” She asked in a sweet voice.

 

“Honestly not as bad as I thought through my new emotions are gonna take some getting used to” I replied. 

 

“What do you mean? Do you like someone?” my mom asked slyly.

 

“What no not at all why would I like someone it's my first day” I reply defensively.

 

“Is it a boy?” Mom asks.

 

“NO!” I explained trying not to blush a deep crimson.

 

“Aww my little baby has a crush,” my mom said smiling at me.

 

Ella must have overheard because she came rushing down the stairs. 

 

“Kat has a crush on a guy?” She exclaimed.

 

“I do not!” I exclaimed.

 

“Come on we need to talk,” Ella said pulling me by the arm up to her room.

 

“So spill who is he and what's he like,” Ella said excitedly.

 

“I told you I don’t have a crush,” I reply.

 

“You are a terrible liar now spill” She replies.

 

Knowing that I’ve lost I sigh before telling ger “His names Adam and he’s pretty cute though I shouldn’t feel this way.” I explain.

 

“Why not?” Ella asks. 

 

“Because I was a boy until yesterday,” I reply.

 

“So? It's okay to feel that way being gay isn’t something to be ashamed of” Ella said.

 

“I wasn’t gay though I never felt like that about a guy” I reply.

 

“Maybe you felt like you couldn’t express those feelings or repressed them, and now you have justification to feel this way,” Ella explained.

 

“Yeah I guess but I still like girls,” I reply shyly.

 

“That's perfectly okay too, who is she?”

 

“Her names Riley she's a senior and a friend I meant yesterday” I reply.

 

“Aww, cute! Who are you going to pick?” Ella squealed.

 

“I don’t know, I might go on a date with Adam, see what it’s like to date a guy” I reply.

 

“That's so cute, if he hurts you I’ll have to beat him up,” Ella said with a smile.

 

“Thanks, Ella, I appreciate it” I smile.

 

“No worries little sis,” she said rubbing the top of my head and messing up my hair.

 

“Hey stop it, you’re messing up my hair,” I say swatting away her hand.

 

“Aww so cute,” Ella said moving her hand away.

 

I walked back to my room and decided to do some homework which I finished surprisingly quickly giving me a chance to play some video games. I decided to boot up my PS4 and play some Overwatch. I put on my headset and joined a lobby, it was in the middle of a game and my team was giving callouts to where the enemies were.

 

“East side of the map, get the healer!” One shouted.

 

“On it,” I replied.

 

“Hey cutie” Another teammate replied.

 

“What?” I respond confused.

 

“You heard me you sound cute” The second teammate replied.

 

“Dude fuck off, leave her alone,” Another voice says.

 

“Shut the fuck up white knight simp,” the second teammate said.

 

“Can I just play please I’ve had a hard time recently” I reply pleadingly.

 

“What happened your boyfriend break up with you, because if so I can make it all better” the second teammate replied.

 

“Dude leave the lady the fuck alone,” A fifth voice says which sent the chat into an argument. I just decided that maybe I should go to bed. 

 

I got up the next morning showered and put my uniform on and walked to the bus stop with Tom. while waiting for the buss Tom looked down at me and said “Stay away from that Adam guy he’s no good, I hear how he talks about girls” 

 

“What do you care! I’ll talk to who I want to.” I reply angrily.

 

“Fine don’t cry to me when things go bad,” Tom said angrily.

 

We got to school and I met up with Lexi who was talking to Riley.

 

“Oh hey Kat,” both of the girls say in unison.

 

“How do you know Kat?” Lexi said.

 

“She is in one of my classes, guess we both have the same friend huh,” Riley said with a giggle.

 

My classes were about the same until my class with Adam.

 

“Hey Kat, how are you?” Adam asks happily.

 

“Good what about you?” I ask back.

 

“Good now that I am able to see you” He replied with a smile causing me to blush.

 

“Aww stop,” I say not even hiding it anymore.

 

“So do you want to go on a date with me, you obviously like me and I definitely like you,” Adam asked politely, he was persistent I do give him that. 

 

“Sure why not, I’d love to” I reply smiling.

 

“Great I’ll pick you up Friday night,” Adam said with a smile.

 

The rest of the week went pretty quickly I didn’t tell any of my friends that I had a date with Adam nor did he, thankfully. The night of the date had finally arrived and I was nervous beyond belief.

6