Chapter 33
997 9 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gensokyo - Kourindou

 

-= Rinnosuke Morichika's Point of View =-

 

“Ah there it is, we've reached our destination.”

 

I pointed at the barely visible yellow light coming from the window of the house. It was hard to spot it through the blizzard but I could easily detect it. However, I don’t know if these two humans will-

 

“Kourindou…? My lord, it looks like some kind of primitive store.”

 

As I heard the name of my store, I was shocked as I turned around just in time to witness the girl known as Angel has some kind of metal glasses covering her head with glowing purple lines in the center. The most disturbing thing is that it was connected to her neck, it is as if the glasses were part of her body or something. And as if to confirm my doubts, they actually started folding back mechanically before merging with her neck.

 

“Umm… Angel it’s disrespectful to call it ‘primitive’. This is considered the norm according to Gensokyo architectural standards. But if we’re talking about the Scarlet mansion then

 

As the man known as Killua kept mumbling to himself, I was currently trying to come to terms with the fact that they not only can see the light coming from the window but they can even read the billboard above the front door. Even though I cannot see it from here, these two…

 

“Are you guys Youkai or something?”

 

I flatley asked them if they were Youkai. Even though it’s rare, from time to time Youkai also comes from the outside world just to take refuge in Gensokyo too. However, they usually lack any useful knowledge about the outside world and are not much different from the brain dead Youkai roaming around here. I hope they are not Youkai. Please be human…

 

“Hmm? Well, yes we are something like that.”

 

“...”

 

I groaned internally as he confirmed my fears, there goes my precious knowledge about the outside world. Now I just hope they at least have some souvenir items that I can trade for…

 

It didn’t take long before we reached the front door as I entered first before looking over my shoulder and gesturing for the two Youkai to follow me inside. They looked at each other for a few moments before the male Youkai entered first and then the females soon after him.

 

“Excuse my intrusion….”

 

I heard the man say something behind me as I walked directly toward the furnace and sat in front of it.

 

*Thud*

 

I then dropped the woods beside me as I started throwing them inside the furnace one by one. Since the furnace is huge, this will take a while.

 

“Mr. Rinnosuke?”

 

I jolted as I heard a voice above me. I forget about those two… I guess sleep deprivation is finally starting to take its toll on me. I turned around with an apologetic smile on my face.

 

“Ah sorry about that, It seems that I’m tired. I can't even offer you guys a simple hospitality.”

 

“No, it’s not about that. I just want to know what you are doing right now.”

 

Killua-san said as he looked at the block of wood and the huge furnace respectively.

 

“Oh, well… as you can see, my house... for some strange reason has been full of phantoms since this morning.”

 

I said as we both looked around to spot Angel-san poking one of the phantoms using her finger. The said phantom then wriggled in place before quickly flying to the other side of the store, trying to stay as far away from Angel-san as possible. Seeing that reaction, Angel-san became interested as she started poking all the phantoms around her out of boredom.

 

“Uhuh, I can see that. But how is that related to the furnace?”

 

Killua-san asked me as he pointed at the furnace with his thumb.

 

“Well, the temperature of phantoms is extremely low, you see. And with the weather outside combined, it became really unbearable inside.”

 

“So, are you planning to get some heat from the furnace then?”

 

“Exactly.”

 

“I’m sorry to tell you this, but according to what I’m seeing, there is no way that will be enough to warm up efficiently in this level of temperature.”

 

“I know, but I’ll take what I can get. as the saying goes. Beggars can’t be chooser. *ACHOO*”

 

I sneezed as a shiver ran through my spine, this cold is starting to affect my health.

 

“...”

 

As I was about to continue filling the furnace with wood, Killua-san said something that made my hand freeze in the air just above the wood.

 

“How about we help you out with that? Since you’re giving us shelter for now, I guess some kind of payment is in order, don’t you think?”

 

“Uhh, I appreciate your goodwill Killua-san. But… how are you gonna do it?”

 

I asked him with raised brows, is one of them perhaps a Youkai that has abilities to control heat or something?

 

“Don’t worry, leave it to us. Hey, Angel!”

 

Killua-san smirked before he turned to address Angel-san who was slowly cornering all the phantoms gathered in one of the corners of the room. She immediately froze in her place and saluted towards Killua-san.

 

“My lord! H-How can I help you?”

 

“Angel, can you increase the power output of your third reactor to 20%? Oh, and make it constant until morning.”

 

“Ah? sure, my lord.”

 

Angel-san then closed her eyes and stayed still for a moment before a strange thing started to happen. It all started with faint thumping sounds coming from her chest. Those faint sounds suddenly turned into tremors, I could feel the air vibrating. And then starting from her feet, all the snow started slowly melting and sinking into the wooden floor.

 

“This…”

 

I said dumbfounded as the cold slowly but surely started escaping from my body.

 

“Amazing, isn’t it?‘

 

Killua-san said as he folded his arms with a proud expression on his face. I ignored him and looked down at the palms of my hands as they started regaining their healthy color. Their precious heat is coming back to them.

 

“I’m at a loss for words… this is marvelous.”

 

“Haha it’s too soon to be surprised. You might want to look outside right now. It should be affected by now.”

 

Without further discussion, I quickly got up from the floor and walked toward the window. Albeit hesitantly, I took it’s handle and opened it. There… whatever I expected, it was definitely not the clear road and the green grass glittering in the moonlight. The blizzard is still there but in the immediate area of at least 20 meters there was not even a single crystal of ice. All of them melted with the miraculous heat coming from Angel-san’s body.

 

“...”

 

I silently took out my glasses and started cleaning them with a piece of cloth that I got from my pocket.

 

‘These two Youkai appear to be more interesting than I thought.’

 

------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Gensokyo - Kourindou

 

-= MC’s Point of View =-

 

“...”

 

“...”

 

The time is still in the middle of the night. Rinnosuke was already fast asleep in his room, while me and Angel stayed in the main room of the store and with two futons on the floor. Rinnosuke made sure to give them to us before disappearing deeper inside the house with a sleepy expression on his face.

 

“Hmm.”

 

I lazily turned to look at Angel.

 

“!”

 

She straightened herself up once she noticed my gaze. There was no source of light here so this place was dark but that was hardly a problem for both me and Angel as we can clearly see everything with our biological night vision or not that biological in Angel’s case.

 

‘What to do… there is no way in hell I’ll stay here until the morning waiting for that midget star to spit on this side of the planet. Otherwise I might actually destroy ‘something’ in boredom, you know?’

 

With that menacing thought in mind I remembered the Goddess I destroyed before coming to Gensokyo. She seemed like someone important here. I don’t really give shit about her or her followers but I don’t want Gensokyo to collapse just yet. I’m still curious about the story of ‘Touhou Project’ and what the future will be for this Youkai dominated land.

 

And for that purpose, I’m trying to refrain from doing anything that might cause irreparable damage to this pseudo alternate world. Oh well, ‘trying’ being the keyword here…

 

“...”

 

I should probably talk with Yukari about it. She seems to be the one who holds the most political power in this land, so it would be appropriate to inform her about it first and foremost before I can decide what to do in Gensokyo. Oh, she might even give me some suggestions about that too.

 

I nodded my head before instructing Angel to wait for me.

 

“Angel, I’ll go talk with an acquaintance of mine and sort some things out. I want you to wait here and stay with Mr. Rinnosuke until I'm finished. Is that clear?”

 

“Affirmative!”

 

She saluted with a hand in front of her head and the other behind her lower back.

 

“Alright then, see you soon.”

 

“Yes my lord, please have a safe trip.”

 

“Yeah, be right back.”

 

I chuckled before searching for Yukari’s life force in the multiverse and then immediately putting two fingers on my forehead and teleporting to her location.

 

*Tsu*

 

What appeared before me was quite interesting. Everywhere I looked I could only see huge crimson eyes. There was an infinite amount of red eyes glaring everywhere. The only place that didn’t have those eyes was the floor which mysteriously looked like a glass panel with the planet earth visible through it.

 

*Suu*

 

“Hmm?”

 

As I was admiring the strange environment, I heard a snoor coming from the side.

 

“That’s… a sofa?”

 

As I turned to the sound, the first I saw was a purple sofa situated nearby with a person sleeping in it. I raised my brows as I walked around it only to see that it was actually Yukari.

 

*Suu*

 

“...”

 

She was sleeping peacefully without a care in the world. 

 

“...”

 

A sudden ‘bad idea’ suddenly formed in my head. I know I shouldn’t do it, but my inner bully just wanted to do it so badly that I can't help myself.

 

‘Ah… I’m gonna regret this. Won't I?’

 

I thought with a wry smile as I slowly pulled the cover that was covering her and then I stealthily slipped inside so that I was also sleeping on the sofa while directly facing her. I could even feel her breath on my face.

 

“Yukari-chan~ wake up~”

 

I said playfully as I used one hand to brush her golden hair behind her ear while I used the other to grab her waist and pull her closer to me. And as soon as her chest pressed against mine, her reaction was instantaneous.

 

“????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

Her eyes immediately sprung open and at the same time all those infinite crimson eyes suddenly glared directly in our direction. All of them are charged with some kind of energy of tremendous potency.

 

“Oh shit…”

 

As soon as I said that, Yukari's confused eyes suddenly turned frighteningly sharp as she said in a chiling tone.

 

“Hoooo~ truly a courageous one. Just who might you be, doomed young man?”

 

“Ouch! Dead already? I just want to see you, my dear Yukari-chan~”

 

I said close to her ear as I pulled her closer. Her eyes then darkened dangerously and not even a second after. I suddenly found myself in space.

 

“Eh?”

 

I blinked as very powerful gravity pulled me down and fell to what looked to be lava. This one being much much hotter than earth’s core. Probably a star or something.

 

‘It seems she somehow transferred me here with one of her Gap abilities.’

 

I thought as I casually swam in the lava like a professional diver.

 

“Ah, this really brings back memories. Good times, good times

 

I barely had time to enjoy the hot spring before I sensed a presence above me and turned my head up just in time to witness Yukari with a cold expression as she headed in my direction with her folded fan and then she slashed.

 

*Crack*

 

As if reality itself was split open, the entire star below me split in half like cheese before a supernova swallowed me whole. But I was still able to see Yukari disappearing back into one of her Gaps to avoid getting in the same predicament as me.

 

Of course, the terrifying celestial explosion couldn’t even do so much damage to my enchanted clothes, let alone my indestructible body. So I just kneaded my eyes with my left hand as I started regretting my actions already.

 

“Ugh… I know it was a bad idea. I just hope she will cool down soon so we can talk.”

 

Probably starting by clearing the misunderstanding about my identity, as she clearly doesn’t seem to recognize me in my True Form.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hello guys, I was thinking that my writing skills have improved significantly compared to when I started this fanfiction. Or is it just my imagination? Also I was thinking about writing a new fanfiction, choose one: Naruto's Madara Crossover to Re:zero or Overlord's Momonga Crossover to Re:zero or This fanfiction's MC(Killua) Crossover to Re:zero.

Finally, do you like long chapters or short ones like this?

34