Chapter 40
553 6 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gensokyo - Kourindou

"A-And his name is?"

Marisa gulped as she asked fearfully.

"Killua-san"

"Eek?!!"

At the same time Killua entered The Scarlet Devil Mansion with Ophis. Kourindou's atmosphere suddenly turned heavy.

Marisa, who heard Rinnosuke's pronouncing the name 'Killua'. She immediately had a terrible realization about what kind of 'man' her friend was letting into his house.

Of course, Marisa would never forget that name.

Don't even mention her own not so 'friendly' experience with him, in the past few months, the entire Gensokyo was talking about him. She bet that by now, the ones who don't know about him could be counted on one hand.

It's not what he did that made him so unfamous. After all, Gensokyo doesn't have a shortage of that kind of incident. Hell, he probably didn't even enter into the top 10 most dangerous incidents that happened in the past.

But it was 'who' he targeted that made him so unfamous. It is no secret that in Gensokyo, the Tengu holds the most influence on the media and information circulation at the tip of their fingers.

And so many people, be it humans, Youkai, or even Gods depend on the Tengu to know about what is happening in the other parts of Gensokyo and the status of affairs of the various factions and incidents.

It is not that they are lazy… no some are definitely just lazy. But it's just that most of the factions in Gensokyo are highly protective of their territory and might even kill on sight if someone trespassed into their land. Hell, Marisa, herself would 'Master Spark' just about anyone who dared to enter her house without permission. No questions asked.

So unless you are super fast, can hide far away in the sky, and fly with the wind like the Tengu, it is virtually impossible to find out information about other parts of Gensokyo.

Anyway, when the Tengu learned that they are no match for the man called 'Killua'. They wasted no time venting their vengeance using their media routes and letting everyone in Gensokyo learn about this 'supposedly' monster of unknown origin that wants to destroy Gensokyo and killed countless innocent lives.

Marisa had only met that man once, but even she with her limited knowledge about him can understand the guy a bit. Although he is scary, he is actually not that bad. So she didn't believe those exaggerated lies the Tengu are putting in their newspaper every day. Especially when she saw his interactions with Flandre at that time.

She felt that they almost run out of what next evil deeds they can accuse the guy of tomorrow. They most likely want the other factions or some bored powerful individual to do the dirty work for them and deal with the 'evil' man in their stead so they can dispose of the guy from a safe distance and without major consequences to their side.

Or at least, that is what Patchouli guessed and told her before since Marisa doesn't have the brain to think that far.

However, when remembering the man terrifying 'aura' that day. A part of her heart just couldn't help but be suspicious if some of those accusations might actually be true. After all, since the Tengu are that vengeful of him… Then he obviously did something, right?

"..."

When Marisa thought this much, her always cheerful expression turned unusually serious for once and she looked at Rinnosuke.

'This guy… what is he planning…'

There is absolutely no way in hell this bookworm who only reads books all day long would not read those newspapers at least once in these past months. She could even swear this guy had a secret closet somewhere in his house that contains all the newspapers from the last decade at the least.

This means that he already knows about 'Killua' and his 'rather' ugly reputation.

Moreover, unlike her. he has never met, or at least she believed he never met the guy before. So he has no reason to doubt what the Tengu wrote about him.

When Rinnosuke noticed Marisa's strange gaze directed at him and her sudden change in expression, he just looked into her eyes and smiled knowingly.

"What's wrong, Marisa?"

He knows.

Marisa ignored his question and furrowed her brows as she looked at the strange woman in weird armor glaring daggers at them. If looks could melt, Marisa swore she would become a liquid on the floor right now. And the woman's glowing eyes weren't helping that analogy at all.

Marisa sighed and turned around to leave.

"What'chaver ya planning Konnin, I hope ya know what you're doing."

"What are you suddenly talking about?"

Hearing Rinnosuke's words, Marisa just rolled her eyes exasperatedly and left through the door.

"Anyway-ze. Whatever ya're planning has nothing to do with me. I will be back in two days for the Mini-Hakkero. See'ya Konnin."

"Wait! you forgot-!"

"Brain waves scan completed." *Baam!*

Just when Rinnosuke was about to remind Marisa about her hat as she walked out of his store. A cold machine-like voice suddenly came from behind him and a very loud noise like an explosion was heard.

"Gah!"

The next moment his face was roughly pushed into the wall next to the door.

*Crack*

He crashed into it so hard that his glasses immediately shattered and they fall to the ground.

"Ugh! what-"

Rinnosuke felt a strong metallic hand grabbing his hair from behind.

"Suspicious intentions towards the Lord detected. Target neutralized."

When he heard the same cold voice close to his ear, Rinnosuke was extremely confused as he slowly turned his head to the side.

When he saw Angel's lifeless eyes staring directly at his own with a bone-chilling expression on her face, he shuddered in his place and he almost peed himself in fear.

Just when he was about to open his mouth to say something, Marisa hurriedly came back to the store to see what was happening and she immediately froze in place.

"H-Hey! W-What is happeni-"

Before Marisa even finished speaking, Angel's cold voice sounded again interpreting her words.

"Potential culprit detected. Scanning is still in progress… Brain waves scan completed. Neutral disposition towards the Lord. Ignore."

When Angel said those words with glowing eyes as if speaking to herself. Rinnosuke and Marisa became even more confused.

"Umm. Can you please-"

When Rinnosuke tried to struggle and get out of her iron grasp. A stabbing sound followed by a crunching one was heard. And the next moment Rinnosuke could feel a warm feeling on his back.

"Target resisting. Initiating humanoid second-level physical neutralizing protocol. Target's spine destroyed."

Rinnosuke was still dazed as blood slowly oozes out from his forehead.

"Kyaaaaaaa!"

It wasn't until he heard Marisa's horrified scream before an unimaginable amount of pain shot throughout his entire body.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

When Marisa saw the screaming Rinnosuke with a hole and a broken spine protruding from his back. Her survival instinct instantly took over and she immediately turned around to run away and call for help.

However, she didn't so much take a tenth of a step before she heard Angel's terrifying voice again.

"Witness located. Potential unknown offensive backup detected. Terminating." *Tsu*

As soon as Angel rapidly finished speaking to herself. Without even turning her gaze away from Rinnosuke, her armored left arm blurred for a moment. And the next instant Marisa's head exploded like a watermelon.

*Splatter*

Marisa's body was about to take a step. Suddenly found itself headless and it just fell to the ground with a heavy thud. From her exposed neck, a fountain of blood was gushing out rapidly staining the wooden floor with the paralyzed Rinnosuke's bone-chilling horrified screams filling the store.

Angel just watched the pitiful humanoid in front of her with a relaxed expression as she waited for her Lord to come back.

"..."

After a few minutes of constant screaming and grunting, Rinnosuke finally lost his voice as he just kept staring at Marisa's corpse with an anguish expression on his face.

At that moment, Angel starts to slightly sympathize with the suffering humanoid. She wants to help it and end its pain. But she did not dare to bless it with a painless death like the other one. They were taught and programmed to wait for the Lord to decide the punishment for those who made the sin of harboring suspicious intentions toward him.

After all, for those who disobeyed the Lord before. 'Death' is but an extremely great blessing in disguise.

Even if she died a trillion times over. Even if her synthesized artificial soul was erased without return. Angel did not want to be one of them.

No one does.

Not even those arrogant self-proclaimed Gods do.

"?"

When Angel was thinking about what happened to those who disobeyed the Lord in the past. Her sensors suddenly detected some unknown energy invading her body. Her quantum immune system however automatically repelled the strange energy outside and deployed an anti-supernatural blue transplant barrier covering her entire body.

While her main processor was analyzing the structure of the energy from before, Angel noticed that the living humanoid in front of her suddenly had a horrified expression while looking at her.

"Living… spaceship? Galactic defense flagship? Planetary strategic… weapons? Can destroy worlds? Integrated pocket dimension? This is not your real body? What in the world… You…"

Rinnosuke kept saying words like a broken machine as his already fatally injured body started shaking violently.

"No… what exactly are you?" *Shiver*

Angel's artificial eyes blinked as her smell sensors detected a foul stench coming from the lesser humanoid in front of her. Soon enough, a yellow liquid was slowly dripping down from below him.

"Lower lifeform. how-"

Just when Angel was about to interrogate him about how did he know about her main body, she suddenly stopped and snapped her head for the first time toward Marisa's corpse.

"!"

Angel's eyes widened as she could see that someone has somehow managed to come into the building without triggering her impregnable radars and was now crouching and looking at the corpse with a pleased smile on their face.

"Ah, looks delicious~ such fresh blood. No wonder I smelled it from miles away~"

The person licked her lips as she looked intensely at the blood dripping from the exposed neck of Marisa's corpse. There was a hungry glint in her crimson eyes as she squeezed the parasol on her hands in anticipation.

Rinnosuke who was right now a shivering mess of blood and urine froze as a strong familiar smell of sunflower suddenly assaulted his nostrils. He slowly turned his head towards the intruder.

"..."

As soon as he realized the identity of the person wearing the red plaid skirt…

"Haha…ha. Ah-" *Thud*

He just lost whatever was left of his willpower and laughed hysterically like a madman before losing consciousness right then and there.

"Brain waves scan completed. Neutral disposition towards the Lord. Extreme evil. Karma levels are unnaturally negative. Highly unpredictable. Potential valuable surface specimen detected. Inspection initiated."

Unlike him, however, Angel casually relaxed her posture and began to study the newcomer humanoid organism in curiosity.

"Itadakimasu~" *Crunch*

"Hmph. Assessment is normal. Abort examination. Ignore."

But when Angel saw that the peculiar lifeform was just here to obtain food and eat the corpse of the human girl she just eliminated. Angel immediately lost all interest and she just turned back to the task of monitoring Rinnosuke as if nothing happened. Completely ignoring the barbaric humanoid.

*Munch* *Munch* *Slurp*

After all, she has no interest in the food chain nor the table etiquettes of these lesser lifeforms.

*Blush* "Ahh~ this part is also really good!" *Crunch*

"..."

As long as they DO NOT trouble the Lord, they can do whatever they want for all she cares.


Author: Aiyo, things really started getting spicy...

16