Chapter 45
367 4 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

?? - Land of the Back Door

Back in the seemingly endless plane of floating doors, that leads to different locations in Gensokyo. The Goddess Okina Matara. That is known in Gensokyo by the title 'The Ultimate, Absolute Secret God'. The same Goddess that was killed two times by Killua. Was currently sitting on her golden throne with a deep expression on her face.

"As I thought."

As if confirming something, Okina nodded to herself with a serious expression before standing from her throne.

"I should inform that lazy Gap Youkai immediately."

The blond Goddess pointed her palm in front of her and chanted something in an ancient language.

*Tsu*

She then dropped her hand as a strange door with multiple crimson eyes appeared in front of her. Okina didn't waste any time as she unceremoniously opened the door and walked into it.

As she appeared on the other side, the door closed behind her and disappeared into multiple particles of golden light.

"..."

Okina silently looked around her for a bit as if searching for something.

"Hmph. There you are."

When she spotted the only object in this cursed dimension, which is a normal-looking sofa. She humphed and slowly approached it. As she was getting close, Okina started hearing someone speaking, most likely the Gap Youkai who was on the other side of the furniture.

'Why is she hiding behind the sofa?'

Okina thought to herself as Yukari's voice was now loud enough that she can hear it clearly.

"Hehehe~ Kill~ Yes, Kill him~"

And heard her she did. Okina doubted her ears as she reached her destination and looked down strangely at the Gap Youkai giggling creepily to herself.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"HIAAAAAAAA??!!!"

As soon as Yukari heard a sudden voice beside her, she shrieked horrified, and immediately jumped to her feet. Okina was also startled and took a step back as she was weirded out by her reaction.

"O-Okina?!! W-What are you doing here? D-D-Did y-you just hear–"

As Yukari was shouting aggressively with an embarrassed expression on her face. Okina stopped her by raising one hand toward her and the other one covering her own face.

"Stop it right there. I don't care about your hobbies. Nor whatever you did. Nor what you're planning to do. And also, I didn't hear anything bad YET. So shut up, and spare us both the trouble."

Hearing her, Yukari opened and closed her mouth a few times as if trying to say something before she finally calmed down and covered her lower face with her fan.

"Fufu- How can I help you Okina? It's been so long, I don't even remember the last time you visited me here."

Yukari suddenly said and acted as if nothing happened. Okina getting the hint also decided to preserve her fellow Sage's pride and opened her mouth.

"That's true. However, as Sages of Gensokyo, we both know that we have duties to take responsibility for. Especially you and me. Seeing as the others are totally useless."

Okina said with a crude tone as both she and Yukari walked around the sofa.

"Fufu~ Useless is too much of a word, but I understand what you mean. Those girls are still too weak and cannot yet handle what we shoulder."

Yukari said with a sigh as she sat down on her sofa.

"Heh. Tell me about it."

Okina summoned her golden throne behind her and also sat on it. She was facing Yukari as they both looked into each other's eyes.

"..."

"..."

There was an intense silence between them before Okina suddenly dropped a bomb.

"I died. Two times. Moreover, by the same person."

"!"

Hearing the shocking revelation. Yukari's eyes immediately turned serious.

"What? Are you kidding with me right now?"

"Hahaha. Do I look like someone who speaks nonsense to you?"

Seeing the amused Goddess in front of her, Yukari frowned and loudly closed her fan.

*Clack* "This is no laughing matter Okina-san. You REALLY don't want to try my patience."

In response to those threatening words, Okina just casually rested her head on her left hand and looked directly at the Gap Youkai's terrifying eyes. There was a silent contest between the two for a few minutes before Yukari's eyes finally widened.

"No way. I can't believe it."

"..."

"Wait, you are alone? those two children who are always with you…"

Yukari suddenly asked as she gripped her fan tightly.

"Dead.'

Okina said with absolute conviction in her tone. There was no room for argument in that answer.

"..."

Yukari's eyes widened again and opened her mouth speechlessly. She just kept looking at the Goddess in front of her.

Noticing the strange expression on Yukari, Okina frowned.

"What?"

"...Shocking. I always had the image that you absolutely hate having your properties taken away. The fact that you are currently here and actually calmly talking to me is… for a lack of better words... Unsettling."

"So?"

Yukari was taken aback by her long acquaintance's fast reply. She blinked and said.

"No. It's just. I expected you to…"

"Avenge?"

Okina completed the sentence when Yukari was hesitating to do it.

"..."

The Gap Youkai nodded.

"The simple answer is… There is no reason to."

Okina said with a grimace as she looked at the confused Gap Youkai in front of her.

"For killing me twice… let's just say, I got what I deserve. After all, It was me who provoked that person. You could say we are even now, no matter how much I hate to admit it."

"Umm. Okay?"

Yukari said but looked as if she was not convinced yet. Noticing that, Okina decided to continue.

"As for those two girls… It is you who jumped to the wrong conclusion. That person did not kill them. I did not say they were killed."

"But, you said–"

"Dead. Yes, they are indeed dead. As for how I know that… it's because their souls are connected to me. So if they are dead, as the God they believe in, I will of course know that. It's as simple as that."

Okina explained with a deep voice as if she was teaching a mortal about the hidden secrets of the Gods.

Yukari nodded silently but still looked not convinced.

"That... Sure. But, I still can't understand. You said they are dead. Yet, you also said that person did not kill them. Then what the hell happened to those children? And why are you so calm about it? All this doesn't make any sense to me at all. And just who in the world is that person?"

Looking at the perplexed Legendary Youkai in front of her. Okina closed her eyes and said two words.

"True Gods."

"WHAT??!!!

That was all it took for Yukari to suddenly lose all composure and she immediately jumped to her feet. The whole dimension suddenly trembled as if to mirror the current state of the Gap Youkai's mind. There was cold sweat on her forehead as she looked fearfully at the Goddess in front of her.

"Well, calm down. Whatever you are thinking right now. It's not happening. Just sit down."

Yukari gulped and did what the Goddess said as she sat back on her sofa, but there was still incredible unease in her eyes.

Anything that has anything to do with True Gods is no small matter, it might as well be something that will decide the very fate of this entire world. Not even Dragon Gods pose as much danger as those unfathomable beings.

So Yukari, someone who tasted their horror firsthand against Shinki. Her panicked state is totally understandable.

Remembering her humiliating defeat against that True Goddess, Yukari decided to ask.

"Don't tell me… is it Shinki?" *Shudder*

"Hmm? The God of Makai? No, it's not her. After her scandal of creating the Emperor Beast of Apocalypse Trihexa. I don't think she will ever step into this world to cause trouble again. The other True Gods will not stay silent this time. Even 'she' will not dare face ALL of them and the entire world together alone. She was lucky they didn't show up when she came to Gensokyo that day."

Hearing that, Yukari sighed in relief but was now curious who was that person.

"If it was not Shinki. Then who was it?"

"Before that, let me answer your first question. About those two girls. As you are not a God, you probably wouldn't know, but there is another secret that mortals don't know."

Okina said mysteriously as she raised one finger in front of her.

"Oh?"

Yukari looked interested as she leaned forward to listen more carefully. It's incredibly rare that a powerful God reveals their racial secrets. That's why very little is known about them compared to all the other beings in the world. And the weak Gods and Goddesses are clueless since they didn't exist long enough to know much about themselves. Otherwise, Yukari would have already 'squeezed' everything from those many lesser Goddesses roaming around in Gensokyo.

Most don't know this, but actually, The closest one to being a True God is the Goddess currently sitting in front of her. She knows too much for her own good, and Yukari will do anything to get that knowledge out of her.

"It's about those who believe in us. If they had children, that newborn must have a soul right?"

Yukari nodded.

"If the newborn physical body came from the parents, then what about the soul? Who would provide that?" *Smirk*

"Don't tell me–"

When Okina noticed Yukari widening her eyes, she smirked and continued.

"That's right, the soul will have to come from the closest God or Goddess linked to either the father or the mother. Through that link, a small amount of special energy we call God Ki will be used to create a soul for the child. This process is done automatically and is strictly followed by each God and Goddess in this world. It is part of the payment they have to pay for the God Ki they received from the prayers of their believers. I'm not going to speak about the details as you won't understand it as a mere mortal who doesn't possess God Ki, but that is about the gist of it."

As Okina finished her explanation, Yukari first looked fascinated by that information but then she asked something that didn't look quite right for her.

"Then what about non-believers? Those who don't believe in any God or Goddess. Despite not following any religion, they are still able to have children. And those children look quite lively to me. No difference from those of the believers. Not to mention, us. The Youkai are also able to have them."

Yukari said as she covered her mouth with her fan. There was a certain glint in her eyes as if she was challenging the Goddess in front of her.

"That's right.  Howev'r, thee did miss something incredibly fundamental… child. a fact yond only the True Gods and a couple of beings did realize in this w'rld. "

Okina's voice suddenly turned solemn as Yukari felt a shiver run down her back.

"W-What is it?"

As Yukari said that nervously, Okina's demeanor returned to normal, and she calmly closed her eyes.

"Origin. With a few exceptions, all the beings in this world have some kind of origin. Now tell me, Gap Youkai. What is the origin of mortals?"

"..."

"I'll give you a hint… who created the first two humans? Who created the fear system of the Youkai? Who was it that created all the countless living beings on the earth?"

"..."

"...who was the first to step into this world since the beginning of time?"

Okina asked slowly as she opened her eyes again and looked directly into Yukari's eyes. She saw her eyes gradually move from confusion to incredulous to realization to unwillingness and finally to DREAD.

"D-Don't t-tell me… t-that's… T-TRUE GODS??!!"

"Hahaha. Exactly! Congratulations! You just learned the biggest secret in existence."

Okina suddenly started clapping as she laughed merrily at the terrified Gap Youkai.

"..."

Looking at the amused Goddess in front of her. Yukari was pale as she tried to calm down her trembling body.

"Alright. After you learned that secret. I think now you know the answer to your earlier question right?"

Okina waited until the Gap Youkai calmed down and asked her.

"..."

Yukari looked down for a bit and thought about it.

"So… you're saying that all of us... All the mortals in the world are one way or another linked to one of the T-True Gods. And they are the ones who provide souls for the newborns of the Youkai, unbelievers, and atheists? T-They are receiving God Ki or whatever you call it from us constantly? Doesn't that mean they are getting exponentially stronger every single day indefinitely??!!"

Yukari shouted her last sentence with an unwilling look on her face. She cannot believe what she is saying. There was a desperate look in her eyes as she hoped for the Goddess in front of her to deny her own words.

However, when she saw the serious expression on Okina's face. She felt her whole world shatter and she laughed hollowly.

"Ha… haha… that is bullshit."

When Yukari felt that it cannot get any worse than this, Okina's merciless voice sounded again.

"That is not all. As you already know, as long as a SINGLE believer is alive. Us Gods do not die. In fact, that is why I'm still alive despite dying two times by that person. Of course, it might take time to revive. But we will definitely appear again and eventually recover all of our powers. Also, that delay is different from God to God. And relative to the damage done to us and the amount of God Ki we lost. Zero Energy or as known as Hakai Energy between True Gods is especially nasty. That thing… if you got killed by it. A typical revive might take a minimum of a million years."

As Okina said that, Yukari's already pale face turned even paler as she began to understand the hidden meaning of those words.

The Goddess continued talking.

"Yes, it's exactly as you are currently thinking. For the True Gods. As long as a single being of the races they created is alive. They cannot perish. Even the unbelievers are counted too. So to effectively kill them, you have to exterminate the entire races and all the beings they created before you even start killing the True Gods themselves. It's an impossible task that has never been done before since the beginning of time. After all, the True Gods will not sit obediently and watch you kill their creations. You would have to fight and kill the True Gods multiple times at the same time while you're killing their creations until you finish eliminating their roots. And ONLY then will you be able to truly kill the True Gods."

"..."

"I bet you are thinking that doesn't matter at all. As even you, alone. As a Gap Youkai. You could easily destroy this entire world or reality itself and kill most if not every mortal effortlessly."

*Flinch* "..."

"Well, I hate to break it for you. But you are not the first one who tried that. You have to know that True Gods take it a million steps further by giving God Ki to their creations and making them literal Gods, stronger and unkillable."

"..."

Seeing that Yukari was still holding on to whatever minuscule hope she has, Okina smirked and broke that too.

"Moreover, some even send their creations through spatial rifts to whole other worlds and universes entirely. Others also send them randomly through space-time. All of those creations are equipped with a 100% Godlike fertility rate and the mission to mate with every living being in existence and branch out to other worlds and infinite time frames too. So you have to travel through time and space and search and kill all of them. Which is despite being practically impossible, it is STILL theoretically possible. Now let's imagine you are some almighty Omnipotent being that said fuck it and decided to do just that and went through the multiverse and time in a maniac frenzy to massacre everything…"

"?"

As Yukari looked at Okina with barely recognizable hope in her eyes. Okina smiled generously and mercilessly shattered it.

"But while you're doing that. As they are connected to every single one of them, they sense their creations dying unnaturally and so they just instantly send even more monstrous sex-driven infinite-stamina godlike-sperms time-manipulating beings while also personally targeting your life with full power at the same time. Do you even know why Hecatia is said to be the strongest True Goddess? That crazy bitch actually managed to give life to planets and countless unanimated celestial objects that are untraceable throughout the multiverse. To kill her, you have to indiscriminately not just kill but ALSO destroy every single celestial object, every micrometeoroid, every damn photon in all the infinite universes in the multiverse. She even copied her entire existence three times over so that even if you ACTUALLY and SOMEHOW destroyed the whole fucking multiverse and killed her for real. She can STILL revive herself with the other copies. So you have to kill her THREE times AND at the SAME TIME. FURTHERMORE, she always made sure her three copies are never in the same world and time frame. So even one shoot-ying the world or time itself is not enough. Urgh! Damn, now I feel like puking again!"

Okina was feeling cringed at remembering the disgusting Hecatia. She just sighed defeated, and continued.

"Sigh… Let's just face it, True Gods are absolute. You cannot kill them. They are the supreme authority in the food chain. No, they are even outside the food chain itself… Huh? H-Hey, are you okay?"

When Okina noticed that Yukari has a dead fish expression on her face and was having an existential crisis, she cursed herself for revealing too much and decided to shut up and lift her spirits.

This is why Gods don't reveal their secrets to mortals. It just doesn't work out. No matter how strong and capable that mortal is. Even for Multiverse Level beings. Some cruel truths are too much for them to accept and it's better for them not to know about those. Just let them have fun in that little bubble of theirs, why go around shattering their adorable ego for no reason?

"A-At least the Dragon Gods are technically killable. So cheer up!"

15