Chapter 3: The Exorcist
497 22 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Hello everyone! I would be grateful if you'd comment and/or like my chapters. It will help me indicate how received the story is so far. Thank you and have a great day!

This is the BGM I was listening to while writing this chapter.

 

 

-Hollow-

Flames guided me out the window. There I hovered over the creature brought back from ancient times. Its horrid silver body crashed into smaller stores and homes as the citizens around cried for help. Like ants, they scatter about trying to survive.

 

 

“Tsk…”

I revealed myself from the flames. My angelic wings keep me afloat as I peered down at the unique sight.

“Oh! There you are demon!”

A strange young girl danced about the back of the dragon. With long aqua blue twin tails, fluffy hair, and a skirt too short for her, she tapped her shoes like a stage performer while shouting in a handheld device.

 

 

“It’s wonderful that I can be the Exorcist to annihilate you!”

She cried as a shockwave blurred through the air. I swung my body to the side, missing the nearly invisible wave aimed at me. From behind, the roof of the inn rumbled before bursting into wooden chunks, scattering about the town.

“What a devastating device…”

I scoffed. I had no intention of backing down from a fight. If that’s what this freak wanted, then I would gladly destroy her and that vile ancient dragon.

“Well, well, well…”

She jeered as she flicked her head back causing her twin tails to sway.

“Sparrow-head! On this glorious dawn, you die today! I will save these people from your cold hands.”

With her annoying spill over, she pointed her arms towards me. Now the dragon animated and took a deep breath. A white breath escaped its mouth. I flew to the side and took out my trusted blade. Peering along the side of its breath I connected my sword with its jaw, cutting into the side of its mouth. The dragon cried as it swung its head to the side.

“Oh! How dare you defile my Furious!”

The Exorcist wailed, sending a shockwave back to me. With quick reflexes, I skillfully avoided her attack.

The dragon raged now as It clawed at me, destroying homes in its wake. More humans ran from the carnage. This “holy order” person was doing more damage than good…

“Hold still so I can raddle your bones with my magnificent voice!”

Echoes of waves continued bouncing my way. They were easy enough to dodge, all I had to do was focus on the ancient beast, who posed the biggest threat so far.

“Are you ready, Furious?”

The twin tail began tapping around it’s back. Only then did I realize that she was feeding mana into the beast. That was the major source of the dragon's energy…that annoy exorcist’s magical shoes.

“Tsk…I get it.”

Suddenly, the dragon roared as its body began sparking a holy white. The mana around began to rise around me. That indicated that it was planning to use greater level magic…

“Oh, Furious did the demon anger you?!”

She grinned.

“Then I shall allow you to take your vengeance on her!”

Just then as I flew about, avoiding her waves…

“Huh?”

My body was bound by a ring of some kind. The mana around me wasn’t strong…no, it was fairly weak. But the aim behind it wasn’t to do harm but to keep me from moving.

“Heh…alright.”

A smile arrived on my face. Now the true battle was about to begin. The clouds turned an ominous white as a circular wave began to cloud the town. The beast cried a shriek mirroring cut glass.

“Die a glorious death, creature of the Shadowlands!”

That’s when a bolt of white lightning cut through my skull and down to my legs. My body flopped as I fell and hit the ground. The shockwave of the blast leveled any surrounding buildings with ease. Blood seeped from my mouth and eyes now.

“Heh…”

My heart began to pump. That’s when I could feel the gift from Wails raising in me. My blood began to pulse, trickling into tiny spouts of mana. In other words, my blood became my power.

“What the hell…is she drawing in mana?”

Her voice toned down now as she stared at me. My angelic wings faded away and what replaced the right side was horrible black feathers. My dark blade pulsed as it grew larger. Mana surged in it…

“Are you ready?”

I stated calmly, earning a shriek from the “holy” exorcist.

“Furious! Eat that Ruiner whole!”

The dragon raced towards me now, trampling over the slums once called a settlement. As it raced forward, I brought myself to the ground and held my blade to the side. The beast brought up its pure white claws and aimed them to me.

“Ha!”

I cried as I swung the blade up, lopping off the arm of the beast. It cried as it’s now severed hand flipped in the sky.

“Furious?!”

Now unbalanced its head aimed my way as it fell towards me.

“He!”

My black wing pushed me forward as I cut through its neck like butter. Mana pulsed in my blade, strengthening the edge that much more.

“Haya!”

I swung around now aiming at its body, or otherwise the exorcist.

“Die!”

I cried but she jumped off the beast as I cut into it’s back and through its stomach. Instead of blood, white power spewed from its body. The beast then melted into strange white pus.

“How dare you do that to my Furious!”

She cried before lifting her hand and snapping.

The white pus began to shake as it all gathered back to each other. Like magnets attracting to the core, the pus built-up back into the same shape as before. There lied the dragon in all its glory.

“Tsk, leave it to an Exorcist to be annoying.”

The short skirt hopped back on her dragon and rubbed her cheek on its back.

“Oh, how I missed you, Furious. Did the bad lady hurt you?”

The beast cried before glaring back to me.

“So that dragon is nothing but a mountain of pus?”

I spewed to the side.

“Furious, let’s take her back to my lab. I want this specimen to be my next experiment!”

The mad exorcist laughed as the beast lifted it’s head again. There the white fog began entering the battlefield once more.

“This will go on forever…”

I lamented. I had no fear of losing, no, she was too weak to be a threat. I was more annoyed that I had to deal with this…

“…Mom?! Mommy?”

My eyes glanced to the side only to see a young child with short black hair crying. The beast spell had already been readied in the sky. It was only a matter of time before it would strike, debilitating the ground like before.

“Tsk…”

But that small girl…looked like her.

My body moved on its own as I rushed to her side and lifted her. The holy light struck down, leveling the area. My back seared in pain as I shielded her from the strike. Now blood filtered through my mouth causing my fangs to show. Mana burst as more vile blood popped out giving me more strength to an unnatural level.

“Ahh!”

The little girl cried as I looked her in the eye.

“Get the hell out of here before I kill you!”

I screamed causing the child to stumble over debris as she raced away. Now my mana levels were reaching even higher. I already out leveled the pus monster and exorcist by far.

“Interesting! You saved a meaningless child?!”

The exorcist taunted.

“But you’re a Ruiner from the god Wails?!”

“And you’re a soldier granted powers from Ave herself. Yet you intended to kill a child to get to me?”

“The people here are meaningless!”

She chuckled with her hands on her exposed hips.

“Who cares about a no-named child in a no-name town?! For I was given the gift of our goddess to eradicate you!”

Her pale eyes shined meticulously. It was as if she’d been possessed by a spirit now. Her face twisted as she pointed the device back at me.

“I see…so Ave has given up on her humans.”

There was only one way to end this…

And that’s to take her and that pus dragon out in one fatal strike.

“I will show you the level of my gift from Wails.”

I stated.

The sky resonated with my resolve, blanketing the world in the darker twilight.

 

19