Chapter 4: The Exorcist – Part 2
403 10 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello everyone! I would be grateful if you'd comment and/or like my chapters. It will help me indicate how received the story is so far. Thank you and have a great day!

 

 

-Hollow-

There I raised my blade to the sky. It floated on demand, away from my hand, causing the sky around to turn an ominous purple. The mana in my body raised to my blade as all the pain and blood trickled in.

“This is the blessing of Wails, human!”

When I bleed, mana powers me. My hurt teeters the scales in my favor. As I near death, I bring about death! That’s when my blade reached to the heavens. The black curse swirled the skies above. My large black wing faded as mana into the blade causing it to glow magenta.

“…”

But suddenly, a bright, sharp mana blade pierced my body. My eyes swung to the side revealing a pink-haired woman. She held out her hand, channeling an intense amount of mana through her.

“…Nnng…”

“…”

Her mouth opened, revealing nothing. But her lips moved as if chanting an incantation. Where did she come from? Who the hell is she? All I know is that she’s a pain in my ass right now.

“Hehehe! Very good nameless magician! Hold that devil down so we can strike her with righteous judgment!”

The exorcist jeered as she tap-danced on the dragon’s back. This only pissed me off more.

This strange woman was holding me down like that simple spell before. But this was different, her mana exceeded that of both the dragon and exorcist. Her emotionless face twisted into a warped smile. Her eyes glared at me with something only comparable to hatred. Glowing a fantastic purple her mouth opened but words didn’t escape.

“Hey, pinky!”

A voice rose from behind me as that blond-haired sprite appeared out of seemingly nowhere. She rushed in and tumbled the girl down to the ground causing her to release her spell on me.

The dragon rushed at me now. The world was still covered in darkness; this would be the strike that I need…

“Go to hell…”

 

I chanted before releasing a purple aura as I struck down. The beast grabbed hold of the wave creating a fantastic light of black hate and white glory combating.

“Furious! Retreat! Furious!”

Cries of the beast’s master filtered to no avail. The beast was trapped now as my aura grew stronger. The marvelous blacklight seared the streets as the beast cried it’s final wail. The world began to shake, mana burst from the ground as well as my body. All the pain and blood covering me disappeared as mana burst around me, leveling the small town.

There I stood at equilibrium again. No pain but less power.

“Noooo…….”

The exorcist cried, bruised, and wounded but still alive. She sat on the dirt.

“Why would you do that?”

I flew over to her and placed my blade to her neck.

“I’m going to kill you, annoyance.”

With no hesitation, I lifted my blade.

“No! I don’t want to die!”

Out from her mouth, a small object the size of a medical pill hit the ground. Suddenly, smoke covered my eyes, causing them to burn. My lungs seared like acid, flaring up the mana to spark in my body. But once the mist cleared the Holy Order member was nowhere to be found.

“Tsk.”

“Ouch!”

I turned with blurry vision to see that blond, Eve, being punched in the face. The pink-haired girl stood up and glared at me. She shook off the blood on her fist while our eyes still connected. But interestingly enough a smile enveloped on her face…one that marveled me.

“…”

Her mouth opened but no words came out. However, I could clearly read her lips.

“Until next time, bird.”

Just then she turned away and rushed off into the distance of the destroyed town.

“…I know her, don’t I?”

“Damn it, that bitch got me good!”

Eve cried as she stood up. Her lip still bloodied, she rushed over to me.

“Hey, I saved your life, didn’t I?”

Eve put her hands on her hips with that eerie smile still.

“No…I wasn’t in any danger of dying.”

She jolted back as if my words cut her deep.

“B-But that girl was holding you back from striking! That dragon could have wrecked you while you were in her trap.”

I scoffed to the side.

“It wouldn’t have mattered….”

Instead of explaining I chalked it up to a sharp groan and began walking away.

“Eh, hey where are you going?”

I turned around as my angelic wings restored to me. My fangs died down making my mouth humanistic again.

“That has nothing to do with you, human…”

I pointed my blade back at her.

“Oh, c’mon! I saved your life! You owe me, demon.”

“Again, you didn’t save me…”

“No need to be shy sparrow-head! All I ask is that you do me the favor I asked earlier.”

“Take you to Wails?”

She smiled with a sharp chuckle. I edged my blade back and replied.

“I have no intentions to bring you to my king.”

With that, I spun around and began marching once more. Regrettably, footsteps followed me.

“I’ll kill you if you follow me, human.”

“Then I’ll just keep coming back, demon.”

I scoffed again for the nth time today.

“What are you…Eve?”

I asked while not looking back.

“What do you mean? I’m as human as they come.”

“…But you can’t die?”

I turned back now. Eve shrugged her slender shoulders. That creepy smile wouldn’t leave her face.

“Guess not.”

“…”

A human who can’t die. I’ve never heard of anything like that…Just who the hell is she and why does she even want to…go to the End of Time?

“Do you regenerate, Eve?”

“Hm…”

She rubbed the blood still fresh on her lip.

“No, I don’t. It’s a little more complicated than that.”

“I see…”

Taking out my blade, I sliced her right leg in two. Eve cried out in agony as she fell to the ground.

“Son of a bitch!”

She rolled about, slamming her head into the dirt.

“Now that you’re immobilized, I’ll take my leave.”

“Hey bitch, I’ll be right back on your tail in like a minute! So… don’t go too far.”

“Do what you will.”

Eve cried in pain but what was daunting was her smile never faded. As if she were a doll that could only have one expression.

In the distance, I could hear the sprite groan and moan before suddenly a sharp cry pierced my ears. Finally, after a few minutes of traveling through the carnage settlement, her voice faded off.

“What a waste of my time.”

She wasn’t there so I didn’t care who else died in that settlement…

“I’ll…find her one day.”

18