Chapter 5: Hollow Eve
364 8 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello everyone! I would be grateful if you'd comment and/or like my chapters. It will help me indicate how received the story is so far. Thank you and have a great day!

 

 

-Hollow-

Left foot, right foot. Again, with this endless walking…again with this endless path to nowhere. There I stood as I reached grassland. My feet weren’t marching along anymore because the path to my destination was shrouded in doubt now. Then the words echoed from my mouth that I never wanted to utter.

“Will I…ever find her again?”

“Find who?”

There I turned around to see her…again. The blond sprite without a scratch on her. Even her clothing wasn’t damaged.

“How the hell?”

“I rolled my crippled body to a busted piece of wood and impaled myself.”

She winked as she approached me. Her dirty, grimy scent wafted in my nose.

“There are ways to kill yourself, you know?”

There I stood, facing a girl who just won’t die…as I search for one who is possibly dead. How long I’ve journeyed for her…for a Carla…

I searched the sky, the twilight beamed down at me. Is there a reason…why I can’t let her go?

“Wasn’t you with that group of people…the dancing ones?”

I glared back at Eve who began shaking her hips left and right.

“Oh, did you want a dance after all?”

“That’s not what I meant… don’t you have a family?”

Eve giggled.

“Those guys were fun but not family. I could care less if they died during all that chaos too.”

Eve nodded, then turned back to me.

“Listen, I’ve been looking for someone like you…and you’re my only hope, demon.”

“…Too bad then.”

My blade clicked on my hip urging me to move forward in the grassland. Not to my surprise Eve followed behind like a puppy.

“What about you, demon. Do you have any family?”

“Demons don’t have a family like humans. We are born from the rage of Wails or raged animals.”

Trying my best to keep her at a distance I hastened my footsteps.

“You don’t have anyone close to you?”

“No…”

“Then who were you looking for?”

My feet stopped as my claws began to extend. That’s when I reached my hand out and took her by the neck.

“…You don’t fear death, do you?”

“Why should I?”

Eve giggled manically. Her feet kicked back and forth as I raised her. No matter how many times I destroyed this girl…she wouldn’t break for good…

“World of Eon to demon! Hey, are you in...there? Are…you gonna let me go?”

Coming back to reality, I tossed her frail body to the dirt.

“Why…would you want to meet Wails?”

“Because like I said, I come for the sake of Wails.”

“…What does that even mean?”

Eve searched the twilight sky.

“Listen demon…this 700-year war between the gods has gone on long enough.”

With a nod, she looked back at me.

“Many humans have died…many demons have also been killed…”

She smiled while rubbing her neck.

“And nobody is even close to eradicating the other. It’s like our gods have given up on their humans and demons...us.”

My lips parted. The very mention of it seemed true. The world was spiraling in chaos and there was little left to be sought out for. But then Eve spoke up again, breaking my thoughts.

“I, for one, have no intention to stop it. Honestly, I could care less…”

She stood up now and squared up to me.

“But I have a duty…and you’re the one who could help me fulfill it.”

“Why me?”

“Because you’re not a normal demon. You’re a special Ruiner who can bring about the world with your own two hands.”

At her words, I searched my fingers.

“Wails blessed me with this power…during a blood moon.”

I then looked into her thunderous eyes…

Her words screamed ominously…

“So, are you willing to help me. Lie down your life for little ol’ me?”

“I have no reason to risk my life for a human..." 

I raised my hands into the sky as if grasping my new resolve. 

"However..."

Something in me needed answers...So I spoke to the heavens.

“I will single-handedly bring this world to ruins if it lines up with my ideals....”

My aches.

My pains.

Every fiber in me questioned…

Why was this bird given the power to ruin the world?

Why…must I suffer, Wails?

“Fine...”

Eve put her hands behind her head in seeming surprise.

“Hm?”

I reached out my hand to the persistent human.

 

 

 

“My name is Hollow. And I accept the task of taking you, Eve, to the End of Time.”

“The hell in which Wails resides.”

 

16