Park (6)
380 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Cindy tried to move her boyfriend to a more open-air area, she was suddenly reminded of her task for the day. She had been too preoccupied with Qin Xing’s condition that she had forgotten all about that. Thankfully, the girl was a fast thinker. Qin Xing provided her with the perfect excuse to draw Feng Qi apart from Jun Yang and Pei Ling.

Cindy turned to Feng Qi and pleaded, “Feng Qi, do you mind helping me move Qin Xing to the bench over there? I don’t think I’ll be able to carry him on my own.”

The plan worked like a charm. Feng Qi was not crude enough to reject a plea of help like that. He crossed his arm underneath Qin Xing’s and said, “Of course.”

As they moved towards the bench that was not far away, Qin Xing replied between his bouts of nausea, “Thanks, man.”

“Don’t mention it.”

Seeing them walk away, Jun Yang attempted to volunteer his help as well. However, he only managed to take his first step when he felt a tug on his sleeve. He turned back and saw Pei Ling, who told him, “Jun Yang, I have something important to talk to you.”

“But…” Jun Yang said while turning his head towards the other group which was wandering away. He used his body language to explain that perhaps the important thing could wait because their friend needed their help at the moment.

But it seemed Pei Ling was impervious to the hint because all she said was, “It’ll be fine. They have more than enough help from Feng Qi.” One could not argue with the girl’s assessment. Qin Xing was moving along smoothly with Feng Qi and Cindy holding him from either side.

“So, what is it that you wish to talk about?” Jun Yang said in an absent-minded manner.

Pei Ling noticed he kept turning his head to the other group. Even though he was half-ignoring her, she was touched to find out he cared so much about his friend who was feeling slightly under the weather. It matched the caring impression that she had of him from their childhood.

However, that impression was soon shattered. From their distance, Pei Ling noticed there was a brief exchange between Cindy and Feng Qi but it was too far for her to tell what it was about. Then, Feng Qi walked away from the couple.

It was then that Pei Ling also noticed Jun Yang turn his head to follow Feng Qi’s movement. So Jun Yang was not mindful of Qin Xing’s situation at all, he was actually looking at Feng Qi!

This discovery caused a burning sensation within Pei Ling’s heart and suddenly she lost all interest to converse with Jun Yang. With his face still turned away from her, Pei Ling said in a surprisingly unfeeling tone, “It’s nothing, Jun Yang. I’ll talk to you about it next time.”

“Oh… Okay, if you say so.” Jun Yang responded before adding, “Why don’t we go and join the rest to see how Qin Xing is recovering?”

“Sure.” Pei Ling and Jun Yang thus walked towards the couple. When they were close, they noticed that Qin Xing already looked much better after getting a little rest. At least some colors had returned to his face.

“How is Qin Xing doing?” Pei Ling asked Cindy. The young man felt good enough to answer on his own, “I’m doing much better, thanks for asking.”

“Where’s Feng Qi?” Jun Yang cut in to ask.

This time it was Cindy who provided the answer, “I asked for him to go buy some water for Qin Xing. He should be back soon…”

Then, Jun Yang felt a blast of chill on his left cheek. He turned and saw Feng Qi smiling mischievously with a can of cold soda stuck to Jun Yang’s face. “Miss me?” The young man said.

Jun Yang stammered while he yanked the can off his face, “No, no… Why would I? I was just curious about your location.”

“Oh, is it?” Feng Qi tossed the bottle of water he was holding towards Qin Xing. The latter caught it with his hand and he said, “Thanks, man.”

“Don’t sweat it.” Feng Qi then turned to inform Jun Yang, “That other can is for you.”

The fact that Feng Qi only bought two drinks was not lost on Pei Ling. The bottle of water he was ordered by Cindy to buy for Qin Xing so technically, he bought the can of soda for Jun Yang out of his own volition.

Probably feeling sorry that he had delayed the group’s plan, after taking a healthy gulp from the bottle of water, Qin Xing told the rest, “Why don’t you go on to enjoy the rest of your day at the theme park? I’ll be fine here alone.”

“Don’t be silly, we’ll be here to accompany you until you feel better,” Cindy was the first to jump in. But her boyfriend countered with an understanding smile, “I appreciate the concern, Cindy but we’re at a theme park. There’s no reason for the rest of the group to spend the rest of their day here just sitting and waiting around. It will such a waste of the ticket price.”

“But…” Cindy started to argue but Qin Xing cut her off, “Cindy, let’s not be selfish.”

Then, he turned to inform the rest, “Please, go ahead and enjoy the other attractions. I’ll catch up once I feel better.”

“In that case, let’s go have some fun,” Feng Qi said as he curled his arm around Jun Yang and started to pull the man away.

Seeing this, Cindy quickly tried to stop them lest she failed her mission, “Wait, Jun Yang…”

Before she could finish the rest of her sentence, Pei Ling interrupted her, “Cindy, it’s okay. Just let them go.”

Cindy paused. She wondered why Pei Ling suddenly changed her mind but since Pei Ling had said so, then so be it.

In the end, the two girls stayed behind with Qin Xing while the two boys wandered off to have their fun. [If you like my work, I would really appreciate a cup of joe as donation. Thank you. Donate here: ko-fi.com/lonelytree]

8