Play (16)
317 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jun Yang did not know what to anticipate but for some reason, the young man decided to close his eyes. It appeared as if he was lying in wait for something to happen.

One second passed, five seconds passed, ten seconds passed… Jun Yang’s heart was beating loudly and the nervousness was causing his body to shake all over.

Fifteen seconds passed… and still nothing happened. The nervousness in his heart was replaced by bafflement. With caution, Jun Yang slowly flicked his eyes open. Without him realizing, Feng Qi had taken a large step back. He was still standing close to JunYang, blocking his way, but he was no longer as close as he was before.

Jun Yang released a sigh that the young man did not even realize he was holding. Other than relief, there was an undercurrent of something else flowing under the surface. Jun Yang focused on identifying it and he was shocked to realize, it was the bitter taste of disappointment…

Reluctant to dwell on that discovery, Jun Yang trained his focus elsewhere. He looked up and realized Feng Qi was not just standing there. Instead, the young man had his head lowered and he was studying something which was in his arm.

Jun Yang took a closer look and was flabbergasted when he noticed Feng Qi was poring through his mobile phone.

‘So that was what Feng Qi was doing earlier when he leaned in super close, it was to retrieve the phone from my pocket.’ Jun Yang’s face burned when he learned of that truth. How could he not notice, not even a little bit that Feng Qi had his hands rummaging through his pants’ pockets? He must have been extremely distracted to not notice something as obvious at that. In that case, what was he distracted by… With the answer in his mind, Jun Yang felt both embarrassed and ashamed of himself.

To pull himself out of the funk, Jun Yang tried to take a look at what Feng Qi was doing. ‘What is so exciting about my phone that he had to take it away from me?’ Jun Yang grumbled internally as he stood on tip toe and tried to look over Feng Qi’s large hands at the screen of his phone, ‘He could have asked for it directly instead of doing all that. Hmmph.’

Feng Qi lifted his eyes off the phone in response to Jun Yang. Instead of explaining himself, Feng Qi reached into his own pocket to grab his phone and toss it to Jun Yang. “Here, take a close look at that and you’ll understand everything,” was everything he said before turning his focus back to Jun Yang’s phone.

Jun Yang caught the phone and he fumbled with it for a while before he managed to hold it tight. It was as if the young man had not come down from his earlier fluster. Thankfully, Feng Qi appeared to not be paying him any attention or the red on Jun Yang’s cheeks would have been brighter.

Feng Qi said he would know the truth after looking at his phone so that was what Jun Yang did. He studied the exterior of the phone carefully. It was honestly not that exciting, it was just a common phone. If Jun Yang had to pick out something different about it, it would have to be its model.

Feng Qi’s phone was outdated, the model came out at least half a year back and that could be seen as ages ago in the world of mobile telecommunication device where a new generation would appear every few months. Feng Qi used an affordable phone unlike the rest of his classmates, including Jun Yang, who had the most expensive and latest phone models. Of course, Jun Yang was not going to hold that against him, he knew the young man had no extra money to spend on luxury like that.

If the exterior of the phone held no clues, then Feng Qi must be talking about the content of the phone. After all, that was the same thing he was looking through Jun Yang’s phone.

Feng Qi’s phone was not locked and Jun Yang logged into it easily. Feng Qi had the default wallpaper and for a moment, Jun Yang did not know where to start. There were many things to explore, the messages, contact list, phone records, and which one was going to lead him to the truth.

Jun Yang stole a glance at Feng Qi, the latter looked so concentrated that Jun Yang did not want to disturb him. Jun Yang started with the messages. There were not much messages saved in Feng Qi’s phone. Some of them came from Miss M, informing Feng Qi about stuff related to work and others were spam.

With zero clues found, Jun Yang moved onto the contact list. The list was surprisingly short. Jun Yang realized Feng Qi did not have the contact number for most of their classmates. It did not take much time for Jun Yang to scroll through the entire list and when he was done, his face was squished together like he had noticed something weird.

Jun Yang went through the list again and yes, his suspicion was confirmed!

He was confused when he could not find his name among Feng Qi’s contact list, but he remembered seeing the number for someone called, ‘boyfriend’ at the top of the list. Jun Yang thus scrolled back up and managed to confirm the number for this ‘boyfriend’ was none other than his own.

So, Feng Qi had saved Jun Yang’s number as ‘boyfriend’ on his phone. Jun Yang rolled his eyes at the young man’s shamelessness. His first instinct was to edit the name but his fingers stopped, hanging over the buttons.

‘Perhaps it is not wise to change people’s stuff without their permission,’ Jun Yang thought. In the end, Jun Yang decided to let it be. He did not realize a bright smile was blooming on his face.

[If you like my work, I would really appreciate a cup of joe as donation. Thank you. Donate here: ko-fi.com/lonelytree]

6