Chapter 79
515 11 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Now that the story is about to end, do rate and review this novel.

Just one more chapter to go.

The Clam Larva activated its Skill, [Projection] and felt it connect to someone. Yet, who this someone was, the evolved Malfae could never be too sure. It knew objectively that the only person its Skill could connect to was the chambermaid. However, given the enormity of the secrets that it held within its heart, it dared not be even a bit careless.

Who?

A laugh echoed out from across the wall. “Don’t tell me that you have already forgotten me, little monster. Not when we have been having such a pleasant conversation these past months.”

The creature ignored the nonsense and simply projected its earlier thought again.

Who?

“Who am I?” The woman seemed to repeat the creature’s question. However, her voice was low and wistful, as if she was lost in thought. “Indeed, who am I?”

The Larva had no time for her wistfulness and reintegrated its intention. Though, its Skill [Projection] was no longer at the same Level as it had been previous to its evolution. It had been able to raise the Skill’s Level by 10 in less than 3 months when it had been literally dying. Then how could it be idle for the past 6 months?

Instead, it had worked with the beautiful mortal child, who under the strict gaze of his mother, had behaved and practised diligently. As a result, the creature’s Skill [Projection] had reached Level 20 and hit the Skill Level Limit for its current Vessel. At this high Level of the Skill, the creature had learned to lace its emotions into its intentions. Thus, instead of sending multiple intentions, the Larva laced an intention with its annoyance and irritation and projected it.

Who?

“Me? I? Who am I?” Larva’s anger laced intention seemed to have had little effect on the woman as she lost herself even deeper in the question. The woman’s voice seemed to become even slower as if she didn’t even know she was speaking. “I was once a prince. But if the kingdom that I was once a prince of no longer exists, then how am I a prince? Then…who am I?”

The creature twitched in irritation and its tail flailed. It had been ignored and instead of answering its question, the woman had begun talking about some nonsense about her past. What did her past have to do with now?

In its irritation and anger, the creature created another intention to project. This intention, the creature did not lace with annoyance, but rather with its anger and irritation. It made the intention aloud. If the creature had still been a Malfae, then this intention would have been akin to the Malfae’s screech.

WHO?!!

“Huh?” The creature intention did have some effect and roused the woman from her wistfulness. However, the effect was not exactly what it had wanted as the woman voice grew louder as she seemed to crawl closer to the wall and asked. “…who am I? I don’t know. …what even am I? I don’t know.”

The woman paused for a moment and her voice took on a strange tone. “Do you know who am I? Tell me? Do you?”

If the creature had been a mortal, it would have hit its head on the wall in anger but as it was an immortal, it did not have the patience for her nonsense and soul-searching conversations. Thus, the creature did what any immortal would have done in such a situation. It cancelled the Skill [Projection] and ignored the resulting wails and screams.

0.0

The ex-Malfae did not contact the woman in the cell next to its own, for the next week and instead, focused on working with the [Monster Tamer] and her son. With the majestic woman, it continued to practice associating vibrations that it sensed through [Sensor] with the words that the woman projected through [Projection].

It had been difficult when the creature had initially begun on this path but, as the Skill had levelled, it had only become easier. And after a diligent practice of over 6 months, [Sensor] had reached Level 20 to hit the Skill Level Limit. Thus, the creature wanted to give it a rest. But such an idea had been squashed quickly by the [Monster Tamer] and the Larva got the feeling that if it had still been a Malfae, the majestic woman would have squashed more than just ideas.

This was one of the aspects that the ex-Malfae liked about its evolution. The majestic woman could no longer easily crush its limbs or deliver physical punishment. This was simply because the Malfae was so tiny that harming it to such a degree without killing it had become difficult for the green-clad woman.

Though the Larva did not dare test her patience. For it was sure that if it came to it, the majestic woman would find a way to administer pain and punishment that she felt was justified. Thus, the Malfae silently continued to practice along with the woman and her son.

However, those were not the only Skills that the ex-Malfae had worked on in the past 6 months. After the breakthrough in [Mana Manipulation], the creature had continued to work on it and had been able to manipulate it, much like it would a limb. As a result, the creature had been able to successfully raise [Mana Manipulation] to Level 20, the Skill Level Limit.

Though, that did bring had the creature a new problem. Just how was it going to manipulate the Essence within the chambermaid?

0.0

The creature activated its Skill [Projection] and once again felt it connect to someone that it was mostly sure was the woman in the cell next to its own. However, this time, as the creature did not want a repeat of the last time, it refrained from wording its question like last time. Rather, the ex-Malfae laced its intention with the caution and demand of proof before it projected it at the woman.

Mortal?

“Huh?” The woman’s voice was confused. “Me?”

The creature’s tiny tail twitched in anger as it projected again.

Mortal?

There was no reply for a moment before the woman asked, “Do you want me to prove I am me?”

Yes.

The woman remained silent for a moment before she began laughing.

“Shall I spill your secret?” She asked as she chuckled. But then her voice turned to a whisper as she continued. “Your Skills?”

No.

The creature immediately projected as it laced the intention with the concept of understanding. It needed no further proofs. After all, only the woman knew of its secret Skills. As the woman laughed, the creature changed the topic and projected while it laced its intention with confusion.

Essence manipulate?

The question caused the woman’s laugh to come to an abrupt halt and the shuffling sound echoed out as the woman seemed to crawl rapidly to the wall separating them.

“You?” She asked in a low voice but the speed of its fast. “You can do it now?”

No.

The creature disagreed. It did not know how to. That had been the entire point of the previous projection. Was she too stupid to comprehend it or something? Since the creature was pretty sure that the answer to that question was yes, it decided to split its intentions.

How?

Manipulate how?

“Yes, yes. You wouldn’t know that yet, would you?” The woman’s speech was fast but the volume was low as if she was thinking to herself. “I have to teach you, yes. I have to.”

“Listen.” The woman’s voice suddenly became normal once again and she continued. “You have to force the mana out of your body while maintaining control over it. This is the spell [Mana Manipulation]. You must learn to wield it!”

The creature gelatinous body twitched and its tail flailed in irritation. Had the woman forgotten that she was dealing with an immortal? Immortals could not learn Spells.

Immortal.

Spells?

No.

“Of course, I know that!” The woman snapped. “You need to use the Spell without your Status registering it as your Spell. You need to make the mana move, as the Spell would make it, without the help of your Status.”

If the creature still had had eyes, they would have popped out in astonishment. ‘You can do such a thing?!’

“Of course, you can.” The woman scoffed. “Why do you think people who just have [Mana Manifestation] can cast Spells without [Mana Manipulation]? It is for the same reason!”

The Larva was shocked. It had never even considered such a possibility. Excited as it was from this discovery it prepared another intent and raced it with its own excitement and demand for the next step?

Next?

“When you have learned to control your mana outside your body,” the woman’s voice was amused, “you need to send your mana inside my body and manipulate my Essence.”

The creature, excited as it was at the possibility of casting a Spell, immediately decided to employ the woman’s advice and cast [Mana Manifestation] to appear within its mana system that always remained in flux. The creature moved the azure mana and the flux changed direction as it appeared to move.

Though despite its appearance, the flux didn’t flow, instead it moved like a spinning top when viewed from sideways. The fluxing mana moved and appeared out of its body, in an instant. However, at that moment, the creature received a notification-

Ting.

[Mastery of Spell detected. Race [Immortal] denies access to Spells. Access Denied.]

-and the fluxing mana that had appeared out of its body dissipated.

The Larva blinked at the notification before its tail flailed in anger at the wall that separated it from the woman and the creature projected intent laced with anger and confusion.

Can’t?

Spell?

Immortal.

Can’t?

“Do you think it would be easy to bypass the restriction set by the Status?” The woman mocked. “Keep trying.”

0.0

The following months passed as the seasons changed from the scorching summer to the refreshing monsoon. The Larva meanwhile continued to eat and practice along with the majestic woman and her son.

Although the creature’s Skills did not improve, due to it already being at its Skill Level Limit, the same was not the case with the beautiful boy that was its master. Being a mortal, Level-limit was not a concept that existed only barely for the boy. As his Level Limit was his Class Level, which the beautiful boy had been working on constantly under his mother’s stern gaze.

As a result, the boy had surpassed the creature in Skill [Projection], which sat at Level 23 for the boy; same as his Level. The creature’s own Level had hit Level 78, due to the meat of Tier 3 monsters that it had been constantly devouring.

However, its Level had not been its only achievement. The creature had finally learned to control its mana outside its body and although the notification continued to appear, it no longer distracted the creature enough that it lost control over its mana.

This did not raise the creature’s Skill Level. Nevertheless, the creature was sure that it would receive them when it evolved and raised its Skill Level Limit; much like how it had received 2 Skill Level ups for [Sense Essence] when it had evolved into its current Vessel.

0.0

The chambermaid’s heart raced and his breathing hastened as he manoeuvred his hand through the bars of his cell and into the bars of the cell next to his own. The [Transgender] waved his arm and felt around until his hand found the tub that housed the creature before the woman placed his palm into the cool seawater.

It took a few moments before he felt something tiny land on his skin. And at that moment, the chambermaid felt a sensation that he hadn’t felt in a long time. The sense of mana rushing through his body. However, this mana was not his own and could not be bent to his will. This mana was foreign and his entire being wanted to reject it with all its power. It was an invasion, a threat, an assault.

Yet, the woman did not react and let the mana invade. But, at that moment, the mana lost control and fizzled out. The chambermaid’s heart raced and he asked with a speech that was faster than most. “What happened? Why did it fail?”

Spell?

The monster’s intent was laced with confusion and wonder. ‘A new spell?...ah yes.’

“That would [Mana Invasion]. Worry not about it and try again.”

The mana rushed through his body once again. As the [Transgender] refused to resist, his body was invaded. The invasive mana reached the core of his self, his Essence.

“Careful. Careful.” The woman’s voice was low and slow. “Do not touch my Essence. Be careful of that. Just loosen the bindings.”

The woman waited as moments continued to pass. However, even after an hour, nothing changed.

“What happened?” The woman finally asked with a voice that just contained a barely restrained nervousness. “Can you not loosen the bindings?”

Constricted.

Numerous.

Overlapping.

The woman’s heart clenched as he received the monster’s numerous intents. Each of which was laced with only once a concept, strong.

“Break it then!” The woman made a decision. “Break the weakest link that you can find. Break it! Destroy it! Free me!”

The [Transgender] did not receive an answer but he didn’t need one as he felt his Essence shudder and gashes appeared on his body and leaked blood. “Careful!”

The creature perhaps heard his warning, or perhaps it didn’t, the chambermaid didn’t know, but the shuddering continued as his Essence was hit. Bruises lined his body and his tender skin cracked. At that moment, however, the [Transgender] laughed as he received a notification.

Ting.

[The Bindings on your Essence has weakened. MP Regeneration has been raised by 1.]

The woman began cackling as he jerked his hand back, causing the tiny monster to roll and fall back into the water of its tub. The tiny monster’s angry intents arrived but the woman cared not for any of them as he continued to laugh.

Streams of tears rolled down from his eyes that had long dried out and the heart that had been cold for so long, felt a touch of warmth once again. Yet, the [Transgender] continued to cackle. The woman didn’t know if what he felt at that moment was happiness or grief. He didn’t even know if he was laughing at that moment or crying. All he knew was that he could finally be free.

He would be free and nothing would stop him. All he needed now was time, time to Regenerate his mana to its full capacity.

0.0

Time marched once again as the monsoon died down and the chill of the autumn invaded the land. The leaves began to change colours as three weeks passed. In these three weeks, the [Transgender] contacted not once the creature that was the reason for his impending freedom. After all, why would he? He had already paid in more than full.

However, as the [Transgender] refused to contact the creature, the creature too maintained its distance and projected not once to the woman. The silence continued to stretch. Meanwhile, their lives continued to move on.

The creature worked on Levelling up the mortal boy’s Skill as it continued to devour the flesh of Tier 3 monsters, reaching Level 85. While the chambermaid continued to be used by the person who had paid for her more than the most, Kiran.

0.0

The soft light of the white moon filtered through the windows and into the long corridor, alighting it up with an almost ethereal glow. The sound of footsteps echoed in the silent corridor like a man with hair as long as he was tall, marched on. His long black hair almost touched the ground and the black robes meshed into his dark skin. His long beard came to his chest and moved with the power of each step.

The man was Kiran. The [Shishya] that fell.

The footsteps came to halt for a moment before they entered the cell in which a woman laid on a raised platform with not a single cloth covering her modesty. Bruises and bloodstains marked her flesh. Stains of dried bodily fluids flaked off of her skin while bite marks were littered on her face and lips. Yet, there was a strange smile on her lips. Even her eyes that had been dull and crazed for a long time, contained giddiness.

The woman was Mrig Trishna. The [Transgender].

“I have been waiting.” The woman’s slow voice echoed out as the chambermaid’s spread open his arms, inviting the black-clad man. “Come to me.”

The man’s footsteps stopped and his bloodshot eyes grew wide. However, it lasted for but a moment before he raced forward and grabbed the woman by the hair. He pulled the naked woman up and slammed the chambermaid into the wall.

The dark-skinned man’s face twisted, his nose flared and lips pulled back to reveal yellowed teeth. “What are you playing at?!” He snarled and spit flew out of his mouth before landing on the woman’s face

“I simply wish to see,” the chambermaid answered as he ignored the pain and the abuse as simply smiled, “the passion within you that burns.”

The man slapped the woman but the chambermaid ignored the sting and wrapped his arms around the black-clad man’s torso.

“[Mana-” The dark-skinned man’s hands clasped the woman’s arms. He tried to free himself from the woman’s grasp when he heard the word spoken by the woman and felt the rush of mana. He tried to push the woman away but it was already too late. “-Manifestation].”

A fire erupted from the pores on the woman’s body but harmed not a single hair on the [Transgender]’s body. Her pores remained open and breathed out a fire that wished to devour the world itself. The heat of the fire caused Kiran to flinch and scream. He pushed the woman away but it was already too late as the flames enveloped Kiran and began to burn him alive.

Agony and physical pain, unlike nothing Kiran had ever imagined assaulted his senses and his throat vibrated by the power of screams that escaped his lips. The entire prison resonated with the screams of terror of a burning man as the flesh on Kiran’s body burned and cracked.

His hair and clothes turned to ashes, filling the cell with the pungent smell of the cooking mortal flesh. While his eyes swelled before they popped and vomited their hot ooze everywhere.

The naked woman stepped back and observed the burning man, with the music of screams and a feast of cooking mortal flesh. The [Transgender]’s gaze was that of an artist measuring their masterpiece with satisfaction. A small smile played at the woman’s lips as the light of the flames reflected on her naked skin, giving her an unearthly bronze glow.

A rush of footsteps raced in as Kiran continued to scream and the woman continued to watch. Servants and guards arrived, only to watch with wide eyes as a man burned down before their eyes, alive. The screams and the shrieks and the pure agony were released by the burning man. It paralysed the rescuers, and they watched in shocked horror.

“Call the [Healer]!” Someone called and the spell was broken as the group rushed to help the burning man. However, the man that burned was within a cell; a cell that they couldn’t enter.

“Call the [Ward Smith]!”

“Call the [Ship Captain]!”

“Call the [Monster Tamer]!”

Call this.

Call that.

Call someone.

Call anyone.

Cries echoed out as the mortals rushed about, however, it was all for naught. As at that moment, the screams died down suddenly and the burning man fell. Dead but burning. His blackened and smouldering flesh continued to emit an orange glow that continued to alight the woman who gazed at the burning corpse with a small smile of satisfaction.

After all, what had been burning him, hadn't been any ordinary fire but the mana that the [Transgender] had converted to fire. It was a feat that he had learned when he had reached Tier 2 in the Skill [Mana Manifestation]. And now, although the Levels had been lost, the ability to do the same continued to exist.

Footsteps continued to echo as more and more people rushed in. More guards came. More servants came. And even those that belong to the second Tier came and saw the naked woman smiling at the burning corpse.

They shouted. They screamed. But they could do little else but watch. As they continued to watch, even more people came. More servants. More guards. More second Tiers. And finally, the Third Tiered mortal came in the form of [Monster Tamer].

“Now that you are here,” The [Transgender] looked up to match the gaze of the [Monster Tamer], “Merchant of Malice. Come.”

The [Monster Tamer]’s eyes widened in terror as a card emerged out of the naked woman within the cell. The face of the card was white. It was not just white but white. And within this white was a blood-red hibiscus whose filament fell out like a bloodthirsty tongue. The card flipped to reveal the other side which was white, not white. Within this white was an azure figure of a man bound with his arms and limbs bent at angles weird and unnatural.

-X-

Within a desolate desert, inside a dilapidated shop, on a simple chair, a youth that had always seemingly slept, opened his eyes.

-X-

If you wish to support the story, you can do so on Patreon.

Do rate and review this novel.

My heartfelt thanks to True Soul: roxurio10003, Pykimon. Caterpillar ImmortalsAVDolph and the Malfae Immortal, RichWalrus, Arterion and Grissly1000, Kade Atkinson for supporting the story on Patreon. Thank you all of you for supporting the novel!

19