Chapter 11: The Dragons and the Hyena
5 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Year 2030, June 28th, 10:35,

The building of Fortune bank stands tall in the busy city of Genotopia, decorated with gold and silver. Alex was running to the 2nd floor in search of his sister but he halted. The 3 suspicious men wanted his sister. Alex was frozen in his place confused, frustrated and angered. He took control of himself and was again starting to search for Shylia. But to his surprise she was there, right in front of him.

Alex shouted, "Shy! Don't go down there, it's a trap."

Shy replied, "Wha-" 

Just as Shy was about to speak another announcement was made, "If she does not come down in 5 minutes we might need to resort to violence."

Shylia said, "Alex...move, I need to go."

Alex without moving an inch said, "I won't let you go, no matter what."

Shy calmly said, "Alex...trust me I'll be fine."

Alex shouted back, "No you won’t! You don't even know who they are. They are from the largest gang, Ryukuro."

Shy sighed and replied, "I know exactly who they are and that is why I need to go."

Shy pushed him aside and headed downstairs, Alex shouted from behind, "Wait!" He clenched his fist. Shy did not stop, she headed straight down to the reception.

Shy with a smile said, "Yes sir what do you need here at Fortune Banks?"

A person from the gang who looked like he was the leader of the bunch had a golden chain hanging from his neck and his hair was spiked up, he was neither too buff nor too thin, he was the one who called for Shylia. He said, "So you are Shylia?"

The other guy confirmed with his APW that it is Shylia herself and said, "Yes boss it is her."

The Boss: "Okay good. Now miss, would you be so kind as to come with us?"

Shylia: "I'm sorry sir, it's time for my shift now. I cannot leave my job right now."

The boss: "Sorry, I phrased that as a question” his eyes grew more stern and his voice more harsh “it’s an order.”

The boss gestured to his underling to take her by force. The underling was going to apprehend when a knife came flying and pierced right in his neck and he dropped down.

The crowd was panicking, trying to get outside, making the whole place a mess.

The boss was looking around for the one who threw the knife but he couldn't see anyone. Alex quickly came down after he threw the knife sneaking in between the crowd. He approached the boss cautiously and was ready to take him down, he took out his Kyro-502. 

The boss took out his shotgun, a PKD- raptor and shot the ceiling and shouted, "Settle down everyone! Stand in your place and do not move an inch or we will not hesitate to shoot. Kaija, his underling, moved forward with his rifle SAR-20.

The crowd stopped at their places, Alex missed his opportunity and stood there as a hostage hiding his gun. He couldn't do anything since someone might die if he made any rash decisions. In frustration he clenched his fist.

The underling quickly ran over to the boss and whispered, "Sir he's here, he's right there.",pointing at Alex. The boss moved forward and said, "Well well well, Alex you finally revealed yourself. I’m rather surprised, I was expecting to search for you, but you came to me yourself."

Alex turned around and started walking slowly towards the boss, hiding his gun in his pocket. His face was expressionless, the textbook definition of a poker face.

The boss laughed in excitement and said, "I do admit I’m a little disappointed, I was expecting a more interesting series of events. Prepare to meet your end." ,  aiming his shotgun at Alex's head. 

Alex took out his gun and threw it away. Everyone was shocked and amused. The boss laughed again and said, "Haha poor boy already lost hope huh?" to which Alex replied with a smirk, "I can't beat the shit out of you if I just kill you with a gun."

The boss was enraged and took a shot at Alex which he dodged swiftly and ran towards Kaija, while being shot by him. Alex took out a throwing knife and threw it at Kaija, Kajia’s body dropped to the ground, a thud sound vibrated through the floor, Kaija was dead. The boss was ready for his next shot but instead of shooting Alex he aimed his gun at Shylia. Her eyes widened in fear, this was it for her. 

In rage Alex screamed, "Don't do it! Don't fucking do it! Your goal was me from the beginning wasn't it?!"

He started moving closer, throwing away his knives which scattered all over and putting his hands up, "You want to kill me. Leave my sister alone."

The boss smiled and said, "Bravo what bravery, or is this stupidity? Either way this simply makes the job easier for me."

Alex kneeled down, he was embarrassed, frustrated that he couldn’t find a better and more secure way to save his sister and scared that his death loomed over him. “I accept death with open arms, just spare my sister."

The boss pointed his gun at Alex's head, putting his finger on the trigger. Any moment Alex could end up dead. Alex accepted the truth, these were his last moments. The boss was just about to pull the trigger when suddenly, something unexpected happened.

Out of nowhere, Shylia stabbed the boss's right leg with one of the knives Alex threw away. He screamed in agony. Alex shook his head and got back to his senses and sweeped the boss off with a kick. He fell down on the ground dropping his shotgun which was now at Alex's feet.

Alex kicked away the shotgun and said, "Didn't I tell you? I don-WE don’t need a gun to kill you." Looking down at the pathetic sight of the boss. He grabbed his collar and pulled him up and kicked him in his gut with his knee. "Who sent you here?" The boss did not reply. He grabbed his throat and punched him in the gut again. "The next time I'll be crushing your skull." The boss coughed blood and said, "Go on try bitch! They're already here." 

Shylia said, "Alex...don't do it.. We need to leave" , Alex didn't listen and smashed his head on the reception desk and kept smashing, blood splattering all over. Shylia stood there silent, It was a side of Alex she never saw before. He wasn't the old funny, cheerful and laidback Alex, he looked like a completely different person, his clothes drenched in blood, his rage radiating from him was nothing like the old Alex. Shylia hugged him from behind and said, "It's ok.. you can stop. I'm fine." Alex calmed down a bit letting out a sigh and said, "What now? There must be more pursuers outside."

Shylia responded, "Follow me, I know a way out." They moved outside the bank through the backdoor into a narrow alley. "If we follow this alley to the end point it'll lead us to an abandoned underground subway station. After entering the station there's an emergency exit around the west side which leads to a safe tunnel which will get us to a bar named hell's paradise. We can stay there for a while, if the owner is there that is." explained Shy. Alex, quite shocked about all this said, "How do you know all this?" Shylia replied, "You think I don't get bored at the bank reception ever?"  Alex shrugged and they kept moving.

At Bohaty, 

Ricky, surprised and confused, asked curiously, "Wait wait if you know me then did you already regain your memories? You knew about us from the beginning?"

Osa let out a sigh and said, "Yes, I did regain my memories somewhat and so did Rami. But then....."

Sammy scoffs, "No no, why did you stop? I'm waiting for you to get to the part why you decided to send killer bots at us."

Osa replied, "Look.... I did not want to meet anyone right now-"

Sammy cuts in, "Oh yeah... So that's why you decided to kill us?"

Osa raised his voice, "Let me finish goddammit!"

Sammy didn't say a word.

Osa, "I was not in a state to meet anyone so I told the bots to intimidate you a bit but there was a malfunction."

Farrah, angry at Osa, "You should've called me! Do you even know how worried I was?"

Osa apologized, "Sorry Farrah."

"And how come you were so careless? It's nothing like you? We almost died you know!", said Farrah while moving closer to Osa and hugged him, "It's gonna be fine now, don't worry stupid."

Ricky: "Ah I understand you both are having a moment but I still have several questions."

Sammy: "Hey but before that can we at least go somewhere else, I'm tired as fuck."

Osa: "We could use the private banquet."

Ricky raised an eyebrow in shock, "What the fuck you have a personal banquet in your mansion?"

Farrah replied with a smug look, "Hehe yeah it's underground and it's my favourite, you'll see."

They proceed to move underground by an elevator. The sight of the banquet was elegant, red and white carpet leading to the grand table. Everything was shining like gold, there were even arcade games by the sides. If Osa wanted he could turn the banquet into an indoor basketball court as well. It looked like something out of a movie. 

Ricky in awe said, "Holy shit dude! This is so cool, You even got a seperate section for gaming damn."

Farrah proudly said, "Hehe see I told you."

Sammy spoke in a serious tone, "That’s cool and all but we didn’t come here to have fun..."

Ricky, "True true, ok then let's get to it."

They sat down on a smaller table.

Osa: "So let's reintroduce each other first."

Farrah: "Alright I'll start then, I'm Farrah, of course. I'm Osa's girlfriend."

Ricky: "Yeah no wonder. I'm Ricky, I'm a childhood friend of Osa's, met him during 7th grade. Ah good times."

Sammy: "And I am Sam, Ricky's friend. We go to work together."

Ricky: "And I suppose we don't need any introductions from Osa himself."

Sammy: "Well then let's get to the real part."

Ricky: "So Osa, how did you get your memories back?"

Osa: "To tell you the truth I don't even know. I kept getting these dreams of my close ones getting hurt, to the point that it felt so real. But when I woke up it was as if I didn't feel anything. I was just laying there like an empty shell. Then my memories came back to me one by one, it's still a bit fuzzy but it's almost clear."

Ricky: "Why didn't you contact me then? What happened to Rami?"

Osa: "I didn't know if I wanted to face my past...I had everything I wanted right now. Look don't get it wrong, I still wanted to talk with you but...I just didn't have much courage so I kept silent. Soon after a few days Rami got back her memory somehow and told me everything and she wanted to meet you guys but I refused and we had quite a big argument and told her everything which went wrong in the past, she freaked out and locked herself in her room for a day. On the third day I was about to go check up on her but it was already too late....she left. I just didn't want her to get in trouble again." 

Ricky: "Wait...when did she leave her house?"

Osa: "Two days ago, 26th June."

Ricky put his hand on his head and drooped down with a disappointed face.

Sammy: "Hey dude what's wrong?"

Ricky: "I knew it! I knew it was her that day."

Osa: "Huh? What do you mean? You met her?"

Ricky: "Yes...she ran past me. I tried to call her but she already ran away."

Osa slammed the table with his closed fist in frustration, "Goddammit..."

Farrah comforted him by patting him on his back, "It's fine we'll find her don't worry."

Sammy: "So uhh what do we do now then?"

At Hell's Paradise bar,

Shylia knocked on the door and said, "Angels need some demons too."

Alex mocks Shy, "Angel? I don't see any."

Shylia hit Alex with her elbow while telling him to shut up.

The neon lit gate of the bar slowly opened, standing on the otherside was a well dressed butler. Inside the bar looked very classy, every table was clean and shining. A bunch of oddly dressed men were sitting on a table they seemed a bit out of place, glaring at Alex and Shylia.

Alex whispered to Shy, "Hey are you sure this is the right place? These weird guys are staring at me as if they want me dead already."

Shylia sighed and replied, "I wonder why." while pointing at his blood soaked clothes.

A young redhead man entered. He wore a black biker jacket, with several chains and dogtags hanging down from his neck and a silver red checkered headband on his forehead. He smiled and called out for Shy, "Heyy angel~ How ya doin'?"

Alex laughs while covering his mouth, "Pfft Angel."

Shy replied, "Oh hi Lucifer thank god you're here, we need to talk."

Lucifer, "Oh yeah sure sure~ wait...who's this guy and why is he soaked in blood?"

Alex was just about to speak, "Hey pu-" when Shy cut him off and said, "Uh yeah he's my brother Alex, don't mind him. Can we go to the office?"

Lucifer said, "Ohh sure follow me~"

Alex whispers to Shy, "You sure this guy is the owner of this place? He looks like a street punk to me."

Shy in response, "Shut up will you."

One of the men from the odd bunch gestured Lucifer with his eyes to which he nodded his head.

 Lucifer entered his office with the siblings,

Lucifer: "Please have a seat."

Shy told him all about what happened at the bank.

Lucifer: "Oh I see…so some punks are trying to kill you both?"

Alex: "Not just any regular punks, It's the Ryukuro gang."

Lucifer: "Oh, them...” Lucifer’s eyes widened. “Yeah, not good."

Shy: "So then we ran here hoping for a safe shelter."

Lucifer: "Heh you sure came to the right place. Don't worry you'll be completely safe here."

Shy: "Thanks Lu, I can't thank you enough."

Lucifer: "Oh don't worry about it~ It's my pleasure."

Alex whispered, "Lu? Really? Couldn't come up with a good nickname?"

Shy ignored him.

Lucifer: "So do you guys want some drinks or anything?"

Shy: "Just water will be fine."

Alex: "Bring a glass of pepsi for me."

Lucifer: "You don't want any cocktails today my angel?"

Shy: "Ah no, thank you but I don't wanna get drunk this early."

Lucifer: "Sure thing hold on lemme get it for you."

Lucifer exited the office to get some drinks for both of them.

Alex: "Damn so you have a punk bar owner as your boyfriend now?"

Shy ignored the question and said, "I need some answers myself first."

Alex: "Oh yeah right, so what I think is someone is probably hunting us with the help of the Ryukuro thugs."

Shy: "But why? And why are you back?"

Alex: "Do you want to know about it now or...do you want to meet Ricky first."

Shy: "Ricky.... you mean..."

Shy's head started to hurt a bit and she felt dizzy. Lucifer came in and quickly rushed to aid Shy.

Shy softly and breathing heavily, "I'm fine thanks...just pass me some water."

Lucifer passed her the water and asked Alex, "What happened to her? What did you do?"

Shy said, "It's fine... don't worry... anyways could you just let us borrow your hoverbike?"

Lucifer asked curiously, "Huh why? You'll be safe here..."

Shylia replied, "I need to meet someone... it's really important."

Lucifer, "Fine wait I'll get you the key but do not get out. Don’t even open the door at all!"

Alex grew suspicious,"You're working with them too aren't you?" 

Shy tries to stop Alex, "Alex.....please stop..."

Lucifer smiles awkwardly and hesitates, "W-What do you mean?"

Alex confidently, "Come on now the act's already over. I knew something was wrong from the beginning."

Lucifer let out a sigh and apologized, "I'm sorry they were threatening everything I had left...but I can't let them do any harm to you either. They said they'll let you off if they get this military guy."

Shylia's eyes widened and she got up in rage almost tripping. Thankfully Alex caught her before she fell.

Lucifer was about to speak when the odd bunch burst in the room. They wore neon red sleeveless jackets with black patterns all over and a prominent claw scratch at their back. One of them said, "Your time is up Lucifer. Hand your guests over to us!" while the other two aimed at them. He had a blonde mohawk and had piercings on his face. He laughed maniacally and had a crazy look on his face... almost like a hyena seeing it's half dead prey. 

Alex to himself, "Shit they're from the Black Claw, so Ryukuro isn't the only gang hunting us!"

Lucifer said, "Hey Hyena! You said you'll only take the guy. You said you'd let Shylia go."

Hyena laughed and said, "I don't really remember such a deal. Now move or do you want me to splatter your brains out?"

Lucifer moved away and clenched his fist in frustration. 

Hyena moved forward and grabbed the now weak Shylia and softly scratched her cheek with his knife not cutting too deep. "Hey no one told me that my prey today is such a beauty." He said.

"Get your....filthy hands off me bitch." Shy responded.

Hyena said while laughing, "Ooh she got a foul mouth too"

Alex was just about to attack Hyena but Lucifer attacked first stabbing Hyena in the back. Hyena grunted and tried kicking Lucifer off.  Alex swiftly took this opportunity to disarm Hyena's goons.

Lucifer while trying to apprehend Hyena, "Hey Alex! Take the key from the reception desk outside and go!"

Hyena elbowed Lucifer in the gut but he didn't let go. "Hahaha this is fun."  He said while he took out the knife he was stabbed with and slashed Lucifer's wrist forcing him to let go but Lucifer grabbed him and started choking him with his arm.

Alex: "Come on Shy, let's go! This is the chance!"

Shy: "But...Lucifer...."

Alex: "Ugh he did this for you! Do you want to let that go in vain too?"

They rushed out of the office and started searching for the key.

Shy found the key, "I found it, here" and threw it to Alex.

Alex caught the key barely when Hyena came out of the room breathing heavily, blood was spilling out all over from his back, stained with the colour red, even despite this, he was still laughing.

Alex shouted, "Oh shit! Shy hurry up Hyena's out!"

He also tried shooting him with one of the guns he got from Hyena's goons but it missed though it was enough to distract him for a second. At that moment Lucifer jumped at Hyena from behind smashing his back. He was heavily wounded too with stabs, cuts and bruises all over. Lucifer screamed, "GO! HURRY! GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!"

Alex and Shy hurried outside. Alex sat on the hoverbike, Shylia looked back at Hell's Paradise as she knew this was probably the last she's going to see of it and Lucifer. Water filled her eyes, as she froze for a second but Alex shouted from behind, "HEY! ARE YOU COMING OR NOT!" to which Shy replied in a tone of sadness and bitterness, "Yeah... let's go..." She closed her eyes, as her tears dripped down her face. 

At Osayed's mansion,

Ricky and Sammy were checking out the banquet while Farrah was comforting Osayed. Ratch's alarms went off as he started moving around, "Emergency! Emergency! Message from Master Agazed!"

Ricky reached to the small bot and said, "Go on, tell me the message."

Ratch played the message from Agazed in a slightly less distorted voice, "Greetings Ricky. I see you’ve got almost the whole team together, but I have bad news for you. You and Sam are now wanted for killing Sergeant Danny. All of the authorities are now hunting you down. You must get out of Genotopia immediately!"

1