Chapter 5: Five Adventurers and First Order
366 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Spoiler

Races and Classes are based on DnD Beyond within the Adventurer Tech Tree. But there are a few others that will be added, as the classes become more advanced or are just researched 

[collapse]

(Jasmine POV)

I as I woke up, god damn what did she do to me?

A hear the clashing of weapons... and as I look up there was someone looking at me... It was a person she was tall but something was off.

After a few moments I could tell the person was a she, from feet to head... she was wearing knee high boots with stockings going up to her thighs and her shorts covered the rest of her thighs. Her shirt had long-sleeves and had a pair of gloves...

She had a sword on her hip and a bow was unslung, and her quiver with a two dozen arrows...

"Who?" I asked...

She spoke but I couldn't understand her... I sounded similar to Mistress and that thing with the whip... what was it? Common...

We both tilt our heads in clear confusion... and then I see it... her ears are longer.

Looking past her and saw five others...

There was... Mistress... whatever she was fighting another person the guy she was fighting was nearly 6,7 and in full chainmail and had a sword and shield combo.

Two others were watching, one was in a white robes and hood, she had a staff with a simple of unknown meaning... she was the only Human. The other was wearing a black hood and he was playing with some knives... his skin was purple and eyebrows went further then his head...

The last person was at a table I didn't know was here and he was taking apart one of our handguns...

"Mistress..." I felt wrong to say that... but what was I meant to call her? "Who are these people?" I felt that only one was human... the rest gave off a alien vibe to them... alongside that they wouldn't help me.

Within three rapid strikes she pushed her opponent into the ground and he gave up... looking closer at his face... all I could really think was pig like, his mouth had a pair of teeth jutting out of his lower lip... 

"You finally awake." She looks at me, "Are you talking about these five?" She gestures around herself.

I nodded.

(POV Change Julie)

"Well they my pet are Adventurers." She stares blankly at me, the gears were turning over in her head... her left eye was cat like while her right was human...

"What?" She blurted.

"Boss who is she?" Luke the party's Rogue asked me as he was checking the knives I had given him, alongside normal Rogue attire well he came with it.

"A captured enemy." I told him, he and the rest nodded grimly, they all knew the fate of a captured enemy is grim, especially from a Dungeon...

I help the half-orc Barbarian I was sparing with getting him back to his feet, Rok would make him rather good in melee. His left arm was hanging limply from my strikes.

"Healer." He called in his guttural growl.

The Healer girl, Oka came over and her hands glowed alongside the head of her staff, as she held the Barbarian's arm and slowly but surely the wound was healed.

I walked over to Jasmine who seemed to have regained her senses to a point. Said point is unknown.

She was looking around the legs of the Elf Archer Gwyn, she had taken great interest in Jasmine mainly about her outfit since she was still wearing her Navigators jumpsuit...

As I sat down on my throne I felt someone rubbing against my arm... looking down Jasmine was giving me a conflicted look about what she had done.

"So boss." Luke says, he so far has been 'too the point' kind of person, "Whos the enemy?" Even though they are creations of the Dungeon they are fully aware of that fact.

"We have two enemies, I am only truly aware of one of their capabilities." As I say this the Dwarf, Duran looks over and takes out some pieces of parchment along with a feather and ink.

I continue and place my arm in-front of Jasmine's view, I wanted to see what she would do. Anyway, "The one I know best is the Terran Federation and the other I know very little about goes by the name 'Arcadian People's Religious Revolution' or APRR for short. I'll start with what I know in regards to the APRR the group to my knowledge is mostly comprised of well... militiamen with a few true army personnel, and that is all I really know and I haven't found any of them nearby." I pause as I feel Jasmine trying to rub her head against my hand.

"And this Terran... Federation?" Rok asks.

"That I know more, their army is roughly a few Billion but present here just on or near Arcadia in about a few million the point of the numbers was to be nearly twice or triple over the APRR in manpower. But about two kilometers away to the entrance is a field base and I have a hunch that they are making a port which would allow them to bring said million men down to fight, and we have an issue."

"That being?" Oka asked concerned.

"A Prestigious Unit is in play, and before you ask what that means think of units on the same level of Royal Human Guards mixed with the ranged abilities comparable to Elven Huntresses and in some cases the stubbornness of Dwarven or even Orc Honor Guards."

What I had described to them was the worst thing ever, the Royal Guards of the Human nations were in the high 90s or even low 130s just in melee only and having dozens of melee skills so they can use any melee weapons, but it's their discipline that I am referring too.

The Elven Huntresses are the opposite to the Royal Guards and focused heavily into their bow skills and levels but they weren't slouches in melee, but even a Warrior half their own levels can kill them if said Warrior got within a kilometer of the Huntress.

And the last part was just to say that they will die to the last, while the other two would fight like hell they had a breaking point, but Dwarven and Orc Honor Guard take a blood oath to only give up after their mind, soul and body is destroyed. In any other word they will not break, will not run they will die before ever backing down.

The party stares at me, they all know what I am saying is rather insane, but one quick look at the weapon the Artificer was all they needed to believe me...

"What's the plan incase they attack?" Gwyn asks, as her party mates seems to have stalled.

"Simple we get into melee, while I did use Royal Guards... they themselves haven't really invested into melee training outside of a specific few that can. The Unit goes be the name 'South Asian Guard' made up of at least two or three campaigners with any of it's men and the first company maybe having five or six under their belts. But that is only during training and only with their knives the same ones you Luke have, but theirs can be put at the ends of their weapons making spears... but most of there fighting revolves around the idea that they are fighting with the same weapons."

Rok takes this and asks, "So they will flounder when facing trained soldiers in melee?"

"Yes and no, it would depend on the person... but generally yes."

Although I was in the Aerospace Forces of the Federation but it doesn't mean we didn't watch them train in the hangers and so we had plenty of time to watch them.

I look to my left and found that Jasmine was looking at me curiously both of her eyes were Human... "Mistress... why do we have to kill or fight our people?"

That is a fair question with a simple mistake they aren't my people nor could I care, if they don't come the fine I would hunt them... well more like I would ambush isolated units. I will not be trapped again.

"My Pet." I start, she shivers my tone even making Oka take a step back... "What makes you think there is a WE?"  

Jasmine started stuttering. "W-We are both apart of the Terran Aerospace Forces? Yo-You talk as if... we aren't even the same race? What happened?"

"One. We were apart of the Terran Aerospace Forces, I am now a Master of a Dungeon and you are my Pet. Two weren't the same race, I am a Dungeon Master." I rose and loomed over her... she shrunk back, the Adventurers backed away from me...

"I. Am. No. Longer. Human. I am a Dungeon Master, Understood PET?!" I placed my foot on her collar bone.

"What but yo- hUch." As she tried to speak I pulled my foot back and kicked down hard on her collar bone, I felt the bone crack under my foot...

She was sent a foot back she held were I had kicked... her breathing was ragged and she was coughing up blood.

"Oka." I say in a commanding voice and point at my Pet. Oka was trembling, "Heal my Pet or..." I say and leave the threat unsaid.

She rushed over to my Pet and started healing her...

What I had noticed was that my Adventurers are just like those that have invaded but have a Loyalty to me but other wise are not any different...

While Oka was healing my Pet, I reopened thee "Adventurer System" as I had dubbed it and looked over my first party.

This system was overly complicated... Mother please fix... 

The system boiled down to, What person you wanted to make. Then do shit like Race, Class so on like any RPG Character Creator, but it was closer to say it was a form of torture with a spread sheet simulator...

But with the help of Erika we had make a parchment version...

[Adventurer System]

First Party; Finest Drunkards' 

Spoiler

Name; Duran

Race; Dwarf

Party Role; Leader, Melee Damage

Class; Warrior

View on You; Unsure hasn't been around you long enough

.

Name; Gwyn

Race; High-Elf

Party Role; Ranged Damage

Class; Archer

View on You; Interested on the knowledge you hold

.

Name; Rok

Race; Half-Orc-Human

Party Role; Melee Damage

Class; Barbarian

View on You; Good fighter, Honorable too

.

Name; Luke

Race; Half-Tiefling-Human

Party Role; Stealth, Melee Damage

Class; Rogue

View on You; Loves the new knifes that you have given him

.

Name; Oka

Race; Human

Party Role; Healer

Class; Healer

View on You; Fearful of your wrath, yet want to help

[collapse]

/Create new Party?/

/Close?/

This parchment is linked to the actual system meant for making these adventurers so I all have to do is write down what I want... like if I write "Create new Party" then an empty part of the parchment will become available for my needs and so on...

As I was going over the "Finest Drunkards" looking around the party had moved away from me...

"You all are dismissed, and Jasmine?" I told them and then called Jasmine's name, she had been fully healed scooted back from me, "Just because I knew you, worked with you and I couldn't care about if you are Human. Now Jasmine, here is your first of many orders, If I remember... Jasmine, you are to stay by my side and help me fight every invader. Understood?"

Her eyes changed an instant to that of a cat but her look was empty along side her face, she had a blank expression. "Yes... Mistress... I... Understand." She was struggling and was fighting with herself, but her monotone was rather nice, it will be sometime before she would do what I ordered without even realizing it.

"Good." I beam a smile that catches everyone off.

"MISTRESS!" I hear someone yelling down the hall to the entrance, "Mistress." Erika rushes into the room and fly straight to me.

"Report." I had ordered her to leave the Dungeon and track any people that was heading my way, but I have never seen her this panicked before. "What happened?"

"I don't know... there was 13 of them but one had this thingy," She gestures and makes an image from her mana and memories, the thing she was showing was a better version of a radiation scanner... the device was back mounted but it had two armrest style of things that the operator could manipulate, one gave general scans while the other was more flexible and give far better/detail information. "That thing... when I got close it... I don't know, the man's arm started following me and everyone of them started following his arm. So I panicked... I was scared for my life. They wouldn't know the rules right?"

I comforted the Fairy, no would why she was scared... her very life was at risk... I actual need to find out what is common place for them would be deadly for me... if a being of mana could be picked up be radiology equipment then the ship based scanners are going ape shit if they can pick me up...

And the rules she had mention was common rules about how not to piss of a Dungeon, like doing anything with it's Fairy which Adventurers were taught to identify...

Oddly if the Fairy follows your party it means that they have taken interested with you... depends... but I'm going on a tangent.

"How far?" I asked her.

"Not far maybe only a few minutes at least or ten at most." I nodded...

"Adventurers on me." I call to the 'Finest Drunkards' who seem ready for a fight. Rok more so... meathead.

8