Chapter 15
204 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Author note: Thanks for taking part in poll.

We walk down the side road to the main road and then turning right. 

Just after a moment we arrive at the bridge. 

"It' hasn't changed much, my side of the river looks as good as ever leaving aside some blood and beast bodies." I comment observing. 

"Beast? Have you fought any other monsters aside from goblins and that troll, Thomas?" They ask puzzled. 

"Well, when that two hours period ended I was welcomed with sight of quite a big boar." I say embarrassed. 

"How lucky, just a boar, I wish I had fought boars and not trolls or armies of goblins." Chief snorts. 

"Well, you say that, but my neighbor wasn't as lucky as you thought would be. She died after a moment. I buried her next to my flat." 

"Ah! Sorry I didn't mean to say that boar would be weak, just that it's still better than being forcefully moved to be troll snack." He lowers his head in apology. 

Passing by the bridge I take a glance at right side where side road leads to river beach. That's the place where wolf pack is probably gathering with their leader. 

"Is something wrong?" Monic asks while looking at the road too, 

"Nothing, just remembered some fights." 

"Okay."  

"After we walk uphill a little bit we will start to see my block(flat)." 

After walking another few minutes we finally arrive at my place. 

In front of my house there are some new wolves lurking. 

Sigh. 

I point my finger. 

"Kill them all." 

First, Second, Third and 3 other skeletons charge at that small pack of eight. 

While they charge I test if my Dark bolt is stronger. My spirit is now 3.0 and mastery is higher so it should be decent. 

"Dark bolt x3" I say one after another as three balls of dark energy fly. 

Swoosh...Crack!Crack!Crack! 

And as they hit I see them have holes in their bodies while being instantly killed. 

"Well, no surprise since they are level 3." I turn to Monic. 

"Can you take one out with Fire ball?" I ask. 

"I'll try. Fire ball!" She sends fireball the size of fist straight at one of the remaining 5 wolves. 

Boom! 

Fire ball explodes, leaving a gaping hole in Direwolf where charred black meat is burned. 

"Your Fire ball is stronger, how much spirit do you have?" I ask surprised. 

"Well I'm level 7 now and my spirit is 3.4" She replies. 

"Wow is that with upgraded mastery of Fire magic?" If it is then Fire ball is just stronger since it's main offensive spell. 

"No I'm far off that yet." She tells proudly with a pose. 

Oh shit, so it's that strong even before mastery upgrade?! I should watch out for enemy magic. 

Sad thing my Death magic specializes less in direct attack power. But I have my skeletons, and curse spell, so it's good overall. 

As we talk the rest of the wolves is killed. Four wolves is probably not enough yet to level up Second. 

"It's over guys, let's just go inside, I will make some sandwiches for you." I signal with hand. 

We step inside, the block, my apartment being the first on the left is closed as I left it. 

I open the door and invite them to sit on the sofa in the living room. 

"Make yourself at home. I will get some food." I walk to the kitchen. 

Checking water flow, I see that it stopped already. No bathing in upcoming days. 

River should be unsafe to use for washing my clothes and skin covered in blood. 

I start to take various ingredients with some bread attempting to make something nice. 

While my hands move doing their work I start thinking about Troll soul and Orb of Intelligence. 

Visualizing Second being destroyed I understand that new Second has already his own blessing from his predecessor, that is Tough bones, I myself would like that trait. 

He shouldn't really be given rewards for nothing. 

The really one to be rewarded should be First, he was with me from the very beginning, covering my back, saving me in peril, in fight with the Troll he killed surprising amount of enemies with his little bow, and even injured Troll a bit with enchanted bow when time came. 

Really, what a good subordinate. Yes, that's right. I will make him first to become conscious. 
And reward him with good bow in future if my money allows it. 

The left thing is Troll soul sealed in Lesser Soul Prison. It would give me 2 spirit. 

I should use it on myself, since my undead could potentially perish. If I become stronger then their memory will to preserve with me. 

If I use it, then my spirit will reach 5.0, I wonder if it will make something happen. 

And I'm in medium mastery now so there should be some new spells for me. 

Spirit will allow me to fight even after using them quite a bit, giving me an edge in battle. 

That should be reasonable. Now, thinking about reward and stuff I should buy some good item for Third, since he preserved to this moment. 

I gather my ideas while food is done being prepared. 

I take it on plate and enter living room. 

"I brought some food guys, let's eat." I leave the plate on my table. 

"Thanks/Thank you." They take each one sandwich. 

I sit then on my bed and relax my body replenishing lost fatigue from recent events. 

14