Chapter 38
174 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

All of my Dark Bolts collide with pin point accuracy the tip of Minotaur fist, one after another they try to stop unbelievable momentum and strength behind the blow, even tough my increased spirit they still deal only light damage to him.

However...

BOOM!

Quantity over Quality, isn't it?

Using amount just barely before my consciousness slips away. They manage to decrease the force of the blow tremendously.
As the strike connects to my gauntlet, the steel dents to great degree while crushing my forearm a bit, but the force stops after reaching my bone, I guess upgrading my vitality paid off in the end.

The bone held and as I jumped away to reduce force I landed on my back, the boss seeing that his greatest blow didn't work, fell without strength as well. Seconds after out collision I can see that Third, Second and others stand with weapons ready to protect me.

First walks to my left with arrow held steadily in hand, he awaits my signal to strike with all my undead, while I get dizzy from exhaustion I manage to keep my eyes open.

"Add First and Third to shared experience distribution." I mumble.

Seeing this, First takes that as order to attack and they all deal most damage they can.

Even though it's a bit anticlimactic for me, they stab, slash and pierce body of that Mimic with their weapons, they deal blow after blow and after what feels like eternity for me they hack the body enough to see small purple ball inside, it tries to move slightly.

That is reason enough to destroy it.

"Smash it!" I yell.

As Second takes club and smashes it, a smoke escapes the ball and evaporates into nothing.

Level Up!
Level Up!
Level Up!
Level Up!

I sit there relieved it finally ended, the village is safe and I gained more power.

I quickly use Lesser Soul Prison. The soul leaves the body and travels slowly inside the orb, after that it shines faintly with power, I pocket it for later inspection.

"First look if there is anything worth in the body."

"Yes my Lord!" He places his bow gently beside me and goes to look for items.

It takes him a while but after a moment he held's his hands up and shows us the spoils.

"My Lord! There is a book and a bracelet here, please inspect them."

I take both items and lower my gaze, the book looks brand new, but is made of some kind of skin, with black-purple cover and title of some unknown language, I inspect it.

Spell Book - Mimic Transformation - Necromancer version

Mimic monsters are famous for their ability to take any form, even tough they are mass of flesh inside, this book allows Necromancer to fundamentally change how his minion looks, it removes the limit of skeletal minion necessity to look mostly humanoid, if the user changes one thing drastically in humanoid minion it can create effect according to change.

 

I stroke my chin.
"Hmm, is it because First smashed it, and he is my skeleton?" So drop is based on circumstances, I silently add.
"Well, it certainly sounds useful, perhaps I could make skeleton dragon in the future or something?"

First hearing that walks closer and speaks.

"Lord, it should be possible to create a wolf skeleton or something, we could have a mount and supplies carrier, ideally without need to rest."
"Great idea First, but wolf is too small, but the concept is nice, I will think about it, having luggage carrier will be good for later days." I say as I absorb the book and then look at this other artifact he brought me.
It's a wooden cube with inscriptions on every side.

"Curious, what could it do."

I inspect it excited.

Cube of Safety - 1 Month Version

Cube created by Goddess of Life, it grants an area a temporary safe status, meaning most monsters will be unable to enter it, you can also enter shop in the zone. Boss monsters are unrestricted by it, however most boss monsters don't change places often. The radius of the zone is one kilometer of human race.

 

I slump my shoulders resigned, I hoped for something better.

"Is something wrong Thomas? Is that thing useless?" Chief comes closer and asks, while still stumbling from mental exhaustion.

That item isn't that useful to me as I prefer being alone, no chance of betraying from myself and the like. However it can be useful to someone who would want to create survivor camp, I rise my head and look at Chief.

"You know Chief, you are lucky today." I point at the cube.

"This item here generates a monster free zone, Bosses not included, of radius about 1km, it should be perfect for you guys to keep survivors safe."

His eyes bulge.

"Really? But... wouldn't you want this for yourself? We just helped you a bit." His words say this but his gaze speaks otherwise, no surprise there as it's an item extremely useful to him and Wostnik at large.

"You paid me off with that troll already, and thanks to your help I didn't die inside, so take it, I hope it will keep Wostnik safe, since it's my home, but know that it has period of 1 month of usage, so you should get people stronger in this time."

"Uh.." He looks sad again
"I tough it was permanent, nevermind that, every help is needed now." He makes himself cheer up a little and regains his cheery nature.

I give it to him.

"Thanks Thomas, I can't believe how could we defeat that without you, since it's not bothered by magic that much. I should level up some more, my Medium Magic Mastery is not far away, perhaps as early as tomorrow if I hunt some I will be able to get it, and then I will gain strength to protect this stronghold of survivors!" He rises up his hand to make a point.

"Great, I'm looking forward to seeing your power then, but let's not waste time here, I still have something to do and then I will go rest in my home."

"Okay Thomas, take care, I and Monic will take those players from before with us and accommodate them." They wave and set off to Chief House.

I return my gaze to Mimic.

"Now what? I have 6 skeletons already and it would be sad to destroy one now."

"Lord I have an Idea, you remember how when Second lost his leg before?"

"Yes, vaguely?" I wait to see where this is going, but I have already an idea.

"Perhaps Third could absorb this body somehow, since he is our guardian skeleton."

"Do we need to break his arm or something?" I ask

"That shouldn't be necessary, Third go touch that Mimic."

Third walks to the monster and crouches to touch it.

"Nothing."

For the moment nothing happens but as if knowing what we want to do, the boss body disintegrates and starts getting absorbed by Third.

No bones are grinded to dust since the boss didn't have one but a dark mist gathers and flies to Third body. It sink inside giving him a bit darker bones and he became bigger if I'm not mistaken.

"It worked? I wonder what it did." I speak to no one in particular.

"We should check his status Lord." First says while looking at Third.

"Hmm, let's see his stats, Status."

Status Window

Name: Third

Level: 10  Class: Skeleton Spearman  Race: Skeleton

Strength: 3.2  Agility: 2.0

Vitality: 2.5  Spirit: 1.2

Bonus Attributes:

Skeleton Spearman +0.5 strength

Mimic Absorbed Body - Can undertake one modification of the body, the effect is strengthened, also makes body stronger. +0.5 Strength, Agility and Vitality.

 

"That sounds a lot like my new spell, aside from the effect being stronger, perhaps it's very strong but one time only?"

"My Lord, how it is?" First questions as he can't check stats of other skeletons.

"It gave Third a chance at strong body modification and + 0.5 Strength, Agility and Vitality, overall it's good, it will help us in the future."

"But let's talk about it more in my house, it's time to rest." We take our things and return for earned break.

 

11