Prologue 2 Fox
384 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

--- Pov Carla Zotes 

I woke up to aches all over my body. I wanted to go back to sleep, but the smell of blood caught my nose and I tried to springed up ready for action, but I couldn’t something was on me I looked up and saw Seelen and Mala on me I gently took them off of me and stood up to look around then I…. saw Creux sitting against a the wall he looked deathly pale and his veins were bulging with a purplish glow with a pool of blood surrounded him and i screamed.

“ Ahh CREUX!” 

My screaming woke up the others as they all took up a sloppy battle stance and looked around. They saw that there were no enemies around...that's when their eyes finally fell on Creux there was a mix of surprise and guilt on their faces. 

“Let's get out of here, we don't have time” Malk said as he threw Creux over his sholderand  started to walk away. “ What happened to the Old One?” Eva asked and the rest of us, turned towards the door and saw the Old One headless. “ By the gods what the fuck happened” Paul said.

Malk stopped and turned to us “ We can at least bring him home” We all agreed and walked out of the castle. Stepping outside the sun was going below the horizon making the light of the trees reflect the golden lights on the ground one would have stopped to stare at this marvel, but we did not have the time or the will to stay here. We could care less. Stopping at a rune circle I brought out some Magi crystals, but before I could do that Malk cut his arm and let it drop into the runes the blood was thick and crimson red radiating pure mana.

“ No way...Malk is it true?” for dragonkin their blood is considered precious and anyone who gets their blood used for them is considered to be a brother of the dragonkin and is one of the highest honors one can receive. Malk merely nodded.

The runes glowed a bright blue and we disappeared from sight.

----Pov Creux 

Aww my fucking head hurts. I thought as I opened my eyes to...a marble ceiling I realised that the others must have brought me back to the castle. Looking around I saw Carla sleeping and Malk with his head down. Why is he here? He didn't even want to fight in the first place.

“ S-so what happened in the end?’’ me saying that immediately woke Carla up and got the attention of Malk.

“ Creux your awake” Carla said with a low voice and with a sad look. I was about to ask how long it had been when Malk answered.” 1 day you were out for one day the kings wanted to do the ceremony, but we all said that if you woke up before the...Pulaman potion takes effect” I realised that they all thought I had taken that potion which I had not, but it works out for me I won't have to worry about the Chaos of my disappearance afterward if they think I used that potion. I stood up with much effort which greatly surprised them. “ Well we can’t keep the people waiting”.

The ceremony went off without difficulties and I was asked afterwards if I had a wish I wanted granted. The heroes pushed for this so I wasn’t going to let this go. I asked for sword techniques. This greatly confused them, but they complied. I finished re-writing the ancient sword arts down before midnight. I had some extra time so I used some of the extra soul I had from the Old One a white aura surrounded me and my injuries were healed. That's when I went out of my room and asked the maid outside to tell the heroes to finish the hero’s duty. Griters is a tavern in the city where we agreed to end our hero’s adventure there. I left the castle without a sound and went into Griters. It took longer than I expected because of the Kings guards.

“ Ahh I can finally relax” I said as I walked into Griters. The talking and clatter stopped as I walked in. 

*Clomp Clack Clomp*

“ YAAAAAA CREUX” the adventures and the heroes started to celebrate as I came in and Clarla came up to me. “ This is for you Creux” she handed me a mug and I gladly took it. The celebration of the Old Ones death went on for hours and many talks about me and other heroes took place.

“ Heyy I never asked you this, but what is your sword made of?”(Paul) 

“ It made of pale ore and its not really a sword it's a nail’’

“What is pale ore” Paul asked, skipping the second part of my answer. “ It is like white silver with a lot of compression” I told him.

“ Interesting” Seleen commented. The drinking, eating, and talkin continued until dawn. That's when everyone was asleep or passed out drunk. The heros were looking more and more nervous; they were the only ones awake with me.

“ What's wrong” I asked, taking a swig of mead. “ You should be dead” Mala said “ Hm i guess i should” I responded knowing full well that I never drank that potion. “ The legends speak of only one way to forgo the effects of a Pulaman potion Creux” Eva who was standing up seemingly on guard. “ How I never read the legends?”

“ That is... to become an Old One” I almost spat out my drink and realised that the heroes were looking at me with wariness. Shit i should have just disappeared before the time limit. “ If you're going to kill me then let's go away from the people” I quickly came up with a plan. They nodded in agreement.

I left Griters with the intent of heading south of the city. The space is weak there from a special bomb that went off during the last defence. If I can use 90% of my soul it should rip open space. I landed at the location in a deserted area with no life, just dead trees and bugs. I turned around to see my comrades, no my former comrades. “ Come at me then I won't go down without a fight” they go into the same positions we had to fight an old one. Ironic I thought. The fight went as expected even if my injuries are healed. I don't want to kill them, but a limb or two should be fine. My expectations for them to be even more coordinated and determined than before...and I was right. I dodged right and kicked seleen in the gut while blocking a ice lance from Carla that's when Mala got hold of me and Eve  missed my heart with an arrow and hit my shoulder I then  threw Mala off before jumping back.

“ This is it, Creux die peacefully...please” Carla said with tears in her eyes. “ Sorry, but i'm not dying here today”. I got into my Iaijutsu stance and they all went on guard. I did the unexpected and turned around and cut the air revealing a rift. A grin creeped on my face as I felt a force hit me from the back. Malk had hit me with his shield pushing me through the portal.

On the other side I was thrown through a bunch of trees hitting something soft and falling down. I turned around to see a giant fox?

8