Chapter 6
409 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapters released every Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri, Saturday!
AUTHOR NOTE: 
Chapter 6 is here! Thanks for the support, this is the team's first novel and we are trying to make sure we are up to your standards as a reader!

Thanks!
ryder, hokori, igor, poseidon, eddiesekai (PLUTO TEAM)


What is this feeling?
“SIR!”

In a perfectly straight line, all the soldiers salute Sky Yun, who on the rocking chair, looks at them.

Mr Ling, his daughter, the middle-aged man and his nephew looked at the situation with their jaws wide open.

“Mr Sky Yun, when I heard your call, I was shocked that you wished to stop the agreement between us! Is there something that I can help with?”

General Wu looked at the seated Sky Yun, he did not expect the call at all. And when Sky Yun said his location, he immediately called every solider at the camp to come with him.

But from what the current situation looks like, it seemed it was nothing big that he had expected.

“General Wu, this man says that you are his superior to, he wishes to force an innocent girl to marry his nephew with brute force. Deal with it or the contract between us is over.”

Sky Yun did not wish to be involved in the beginning, but when the girl pleaded, his memory flashed back to when the small girl died in his arms.

‘Perhaps I am getting too soft…’

All his emotions, from anger to happiness gradually faded as time went by. The nightmarish flashback that always comes in his dream is the only time he feels an emotion.

The only time he feels human.

General Wu looked at the middle-aged man with widen eyes and sighed heavily.

“Lin Xin… what have you done…”

General Wu felt embarrassed, so embarrassed due to the fact that the man he picked up felt he had the power to break the law just because General Wu is backing him.

Lin Xin was in absolute shock, he only wished for his nephew to be happy, yet with how the situation is currently going he had no idea how to get out of it.

He fell to the ground, kowtowing in front of General Wu repeating ‘please forgive me’ constantly.

Sky Yun looked over and felt nothing, he lost his sense of pity and forgiveness a long time ago.

General Wu looked at the uncle and turned his head to Sky Yun.

“Can you forgive him, perhaps? I know he has done some wrongdoings but please, do not ruin our contract between us just because of this.”

General Wu was slightly desperate, after the meeting with Sky Yun he received praise from his superiors. If the contract was broken because of a matter such as this he would be at fault.

“Do not ask me, ask her.”

Sky Yun did not bother and pointed to the girl standing beside him.

Ling Xue has never been in a situation like this before, she was about to be forced into going out with a guy she loathed.

Although she just met Sky Yun, she felt protected by his side, and pleaded him to help her

She did not expect that Sky Yun could help, with soldiers saluting to him as well

He seems to be around the same age as her, and was yet so powerful.

When General Wu looked at her, she had a troubled expression on her face.

“Mist-mister Yun can decide…”

Ling Xue felt the decision was too difficult for her to handle, she felt pity for them yet hated them for forcing her to do things she didn’t wish to do.

She looked at Sky Yun for support, she did not know why she felt safe around him but all she could do is currently rely on him.

“Let them be, they learnt their lesson.”

Sky Yun felt this situation was pointless, he felt that his message towards the two men was clear enough.

Lin Xin was crying, grovelling at the feet of Sky Yun, being grateful to him.

Half an hour later, General Wu took his soldiers and both the middle-aged man and his nephew with him back to the training camp close by.

Sky Yun decided silently to leave the farm, but before he could leave, Ling Xue grabbed his arm.

“He-hey wait!”
She saw that Sky Yun wished to leave but she wanted to get to know him better.

Sky Yun looked at her and was amused slightly, no one has grabbed his arm like that and was still alive to this day.

“Ca-can you stay for dinner? Please!”

Mr Ling who was looking at this situation was very surprised to see his daughter being smitten by Sky Yun.

He liked Sky Yun’s character even more after this situation, he never was arrogant nor disrespectful to Mr Ling despite him having such power.

Sky Yun has never been invited to dinner by anyone before, even when he was ‘Chen Yun’, his family never let him go to dinners nor parties at all.

Sky Yun’s heart was beating faster and faster, although his expression was calm, a slight hint of warmth appeared in his eyes.

“Thank you…”

When Ling Xue heard he was coming for dinner, a bright smile was plastered all over her face, she grabbed his arm and took him into her home with giggling noises, coming out of her mouth.

Mr Ling nodded his head and went to the kitchen, whilst Ling Xue took Sky Yun to the small living room.

It had a few chairs, a television and a table right in the middle. Ling Xue sat on the right of Sky Yun and stared at him for a long time.

“Is there something on my face?”

Sky Yun although irritated last time when she had stared at him felt that this time something was different.

Ling Xue blushed heavily as she turned her head, she has never felt this way before.

Her heart was pounding harder and harder, she has always been a lover of fairy tales and when Sky Yun saved her, like her knight in shining armour, she was infatuated.

Sky Yun has never experienced love before, however he could easily tell that Ling Xue has some sort of liking towards him.

Mr Ling walked in and saw his daughter’s bright red face and right next to her Sky Yun looking at her. Something was different with how Sky Yun looked at her however, it had a hint of warmth despite him having an emotionless expression still.

“Ah! Da-dad…”

Ling Xue stuttered as soon as she saw her father standing outside the door. She covered her face with both her hands and ran out of the room.

Sky Yun stood up, and walked towards Mr Ling.

“I need to go, I’ll be back for the coffee beans in a month.”

“Aren’t you staying over for dinner?”

Mr Ling was surprised to hear that Sky Yun was going to leave before dinner was made.

“I need to go back, it’s a long journey.”

After saying that, Sky Yun opened the front door and left.

Ling Xue ran down the stairs to see that Sky Yun had left and her father in the kitchen.

“Dad, where is Mr Yun?”

She looked all over the house, she couldn’t find Sky Yun anywhere.

“He said he needed to leave, he will be back in a month for the coffee beans”

When her dad said that, Ling Xue’s eyes widen and stomped her foot.

“I invited him for dinner and he doesn’t even stay? Gosh!”

Mr Ling laughed loudly, Ling Xue did not expect that and was confused.

“What?”

“Nothing, I realised my daughter has finally found someone, hahaha!”

Ling Xue’s face went bright red and she ran out of the kitchen. Mr Ling smiled as he continued to make dinner.

On the train back to Shanghai, Sky Yun was thinking about Ling Xue.

Her bright smile, her constant stuttering around him and giggles were etched into his mind.

He has felt something that he has never felt in a long time.

The feeling of love.

“She’s actually quite cute.”

He muttered to himself.

12