Chapter 17
317 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapters released every Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri, Saturday!
AUTHOR NOTE: 
Chapter 17! Support this novel by rating it and commenting what you enjoy about the novel so far!  

Thank You!
ryder, hokori, igor, poseidon, eddiesekai (PLUTO TEAM)


Certificate
After his morning workout, he went into the coffee shop to see two plates of toast and tea on the table.

He looked at Ling Xue, who was seated eating her breakfast. Her hair was tied up and her face filled with joy.

“Is this… for me?”

Ling Xue looked at Sky Yun as if he was an idiot.

“Of course, we are the only two here dear.”

Ling Xue continued to eat her toast while Sky Yun stood there with an amused expression on his face.

“Dear? You decided to call me that now?”

Sky Yun, after last night, he had lost all of his cold, apathetic feelings for Ling Xue. He sat down on his chair across from her and started to eat his breakfast.

“Yun, let’s go get registered before I go back to the farm.”

Ling Xue asked, Sky Yun nodded his head and went to get changed.

After getting ready, they both took a taxi to the marriage registration office. After arriving, they see a small line with a huge sign saying ‘MARRIAGE’ on it. They both stood in line, which was filled with youngsters in their early 20s.

Many looked at Sky Yun and Ling Xue, for the men Ling Xue is seen as an average ‘beauty’, so they didn’t pay attention as much. However, the girls with the men were staring at the handsome Sky Yun, with sparkling eyes.

Sky Yun didn’t care however, and just had decided to act as if they didn’t exist. However, Ling Xue looked at the girls and grabbed Sky Yun’s arm. Sky Yun looked at Ling Xue, who was teasing the disappointed girls and smiled.

“NEXT!”

Sky Yun and Ling Xue were up next, they walked towards the counter and was handed a form.

“Fill the questions in and then hand it in quickly.”

The old woman who was in the counter had a distorted expression on her face. Sky Yun sighed and grabbed the pen given to him and started to fill it in.

The questions were simple, it asked for his name, parents and where he lives. Ling Xue also filled in her side and they both finished after 2 minutes.

“Congratulations, you are officially married. Here is your certificate.”

The old woman, with an expressionless tone gave them their certificate. Ling Xue grabbed the certificate and started to jump up and down whilst laughing.

Sky Yun who rarely expresses emotions had a smile on his face and hugged Ling Xue. His life was filled with dark moments, and Ling Xue is something that sheds light to it in his mind.

They both walked out the office, and went back to the coffee shop. Ling Xue started to pack her bags to return to her family home.

After finishing up, she grabs her suitcase and walks to the door.

“I’ll tell dad that I married you, but it might not go so well…”

Their marriage was a flash marriage, which now in Chinese society has increased over the past few years. Ling Xue’s dad, Ling Wang, might not like that they had married and might split them up as he is part of the older generation that were more conservative.

Even if he tried to split them up, Ling Xue would just ignore her father’s wishes and live together with Sky Yun, if that was the case.

“Don’t worry, just be safe on your journey back.”

Sky Yun hugged her and turned around, Ling Xue looked at the back of the man she now calls husband and walks out of the shop with a happy expression on her face.

 

A day later, Sky Yun opens the coffee shop once again and continues his daily life.

DING~

The door opens, and a woman comes straight in and walks towards Sky Yun. He looks up to see his sister, Chen Fei, who he hasn’t seen since him and his mother had spoken.

“Y-Yo…”

Chen Fei looked at the ground refusing to gaze at Sky Yun. Sky Yun remembered his mother’s words to him and sighed.

“Need anything, Fei?”

Chen Fei looked up at her brother and tears started to form. She could only remember getting brotherly affection when she was really young but after her parents divorced, she has been all alone without any help nor support.

Her brother, asking if she needed anything, was all she wanted. Someone she can depend upon.

Sky Yun was confused, he did not expect Chen Fei to cry. He quickly stood up and grabbed a tissue box on the kitchen table.

Chen Fei wiped her tears and stared at Sky Yun.

“Should I c-call you Yun or Brother Yun or – “

“Anything that makes you comfortable.”

Sky Yun went back to reading his book in silence, with Chen Fei standing there with nothing to do except look at him.

“Big Bro Yun, why did you say I look like that bastard? You mean dad, right?”

Chen Fei didn’t expect to see Sky Yun suddenly closing his book and staring straight at her.

“Listen closely, that fucker isn’t ‘my’ dad. Remember this, I am related to you, and mother only. But that bastard isn’t my family.”

Chen Fei was scared, the cold stare and heavy atmosphere from Sky Yun made her shiver to her bones.

She knew that Sky Yun hated her father, but did not expect to see this reaction at all.

Sky Yun, after hearing her mention his name got agitated. Although he had abandoned the thought of revenge towards the Chen Family, the mere mention of the man causes him to release slight killing intent.

He sighed, and looked at his sister.

“I am sorry, but that man left me for dead. He didn’t love me like a son, so why should I treat that man as a father? I know you might see the man differently, but do remember that you are his daughter and not some other person.”

Chen Fei listened to her brother’s reasonable explanation. She remembered that her mother called her dad bastard too, which meant that perhaps he was someone different to what she had thought.

“No, no, don’t be sorry. I was the one who mentioned him. Can you help me with something?”

Chen Fei quickly changed the subject and finally asked what she had come here for.

“What do you need?”

“Well, I need you to come with me during the charity ball coming up. Are you free next week?”

Sky Yun grabbed a calendar book under his desk and looked to see if he was free. He had bought this book after signing the contract to become the instructor of the Chinese Army so that he remembers which dates he must attend.

“I am free for the whole week. Just come to the shop in the morning of the day and I’ll get ready.”

He starts his Instructing job in 2 weeks, so next week he is completely free.

“Cool! Can I come tomorrow to visit?”

Sky Yun nodded, and Chen Fei stood up and walked towards the door before turning around.

“See you tomorrow, Big Brother!”

She ran off chuckling as Sky Yun sat in his usual seat with a book in hand staring at the door in a trance.

“My little sister really grew up huh…”

He muttered.

 

“Welcome to Shanghai, Mr Sky Long.”

A Chinese airplane attendant said to the old man seated in front of her.

‘I have arrived, let’s see how that little devil is doing.’

 

10