028: The Favorite Daughter-In-Law
7.6k 3 92
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lin Mian Mian had been lazing around that he almost forgot the most crucial event that would happen to him. It was until his body showed the reaction of being poisoned did he remember about the infertility incident.

From the memories, the original Lin Mian Mian has no idea who poisoned him. What he only knows is that he is being fed with medicine that sterilized his fertility, rendering his child-rearing ability useless. Lin Mian Mian also has no idea how to catch the perpetrator since the original generalized the crime to the harem.

The medicine was concocted in a form of fine powder that has no taste and white in color. It is almost undetectable when mixed on the food or drink, and has a little effect when consumed in little amounts. It has a weird side effect - it makes the person taking the medicine to suddenly become healthy, though this is just a pretense to cover the real aim of the poison.

[A/N: I am interchanging medicine and poison since both are the same when it comes to uses but different in application.]

The original Lin Mian Mian was unaware of this medicine. Since he is such a good saint, he would accept whatever people give him and would consume it happily. This is just to show his sincerity towards the other person, though it had only led him to his demise. Only by the time when his cinnabar had lost its color did he realize that he was schemed.

Lin Mian Mian wondered what could have the original soul felt the moment he realized that the world isn't shining with unicorn rainbows and gay cupcakes. Did he suddenly feel sad, or sorrow? The memories that he earned only showed the original's loneliness but it did not actually portrayed the soul's feelings.

It is as though he is watching a movie in the cinema, and the feelings that he got from watching the movie is from his own understanding towards the played scenes.

Though, the revenge that the original Lin Mian Mian highlighted before he committed suicide is so strong that Lin Mian Mian could not help but to shiver. It must be the accumulated anger the original soul that is originally a pure one had become the devil.

One could easily imagine how a kind-hearted person suffered just to become blackened.

Going back to the present situation, Lin Mian Mian indeed had forgotten about this ordeal. It because nowadays, aside from the constant pestering of the green tea bitches, here comes the mother-in-law that never wasted any time to visit him! Take note, the old woman will always make any reason so she can visit the ger's place!

#Topic: Help! The Mother-In-Law is also very clingy! Asking for internet people for an advice.#

Well, it all started on that little summon that Lin Mian Mian attended. After being traumatized by the sudden 'I want a grandson' topic by the lady, she then showed her hidden trump cards that made Lin Mian Mian unable to speak. By just simply hearing the words coming from the woman almost made his knees soft!

"This child, my daughter-in-law, I know my son is a bit rough (Lin Mian Mian: 'just a bit' is an understatement!) when it comes to bedroom matters but don't worry, this mother will send you a recovery soup to increase your vitality."

"Aiya, your posture is good but you are still thin to my standards. Being slender is nice but this is not favorable when having a child. Starting tomorrow, you should eat a lot of meat. This mother is worried that you will not have stamina so I will add a few nuts as well."

"Lin Mian Mian, I say, I asked the astrologer the other day, and he said that your sons will become the lucky stars of the empire. This mother will think of a way to help you conceive a child ah."

"Steam Egg custard, lotus root porridge, and a few egg dishes with lots of green leafy vegetables boost fertility. I should make you eat a lot so you will be ripe enough when my son comes back!"

"Oh Mian Mian, my dear child Mian Mian, I don't want you to leave. Stay and chat with mother, okay? I will tell you some secrets about that dumbass son of mine so you can seduce him down to bed in one strike!"

Okay, isn't this a sudden change of character?! From the title of 'My Child, this daughter-in-law' he was suddenly promoted to 'my dear child, Mian Mian'! Isn't this development a bit fast? And where is that Empress Dowager that is known to be so formal and strict when it comes to the members of the harem?

Who is this woman that almost pushed him to his embarrassment? Who is this woman that is very sly in using tactics to make him stay? Now, Lin Mian Mian wondered if Xia MeiLin is his long lost mother or not - but he didn't have any long lost mother!

She even called her son, the dragon emperor, as dumbass.

Whenever Lin Mian Mian remembered how he suffered on that day, when the Empress Dowager actually showed him a yellow book, he was fated to be killed miserably. Who knows what kind of positions the 'said to be strict and formal Empress Dowager' suggested to him that will surely 'Enhance Bed Intimateness to the maximum level'. He even though that when he was just kneeling on that ceremony, Yan JinLong just got hard by just watching him!

Who needs these positions ba! If his whole appearance is enough to capture Yan JinLong heart and rod, then isn't doing all these 'seduction tips from the ancient' is enough to kill himself?

#RIP Lin Mian Mian's Chrysanthemum: A Tribute to the Forever Once A Virgin#

The next days, the Empress Dowager will keep on summoning Lin Mian Mian. It is either to just have some chat and drink some tea, or to play chess and drink some tea. There are not a lot of things that should be done aside from drinking a lot of tea. Now, Lin Mian Mian missed how Milk Tea and Tapioca tasted on his world.

When Lin Mian Mian wanted to excuse himself, let say, 'pretend that I am sick because I do not care anymore about the Empress Dowager', Xia MeiLin suddenly appeared on his doorstep. This made the ger feel like Yan JinLong did not actually leave him since another sticky person made sure to glue herself to him. The reason of 'I missed My Dear Child Mian Mian so I came to visit."

Missed my dear child Mian Mian, your mother! We have just met yesterday! And it is not twenty four hours yet!

Think of another believable reason! Like you wanted to see if I am cheating with someone, or I am being assassinated please let me in your courtyard. At least, a little change or a variation of words can make this whole playhouse thing fun!

Thus, Lin Mian Mian had become a sighing person.

In the morning, whenever he saw the Empress Dowager walk towards his courtyard without worrying if she is stepping on a dog shit or something, makes Lin Mian Mian sigh. During lunch, whenever he sees the vitality soup and fertility boosting side dishes served to him, Lin Mian Mian sighs. At the afternoon, before the Empress Dowager returns to her fortress, she would give Lin Mian Mian a short story telling about Yan JinLong idiocy. Lin Mian Mian sighs.

He now questioned if it would be better if it were Yan JinLong who pesters him since that person will only 'touch here, steal some tofu there, tease until the wife's face is red', then he would stop. Now he understands why many people fears the Empress Dowager than the Dragon Emperor.

Lin Mian Mian slowly ate the served food before him with a trance. The Empress Dowager did not visit him today since there were things that are needed to be handled on the court. Lady Xia MeiLin patted a white handkerchief on the corners of her eyes while expressing farewell towards Lin Mian Mian. Now, he was feeling a bit lonely since the Lady would often accompany him during lunch.

Lu Mao noticed his master's long look. "Master Lin, are you all right?"

"En," Lin Mian Mian chewed a piece of a green leafy vegetable. "Just cherishing the silence."

"It has been noisy for the past days. Her Lady Xia is unbelievably a lively person," Lu Mao chuckled.

He had witnessed all the sufferings of Lin Mian Mian. His master somewhat changed and become extremely lazy. To become the Empress Dowager's favorite is a pain in the neck. Well, for Lin Mian Mian who almost just wanted to sleep all day.

"But she is too lively ba!" Lin Mian Mian complained as he stuffed a whole spoonful or rice on his mouth. "I wonder where she got her energy. Are you sure that she is really old? She doesn't look like one!"

"Master Lin, you should not talk about age when it comes to women. This topic is taboo," Zhao Yue joined in the conversation. She was carrying a tray with more food. Han Luli and Zhou Ning placed the plates on the table.

"I agree. If ever Her Majesty hears you, I am sure there will be two times the deal to be done," Han Luli nodded.

"I just wanted to know. There's no need to push me off the cliff," Lin Mian Mian muttered as he finished another bowl of rice.

While they are doing their usual teasing, Zhou Ning noticed something. She ignored this thing at first because it did not really show any difference. However, when Lin Mian Mian is already on his third serving and still did not touch the dish, did she dare to voice out. She took the plate where the ripe and sweet peaches were sliced and placed it beside the bowl Lin Mian Mian is eating.

"Master Lin, you haven't touched your peaches. Isn't this your favorite?" Zhou Ning asked. The two maids also noticed it and asked the same question. Of all fruits, Lin Mian Mian can never resist to peaches. It is just his favorite.

Lin Mian Mian, who was slurping cold noodles, noticed the plate and just looked at it. He has the same preference with the original Lin Mian Mian and likes to eat peaches. However, this time, he didn't seem to have the appetite to eat it. So he continued eating the cold noodles instead.

"I think I am already full," Lin Mian Mian answered as he finished the noodles and hunted the dumplings.

The three maids just stared at him. Full? Then why is he still eating those dumplings like there is no tomorrow ah?

Well, they did not question their master anymore since they know that Lin Mian Mian is a glutton. Yes, starting from their rebirth up to now, they just realized that Lin Mian Mian is very different from the master that they have served in their past's lives. Though, they like this Lin Mian Mian version two better than the first one.

[A/N: I suddenly feel sad for the original Lin Mian Mian lol.]

After eating his lunch, Lin Mian Mian's tummy bloated a bit and decided to stroll around to digest the food. He walked around his courtyard where flowers bloomed beautifully, probably in lieu of Lu Mao's careful tending, then walked towards the shade of the tree where his favorite chair was placed. He just sat down when he found Lu Mao rushing towards his direction.

This is the third time ba.

He suddenly felt constipated.

"Master Lin, Concubine Fu Xiao San requested for your audience. The lady wanted to visit," Lu Mao hastily announced.

Lin Mian Mian blinked. Fu Xiao San? Isn't she the person who provoked Yin Mei Mei during the farewell ceremony? The original soul does not have much information to the individual since Fu Xiao San rarely interacted with him. The woman is on a credit-based competition so she mostly spends her time earning credits than to saunter around like a fawn. Lin Mian Mian has no impression to her.

Lu Mao noticed the confusion from his master's eyes. He also did not have much information about Fi Xiao San but he has the basic information about the individual.

"Lady Fu Xiao San is from the respectable family of Official Fu. She is the first daughter from the first wife, and one of the first concubines that entered the harem. Until now, Lady Fu only had one son from the emperor. It seems that her child was brought in a good upbringing since the prince had been collecting good deeds ever since he learned to talk."

"Is her son a candidate of the crown?" Lin Mian Mian asked.

"About this, this servant cannot say but before Master Lin arrived, the potential of earning the crown is from Lady Yin's family. Her two sons are also exceptional compared to Lady Fu's son," Lu Mao said.

"Hmmm..." Lin Mian Mian just nodded. He doesn't care whose son is who. He waved his hand lightly and showed a relaxed posture. "Let the lady in. Also, tell the ladies to prepare some snacks."

"Yes master," Lu Mao answered before hurrying off.

Lin Mian Mian watched the little figure scurry away as he patted his tummy. His thoughts were running from wanting to know what this woman could give him. Fu Xiao San is known for collecting credits, then what can she collect from meeting Lin Mian Mian?

92