Prologue: Ground Zero
75 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Standing between a bullet and a wall was never my idea of “fun.” I did not intend to die. Of course, a lot of people would say that as well. You see, I’m very much your average fresh graduate, taking their first step towords the world of unemployment. Unfortunately (or fortunately) a bullet through the chest ripped me off the opportunity in doing so. 

Dying, one would think, in the middle of a gunfight is something to be considered as heroic. Well, if not heroic, it could be you know -- amateurish. Boy, I was no amateur.

I was at the top of my league in first person shooting… games. I definitely ranked Legendary in role playing games. So yes, if you overlook the concept “RPG,” then that would definitely sound half as cool as it initially intended.

But no, that was not the case today. I was shot, holding a stupid roll of paper which deemed me a “graduate” in the art of four-years-of-studying. There was nothing cool nor heroic about it. 

I stared, from the stage, at the blinding spotlight. My chest tightened as I lost my balance.

I vaguely wondered multiple things at once. Well, three things at once. One, would there be Wi-Fi in heaven? Two, would the supreme being give me a chance at finishing my games in exchange for my unjust death? Three, the only checkpoint I wish to have at life is when I was in 3rd year college when--My thoughts paused as pain surged through my body.

Funny, instead a montage of life, all I get are speedy thoughts and word vomit.

I blinked slowly, pain dulling my thoughts.

Darkness drowned out the sound of screaming.

I had no answers. 

5