Chapter 3- Error in the rulebook
68 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yume continued to read until she noticed a strange error in the rulebook. The page number was 3 on one page. And on the next page the page number was 6. It could have just been an error. Tho, it didn’t seem that difficult to tear a page from the rulebook too.

“Umm, I think this rulebook has some contents missing” said Yume.

“From page 3 to page 6?” asked Sui.

“Yeah, how do you know?”

“Mine is the same”

Sui showed her rulebook as well. Yume flipped through the pages to see that Sui’s rulebook was exactly same as hers.

“Hmm, Did that idiot with a pumpkin on his head made an error?” asked Yume

“Seems so”.

Yume nodded and continued reading. After she finished reading, she opened the cardboard box and looked through the cards inside. As expected her deck was filled with spirits and haunted beings as characters for her to use.

Sui spoke nonchalantly:

“My deck seems alright. Of course, I wouldn’t know how strong this deck is without comparing to someone else’s. But regardless, a detective is my kind of thing, so I guess it would probably act as a good luck charm”.

Yume laughed.

“You serious? Good luck charm? I thought detectives are supposed to be rational and cold headed. Or are you some sort of an occultic detective?”

“I don’t deny possibilities without concrete proof that says otherwise. There is no proof that good luck charms exist. But there isn’t any proof that disproves it, either. It’s best to remain open minded when it comes to the supernatural and the occult. And I have a few occult themed cards despite this deck supposed to center around detectives. Almost all of my cards have the element of Light too. But I suppose light is there to represent the goodness of detectives. What elements does your deck have?” said Sui.     
                        
“Oh mine? It’s a combination of dark and fire elements. This shit really is a Halloween deck”.

“I see”

After the two finished scanning through their cards they both walked up to each of the stands located at the side of the cards.    
 
“Put your decks into the stone stands. It will enable you to play the game of Zone Wars. The winner of the game will survive. While the loser of the game will die after the game in 5 minutes. The door will automatically open a few minutes after one of you die. Well, now then. Good luck. I’ll be watching your gameplay in case there is some ruling issues or questions you might ask”

Sui and Yume looked at one another with bitter sweetness.

“You sure you want to do this?” asked Yume.

“We have no choice. I’m putting my cards in” said Sui.

After they both inserted the cards they want to use for the round, the screens on the stand lit up with life.

First, they have to decide who goes first with a rock, paper, scissors match. Sui and Yume picked a choice from the screen and it was revealed that Sui chose paper, Yume chose rock. Sui won.

“Jeez, no dice”.

“I’ll go second” said Sui.

“Really? You sure? Going first means you get to summon more characters than your opponent” said Yume.

“It doesn’t matter. Going second means I get to observe your strategy before I make a move. Plus the player who goes second draws an additional card, right?”

“That’s true”      

The game began. In order to win the game, a player must win a war. To win a war, a player’s character has to attack the opposing player’s town and deplete it’s HP. The town has 10 HP. Of course, straight up winning seemed hard. As each player could surrender during their strategy phase. After surrendering, the player gets to draw a card. Each player could surrender only once during a game.

1