Prologue Chapter: Transmigration
789 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Prologue Chapter: Transmigration

 

His name used to be Xie Yin. 

He...was...a survivor.  Yes.  That would be the most proper term.

He had seen death.  Deaths of his family and friends.  They all left, until only he himself remains.

Once they're gone, he no longer wanted to be close to anyone, for the fear of losing them and experiencing the pain again.  

The pain was only momentary, and it faded away as time passed.  But it had hurt terribly, and he still remember how it had hurt.

After they're gone, there was still a few people that he know and actually care about a little bit.  However, some of them started to leave as well.  He experienced more losses, feeling the emotional pain again. 

In the end, he had closed his heart, becoming indifferent to all the others left in the base.

He no longer tried to find the warmth and comfort of family and friends—people.

He began to realize that he had stopped caring.  He had stopped caring for the others that had remain.  He had stop caring about anything and just live life as it is. 

Eat, drink, sleep. 

That was all he does...but there are also those moments in which he decided to pick up the books.

The books helped him with his conditions.  The books helped him fill the missing hole in his heart.  He became more attached to books than the remaining people.

He would have at least greeted or acknowledged the people when they came across him, but now he ignored them.

Sometimes he wished that he had never made any acquaintances, but he knows that without them, he wouldn’t had been to able to survive.  Humans need each other after all.

One night, Xie Yin had been laying on the roof of a building, gazing blankly at the beautiful moon and stars.  Thinking about nothing.

He fell asleep that night and left that world.

* * *

He remember being born.  He had cried, but quieted down after a few minutes.

The couple was overjoyed to have a son.  They named him Draco. 

Draco Malfoy.

He was quiet as a baby.  He slept most of the time, but sleeping soon changed into staring blankly as he grew older.

Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy soon began to worry about their son's unusual behavior, so they brought him to St. Mungo's Hospital For Maladies and Injuries for a checkup.

St. Mungo's determined that their son was healthy and was probably just a quiet child, but they also admit that they never seen such a quiet and calm baby.  Some also said that maybe the child is just dumb, however, Narcissa refuses to believe that.  The couple made sure that St. Mungo would keep everything private and left, scorning at how naive they must be to think that a Malfoy would be dumb.

As time pass by, he began to move.  At his one year-old birthday, he suddenly stood up from the ground and then actively blew out the candle.  Lucius and Narcissa were shocked.  Narcissa quickly gone over the shock and start spewing about how proud she is.  Lucius was in a state of shock for about a minute before he decided that his son was just an unusual baby that matured late but greatly.

Draco also showed his first magic a day after that surprising birthday, he had formed a small incorporeal Patronus.  He then released a fire shaped like a dragon from his hands, living up to his name.

The Malfoys almost had an heart attack at the small wisps of silvery smoke and the fiery dragon.  Narcissa fainted out of shock, and Lucius stood there staring blankly at Draco's small fingers for who knows how long.  Draco had to admit that it was a funny sight.

The Malfoys had decided to keep their son and his talents a secret to protect him, they even decided to go as far as hiding from other (both secret and former) Death Eaters about their son's talent.  The couple know that their son will probably have to show his abilities one day so that the Dark Lord would deem him useful, but for now, they want to protect Draco for as long as they can.

And so, Draco grew up inside the Malfoy Manor, occasionally going out with his parents in a disguise.  Draco don't really mind, as he finds it easier to train secretly that way.

Draco would wake up at seven, eat breakfast with his parents, then spent time with his father.  Lucius would talk about pure-bloods, Hal-breeds, muggle-borns, blood traitors and whatnot.  He does sometime talk about things like Quidditch, due to Narcissa insisting him to talk about something that he should talk about with young children.

There are times in which Lucius actually tells him something worthwhile though.  Basic politics, family history, problems at the ministry.  Lucius also accidentally slip out some things about Voldemort and Death Eaters when he vent in front of his son. He like how Draco earnestly listen to him and even sometimes even gave some comments about what he said.

Narcissa also like to spend time with Draco, they talk about many things.  Narcissa also help Draco with learning things as well once the five year old Draco told her that he is determine to learn as many things as he can.  She had help supply him with books and other things that help with his education.  Narcissa let Draco learn whatever he wanted, she finds it good that he likes to learn.

Draco learned how to do housework professionally after watching and helping house elves.  Dobby was particularly moved that his young master was willing to learn about what house elves do.

Draco learned politics, history, art, literature, and mathematic.  He also learned to play various instruments, speak many languages, and secretly honed his combat skills, practicing with magic, weapons, and hand-to-hand combat.

Despite all of those things, he made sure to have enough time to practice magic.  Since he can't have a wand, he tried to do it wandlessly.  Surprisingly, it had been quite easy for him.  Is it perhaps because of him being able to precisely point out the energy?  He can feel it running through his blood and body.

Perhaps it because of how well he knows his body?  He is already pretty familiar to this body after all that intense training and stuff.  Or maybe is it because he's from from another world?

It doesn't matter, being able to perform magic at all is already a miracle itself.  He wonder, where did magic come from?  Is it the soul or body?  Or maybe it's both?  After a while, he was soon able to cast quite some basic spells wandlessly and wordlessly.

There's also his amazing healing ability, he once accidentally wounded himself the first time he was trying out daggers and swords, but the wound instantly closed up itself.  It didn't seem like there was even one to began with.

Draco hid quite some things from Narcissa and Lucius, but they were still doubtful about how Draco had learned things so quickly.  Draco just told them that he have photographic memories, which isn't a total lie.

Five years flew by just like that.

Draco Malfoy—formerly called Xie Yin—is now a five years old.  In his last life, he was known to have multiple personalities, but in fact, he just have a serious bipolar disorder that can change his personality dramatically.  However, after the traumas he had gone through, his bipolar disorder didn't act up.  He was in a blank state frequently.

The Malfoy couple loves their son dearly, Xie Yin had to admit that he was moved by them.  Xie Yin had lack a lot of familial love, the family he had was not his blood-related family.  He was an orphan, but even so, he is familiar with familial love.  He had a family, it was a great family.  Although it is not a family where they are blood-related, everyone still get along happily.

Xie Yin decided, since this is a new life, he would turn over a new leaf.  Start again, fresh.  He will do his best to achieve his goals.  His bipolar disorder soon started acting up, probably due to the fact that he was just a child.  He should be able to control it better when he grew older.

Lucius and Narcissa noticed their son's condition as he grew older.  One day he would be reading boring politic books in Lucius's study, while the next day he would have a severe hate for politics and become more focused on music.

The Malfoys brought young Draco to St. Mungo's again.  St. Mungo determined that he had severe bipolar, which results in his unstable moods and personality.

"However," the expert had said, "He will become more stable as time goes by, he seems to be a rational child, so he should be stable by the time he starts school."

Of course, the Malfoy had invited private experts, so the information leakage is very unlikely.  The team they invited are also known to prioritize privacy as once of their main focuses.

After that, the Malfoys decided to invite some friends for Draco.  They know that even though they want to keep their son hidden, He would have to go to school soon.  They want to help him find some reliable friends he could be with at Hogwarts.

Crabbe and Goyle was one of the first children his age that Draco met, but the Malfoys soon realized that Draco seems to alienate himself from them.  When Narcissa asked Draco why he doesn't want to play with them, Draco had replied, "They seem...a bit...unintelligent."

Narcissa then made it one of her goals to get Draco at least one friend he approves of, she knows that her son has high standards.  She decided to invite more children of people she know that were about the same age as Draco.  Lucius helped her, as he also wants to get his son some decent acquaintances.

Pansy Parkinson and Blaise Zabini ended to be the only ones that Draco finds decent enough.  Narcissa had shed tears when Draco told her that.  Lucius on the other hand, collapse on a soft couch and fell asleep.

* * *

The three of them hit it off quite well.

Pansy was playful and willful.  Blaise was humorous and charming.  Draco was easygoing and mature.

The three hang out with each other at least once a week, they were best friends.

* * *

By the Draco had turned 11 and is ready to start his first year at Hogwarts, he had already secretly learned multiple spells without needing to use a wand.  Narcissa and Lucius is only aware that he can use five non-verbal spells, but he had learn more secretly.

He had a goal in mind.  He does not care about light or dark, as he is both himself.  He just wants a life in which he does not have to worry about everything.  Xie Yin, now Draco Malfoy, is determined to reach his goal.

He decided to go with the flow for now.  There is already a chosen one after all.  All he have to do is stay low and may occasionally help that scarhead.  He should also be careful of that old man, the muggle-born know-it-all, the weasel, and that Moldyshort.

Now, it's time for a trip to Diagon Alley.

8