Chapter 16: . . . Great
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I immediately jump back, surprised at the intensity of golden that consumed his eyes. The change from the green to intense gold was in itself a feat.

Greg grunts before throwing his hands back onto his face.

I stand up and slowly walk closer to Greg’s crouching figure with caution, while I walk over to him, I feel more bones break.

" Greg, if you shift, I may get hurt. So stop it.”

That was my sad attempt at consoling him.

" Greg, uhm,” I crouch down and slowly put my hand on his shoulder,” Please don’t shift.”

His body stops shaking.

Oh, good maybe it’s over.

" Did you calm down ? Can you leave now ?” I ask as I feel a bone in my leg snap. I yelp in surprise before covering my mouth as a tear slides down my cheek.

He doesn’t respond.

" Can’t you even move ?” I poke his shoulder.

Suddenly his entire body lunges towards me. He grabs my wrist as he pins me to the floor, a bone in my arm breaks as he hovers above me and I scream in pain.

His eyes were now a duller golden as he stared intently at me.

" Greg, please get off me.” I whisper as a rib breaks,” I need to concentrate to control myself, you have to get off of me.”

Greg growled before releasing my arm, and letting his body fall on top of mine.

He wrapped his arms around my back as his nose rested near my collar bone. He inhaled deeply and exhaled after a moment before I felt his chest vibrate as he made a noise that sounded like a cat purring.

I take that moment to shove him off of me and stand up as another bone in my leg breaks causing me to scream out in pain as I fall down again.

" Lucy, what’s going on ?” Greg glanced at me in shock,” You’re shifting again ? Look, I don’t mean to be the one to ruin your dreams or anything, but maybe you should just let the shift happen.”

" I’m not shifting,” I laugh,” The whole point of you coming here was to help me!” I yell.

" I know, but -”

“Greg, you don’t understand, I can’t shift. I can’t, please don’t - holy fu- ll house!” I scream as another rib breaks.

" It would be less painful if you didn’t think so much about it.”

" Greg, don’t let me . . .” I whisper as tears roll down my cheeks,” I can’t do it again.”

" Why ? As long as I hide it from your father, nothing bad will happen.” He says.

" Greg, please.” I lean on my knees as I grab my head.

I hear footsteps come closer before I am enveloped in a calming warmth.

" Don’t beg, it’s unbecoming.” He whispered in my ear.

The instinct that was pushing me to shift was dulled and the migraine dissipated. I felt my bones realigning and it took too long for me to regain my senses and realize that Greg was hugging me.

I shove him away with great difficulty,” I didn’t ask for a hug!”

" Well, it stopped your shift, didn’t it, low breed?”

And we are back to that nickname . . . great.

557 words

0