Chapter 18: Bed Buddies
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

" Really ? You have to think about your answer ?” He asks.

" I’m not thinking about it, I’m thinking about which order to list it in.” I mutter.

He glares at me as I turn to face him,” Okay, first reason: I hate you.”

" That’s not -”

" Second reason: I don’t want to ever be stuck with you. Third reason: I don’t ever want to be associated with you.”

" Come on, you’re - ”

" Fourth reason: you interrupt me a lot. Fifth reason: I don’t really have any more, I just think it’s fun pissing you off because when you’re angry you look like a constipated toddler.” I smile.

" You’re so -”

My phone suddenly lights up and its vibrations interrupt Greg as I answer it.

" Hello, you’re speaking with Lucy.”

" Wow, that’s really formal, you didn’t check to see who was calling before answering ?”

I pull my phone away from my ear to see Nathan’s contact information on the screen,” Oh, hi again.” I smile.

" Yeah, I know I must seem clingy for calling twice in one night, but the connection must have been pretty bad earlier because the call ended before I finished talking.”

" Yeah, sorry about that.” I say feeling a tinge of guilt swirl around in my stomach.

Greg glares at me.

" So anyway, how is movie night, are you past the werewolf scenes ?” He asks jokingly.

" Y-yeah.” I murmur as Greg’s glare intensifies.

" Too bad, I really love werewolves.” He says before adding,” It would be so cool if they were real.”

I laugh awkwardly,” Oh, really ? I never really liked them that much.”

" Too bad, maybe I can get you to like them with a movie marathon.” I hear shuffling in the background,” Hey, uh, sorry for the short phone call. I gotta go now, love y -”

" Shut up, ya sap!” Greg snatched the flip phone from my hands and chucked it at the wall before Nathan could finish speaking.

" Why?” I ask harshly,” Every time.” I mumble,” This is why I can’t have nice things.”

I get off the bed to pick up the phone, which didn’t smash to pieces this time. Greg suddenly stands up and places his hands on either side of my waist.

" I don’t see why you would have your hands there, unless we were about to do the tango, and I don’t hear music. So either let go or I'll make the other side of your face match the one I punched earlier.” I glare at Greg.

" Does he hold you like thi -”

I wiggled out of his grip and kicked him in the solar plexus, knocking the wind out of him, before grabbing one of his feet and jerking it out of under him, causing him to fall onto the floor.

" Stay.” I say before taking one step forward and tumbling on top of him. I look back at my ankle and notice that he had grabbed it to trip me on purpose.

" I’m not a dog.” He mutters.

I push myself off of him and stand up before picking up my phone.

I step over him and jump onto my bed,” I’m going to bed.” I say,” Leave before sunrise.”

" What if I want to sleep too ?” He asks.

" The floor looks just fine. Or you could, you know, go back to your room and sleep on the bed on the side of the house you’re supposed to be on.” I say,” Just a suggestion.

I see him walk to the light switch and flip it off before I hear him shuffle around and sit down with a thud on the ground.

" Going back ?” I ask.

" No.” I hear him grunt.

" Well, sleep tight.” I sing.

" I don’t even have a blanket.” He grumbles.

" That’s not my problem.”

" Oh, that reminds me of the thing I wanted to tell you earlier!” He suddenly says.

" Wait until tomorrow, I’m tired.” I groan.

" It’s kind of -” He pauses before laying back down,” Yeah, I’ll just tell you tomorrow. There was something I wanted to confirm on my own first anyways.”

He shuffled around for a minute. The shuffling stops and there is a silence before Greg speaks,” Good night.”

I giggle and sigh,” Night.”

I fell asleep almost instantly that night, which is an accomplishment for me.

I woke up pretty early, because it was still dark outside, but the sky was tinged orange which indicated the sun was coming up.

I shifted around in my bed only to bump into something warm next to me. I turned around and glanced over my shoulder to see Greg sleeping in my bed, under the covers, without a shirt on.

805 words

0