Chapter 3: Disdained by father, Loved by mother
227 10 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The beautiful silver - white haired woman was called Mayna, she was the mother of the kid who Wulan reincarnated into and the third wife of the Moxin clan master.

He had a loving mother which kept him from even thinking of killing himself all these years. Mayna is an 8th level Magus Apprentice, she is regarded as one of the most powerful females in Gore sky city.

Wulan, in his past life, was an orphan who never had any parents or siblings. Wulan's only family was Lakiron, who was his childhood friend and his comrades.

They were always together through grief and joy, he made many friends in his journey but he never felt the feeling of having any parents nor thought that he would ever have one.

He was thinking: 'Since I merged with this boy's body and soul, wouldn't that mean we are one, and his family is also my family? I never had any parents in my past life, so should I be thankful that I now have a mother who loves me?'

Mayna ran towards him, worry written all over her face. When she was 5 meters away from Wulan, she suddenly jumped the last few steps with all her might and made a small hole into the ground. Her voice sounded panicked, as she shouted:

"WULAN, are you okay?! I went out to hunt a couple of beasts nearby yesterday. As I came back, I heard you were badly injured, what happened? Are you really okay?!!" 

Her sweet and motherly tone made Wulan's heart feel warm. He'd never had anyone who cared about him besides his friends. 

"A-ah, I am not injured anymore, mother! I broke through to the second level of Magus Novice, the pure energy helped me heal it." 

He stuttered a bit but was able to come up with an excuse which sounded reasonable.

Manya sighed in relief:

"It's true you're emitting the energy of a second level Magus Novice. It's great that you are ok. Now, tell me truthfully who was the one who injured you!" 

She said while feeling his strengthened energy. Wulan hid his Qi, only emitting his mana aura.

The kid would hide his injuries whenever he got bullied so that he wouldn't burden his mother. 

He knew that his mother would try to take revenge for him, but he never wanted to cause her any trouble.

When the kid had been injured yesterday, he wasn't able to secretly go into his yard like he always did. Many servants had seen him on his way towards his little house. 

He had been kicked out of the main family mansion of the Moxin Red clan by his father long ago. He had been given a little house in the mansions yard which was smaller than the servant's, while his step siblings lived in the big mansion.

Manya had tried to disagree with his decision, but to not cause trouble for his mother, Wulan had stopped her, resulting in his current residence.

 

"…."

He sighed inside with a joyful smile and said:

"Mother, I am perfectly fine and don't worry about the person who beat me up. I will be the one to get my revenge!" 

Manya was shocked by his words. Her face changed completely from a worried look to an astonished one. 

The previous Wulan who always looked down and never even dared to think about fighting back, the one she always had protected, now said something about revenge. Now there was a fire in his eyes that she never saw in there. 

Manya smiled with a somewhat joyous look. She was always worried that  he would do something stupid such as trying to commit suicide, so she always kept her eyes on him. 

She had tried everything she could to raise his level of status and might, but in this world, people who are strong enough ruled everything and she was not able to do much. Without her he would have been expelled from the main family long ago.

"It's great that you have broke through after 7 years of cultivating, but please don't do anything stupid. Your strength is still insufficient."

Manya's only worry was about his life, she didn't even care about his breakthrough that he made after 7 long years of cultivating.

"Don't worry mother, I am not foolish enough to go fight a person who is much stronger than me." 

Wulan was saying these words but in his heart he didn't truly mean it. He could defeat someone who was a couple of levels higher than him, with all the experience and knowledge from his past life.

After Manya confirmed his health, she told him:

"Go change your clothes and come to the mansion for breakfast. You should get permission from your father to go to the All Warrior academy. The All Warrior academy's new year starts in 2 hours time and you should be able to join it, now that you reached the 2nd level." 

She turned around and headed to the mansion.

Wulan had a memory of the All Warrior academy. It was an academy which taught Magus and Martial Arts in Gore city. Today was the date when the new students were tested and all subjects started for the academy. As the requirements for entering the academy were, to both be at least 15 years of age and a second level Magus Novice, he could now enter this school for Magus.

He didn't need to learn anything about Martial Arts nor Magus, but he needed to grasp the basics of how to use mana manipulation so he could adapt to this new essence.

"Alright mother, I will get ready immediately. I will see you in the mansion."

Manya frowned and said in a dissatisfied tone:

"Mother? You always call me mom. Why are you using such a distant word now?" 

Wulan who was blushing said in a forced tone:

"E-eh, I-I, I am sorry M-mom, I didn't notice that I was calling you mother."

He was stuttering all over, the Solar Martial Monarch was stuttering in front of someone. If anyone saw this their jaws wouldn't stay in the same place. 

Manya closed her eyes and smiled a little while walking out of the yard. 

....

He ran back to his small room. Wulan started to choose new clothes to make himself more presentable before making his way towards the big mansion of the Moxin Red clan.

As he walked towards the entrance, he was blocked by a man who had a long spear and was standing in front of the mansion. This man was emitting the energy of a 5th level Martial Apprentice, and from his energy Wulan could tell that he was close to becoming a level 6 Martial Apprentice.

This man was called Mifen, he was a guard of the head family of Moxin Red. He was one of the people which the clan master/ Wulan's father trusted the most. 

He spoke with a deep voice:

"Young master Wulan, why have you come to the mansion?" 

His tone showed the disdain attitude he had for Wulan, as he said the title 'young master' a mocking smile could be seen on his face.

Wulan didn't even bother to react to his petty tone.

"Hmm, in the morning I broke through to the second level of Magus Novice and I am supposed to get permission from my father to go to the All Warriors academy. My mother… ahem.. my mom told me to come to the mansion for breakfast today." 

He in a calm voice spoke back without even sparing a look at Mifen. 

The guard stared at Wulan with glaring eyes, then he sighed while saying:

"Yes! Your level seems to have reached the second level. Congratulations young master, if Lady Manya said so then you can go in." 

Mifen put his long spear down and opened the door to the big mansion for Wulan. 

He still had the attitude of disdain because even if Wulan broke through, it had taken him seven whole years. Well, people would naturally believe that he took all that time, but actually, it had taken Wulan only a single night to make the breakthrough that the kid wasn't able to accomplish for seven years. But nobody would believe something like that.

Wulan, like before, didn't even spare a glance at Mifen.

He went inside the big mansion. There were beautiful decorations everywhere, beautiful antiques and many other shiny things, although he had seen way more glamorous things in his past life.

In Front he saw a big table in the middle of the huge room where 8 people sat, including his mother. He slowly walked to the side of the huge table to greet her.

He narrowed his eyes, Wulan has seen all the other 6 people on the other side of the table in the memories of the kid. The two ladies, called Munan and Finor, who sat on the left side were his step mothers and his father's first and second wives. 

Next to each of the ladies sat their respective children. Beside Finor were a young man and girl, his stepbrother Hanwi and stepsister Lanlan.

The other two besides Munan were his two other step brothers. Ragran was the oldest of the children that the Moxin clan master had. The one next to Ragran was his younger brother and the second son of the Moxin clan master, Nagran. 

Their mother Munan had added '-ran' to the end of their names on purpose. She wanted them to be close siblings, but they were the opposite and fought every time to see who would be the next clan head.

And on the right side of the table sat Manya, the third wife Moxin clan head and his mother.

While he was greeting his mother he glanced at the head of the table. Seated there was a middle aged man with an expressionless face. Yet, when his eyes fell on Wulan his expression changed to a rather scornful look.

 

This person was the Moxin clan head, Molin, and he was supposed to be the father of Wulan's new body. The aura he gaved of was a peak level Magus apprentice. And although he was a long way from Magus Master, his energy was like a heavy weight that pressed on Wulan's body.

Molin suddenly spoke to him with a deep voice:

 I heard from your mother you broke through to the second level. It took you 7 years to reach this low level. Don't you feel ashamed at all?" 

When Manya saw that Molin was pressuring Wulan she angrily said:

"MOLIN, what are you trying to do, releasing your energy toward my son!" 

She quickly raised her and surrounded Wulan, a small barrier of mana.

"Hmm, I was just testing him. Why do you need to interfere when I am talking to him? He is also my son." 

Molin said with an icy voice.

"Your son? Huh? A son that you abandoned and threw into a lonely shack where he lived all on his own." 

She raised her voice while holding up the barrier around Wulan.

Wulan was astonished by how his mother defied his father, to protect him. Although he saw his mom stand up for him in the memories of the previous Wulan, he never saw her so angry at his father.

'I guess someone told her how badly her son was injured, when he came to his room. No, wait, I am the Wulan, I'm talking about, am I not?'

He didn't want his mother to get into any more trouble and was not strong enough to protect her right now. He raised his hand and touched his mom's shoulder while whispering.

"Mom, we didn't come here to argue with dad. Remember, I wanted to ask him for permission to go to the All Warriors academy."

Manya calmed down a bit after hearing Wulan's words and she put down her aura.

He then raised his hands and asked politely, while harboring deep anger for that father of his.

"Father, I came to meet you today because I want to join the All Warriors academy, like my step brothers. May I request your permission?"

His step siblings and mothers who were not even sparing a glance at Wulan, suddenly all looked his way.

His father was also shocked but he immediately raised his scornful voice:

"You want to go to the All Warrior academy with your measly talent..."

Before he could finish his words he sensed an hostile look from the left side of the table. Manya was just barely restraining herself from shouting at him.

"Yes, I want to join the All Warrior academy. I am already 15 years old and reached the 2nd level of Magus Novice so I am qualified." 

Wulan talked while holding his mother's shoulder more tightly to keep her from shouting at his father.

He could already guess that Manya had heard from the servants how severely he had been injured yesterday.

His father looked him in the eyes and once again said:

"Whatever, do as you wish, I don't think you could even pass the entrance test. With what you can do, you won't even get into the academy."

Wulan forced himself to voice a couple words which his heart did not want to say:

"Thank you father. I will try my best to enter the academy. I will be going now. I am sorry that I disrupted your breakfast." 

Before He could walk out, his mother said with a soft voice. 

"Since you're already here and I told you that you can eat breakfast here today why don't you join us?"

Wulan didn't have any reasons to refuse, so after seeing that there was no disapproval from his father who would usually not allow a tras, to be near them, he sat down on the chair next to his mother's. 

                                          To be continued.

5