Chapter 6: hunting exam (1)
154 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The whole scenery changed the moment Wulan went through the portal. It was green everywhere Wulan looked, trees, flowers, bushes, you could see many different kinds of plants.

A dimensional space could only be made by someone who had the strength of a Royal or even higher. Well, this small space could not be compared to the spaces which Wulan casually made in his past life but Wulan liked how it looked.

While he was admiring the beautiful scenery the other students already grouped up and started running into the forest so that they would be the first one to slay a beast. 

Though he also really liked his surroundings, he was actually just waiting for the others to leave so that he could concentrate and scan the surroundings with his Qi.

Suddenly a voice rang out from behind him. It was soft at the same time seductive: "Oh if it isn't Wulan, I never thought you would be able to reach the second level, hehe."

Wulan recognized the person from the voice alone, it was something that was deeply imprinted into this body and there were many memories of this person: 

Nana, the bitch who probably sent her lover to beat the old Wulan to death. 

The girl who was his fiancé for 15 years and the person who broke the engagement and the heart of the kid with it. She was probably in the middle of the crowd so he didn't get a chance to spot her.

"Hmm" Wulan ignored her. He didn't feel like talking with this petty child. 

When Nana saw him ignoring her, she was astonished. Even though she broke her ties with him the old Wulan loved her, he loved her so much that he didn't even notice Luna's love for him.

Whenever Wulan saw those memories he would feel bad. Nana just played this good and honest kid. 

She used him for all kinds of things, he had to run her errands and do all of her biddings. 

The poor kid did all she asked of him, without complaining or anything but then, she found a better man and just tossed him away.

 He did all he could and in return he got a broken heart and was beaten half to death by her new lover.

As Nana noticed that he didn't react, she felt that it looked awkward and uncool and didn't want to embarrass herself with her group so she immediately turned around while waving her black hair.

 "Tsk, let's go. This trash will get eaten by the first beast he sees anyway." She said mockingly while looking at the two girls who she teamed up with.

"Yeah, he just broke through to second level, he probably can't even handle himself, not to mention fight a beast."

"Hehe, of course. I am more concerned as to why that genius Luna cares about this trash…"

The two girls started chit chatting while moving toward the south. Nana gave Wulan a disgusted glance and then ran after the other two.

'Sigh. Such a puny person…'

Wulan turned away from them and looked into another direction.

"You can come out now, you know."

Luna revealed herself and looked at Wulan with a bit of amazement, she didn't think he would notice her. 

'And here comes the next problem… well it is a way more pleasant one than that bitch but still… I already knew she would not give up on helping me out. Dang it, why are you so nice to this body who never returned your love for him? I really don't know how to deal with you! In my past life, I never knew anyone like you.'

In Wulan's past life, he never had someone who looked after him or protected him. As the Solar Monarch, he never needed someone like that, he was the one who was strong and looked out for others. 

But exactly because he never had someone like this, Luna's behavior had such a great impact but he also didn't know how to handle her.

'After all, I'm not even the person you fell in love with, I'm not the Wulan you used to know and used to love, so you are practically being that nice to a complete stranger you don't even know! Aaah.'

While Wulan was struggling with himself Luna approached him and asked with a sweet voice: "Are you sure you don't need my help, you will easily be able to pass if you team up with me."

'Kid, this is the sweetest girl I have met up until now, how the hell did you not fall for her? Are you an idiot?… If I think about it… Well, I have inherited this body as well as his memories. I already took his mother as my own mother…. there wouldn't be any harm in giving Luna the attention and affection she deserved from this dumb kid.'

{author: cringe paragraph, editor yami wrote that -_-...}

He turned around to her and spoke in a soft tone:

"Sigh, at least leave me one or two beast to defeat, if I can't do that much, I'm not even qualified to pass."

Her eyes lightened up a bit. Originally she wanted to use the method of passing the test while protecting him from the shadows. 

But he spotted her and she didn't know what to do if he rejected her help again, but luckily he didn't. Luna was happy because he finally accepted.

 She was sure that with her help he would be able to pass the test and they would go to the academy together. Just the thought that he would fail and not enter together with her saddened her.

Wulan and Luna walked north. It was the opposite direction from where Nana went, he didn't want to bump into her.

"Wulan why did you ignore Nana? I thought you loved her, even if she broke her ties with you, I didn't think you could just ignore her."

Luna asked curiously with an awkward tone. 

"Ah, her? Why should I pay attention to an a b*tch who only used me and tossed me away when she found another person? Of course I would rather be with someone who loves me. Besides, what did you want me to tell her? If I could go with her or what? I would rather have someone like you around."

"Oh", Luna was surprised by his words and she smiled a little. She turned her face away while blushing.

But Wulan didn't react to that, he was already thinking about what he should do to make the hunting easier. 

Since he couldn't do a massive search with his Qi because it would require a huge amount of energy, he had to find a different technique from the one he had used. 

Luckily he remembered a Qi detection technique that he made a long time ago which only required a small amount of Qi . 

(Shadow Tiger Eyes)

This was an orange rank Qi usage technique, it's a technique which he had made while he was bored. His hobby had been to make new techniques whenever he had free-time.

Martial techniques and Magus spells were divided into 9 smaller ranks:      White, yellow, orange, red, green, light-blue, dark-blue, violet, black - Martial-Technique / Magus-Spell. The ranks are divided into colors, the darker the color, the better is the spell or skill.

But that didn't mean that a higher rank skill/technique always needs more Qi/Mana, though that is normally the case. This skill, for example, is orange, so normally an Apprentice shouldn't be able to perform it. 

But it needs a very low amount of Qi this is how he made it to be. It's just a little hard to master but since it requires a small amount of Qi, even Wulan can use it. 

Wulan activated the red Qi in his essence sea cautiously so Luna wouldn't notice. He closed his eyes and concentrated on sensing his surroundings. 

He could sense the whole forest area 3 kilometers around him. This small skill he made could be considered legendary in this small city.

In the east, there were around 80 people. West had 20 people. North had 30 people and south had 50 people. There were around 20 beasts in the north. 

The space was 20km big in total. That was rather big, considering that the person who created it was only at the rank of Royal. The person probably specialized in space magic and was thus able to make such a great world.

 The creation of a world of this magnitude at the rank of Royal could be considered a masterpiece.

Wulan and Luna ran towards the north. As they were running Wulan suddenly grabbed Luna and stopped her a bit forcefully.

"Watch out, there are 5 people over there. We can't go to that side, let's go in the right direction, there are 3 beasts."

Wulan said cautiously. He didn't even notice that he had embraced her while stopping her. 

"Ah, how do you—"

Before she could finish her question Wulan slowly whispered into her ear.

"Please don't ask questions, okay? We should head there quickly or the beasts will already be dead when we arrive."

"..." she stared at him for a couple of seconds. But then she lightly nodded.

"Okay."

Wulan immediately released her after he noticed that he had unconsciously embraced her. He gave Luna a thankful smile and then they started to move again.

They ran into the right direction and after a couple of minutes running they came to a stop...

Exactly like what Wulan had said, there were 3 beasts. They were shaped like python snakes, but they were 6 feets tall. They looked a bit bluish.

These big snakes were called water-python. They were rumored to have the hardest scales from all of the Novice rank beasts. But they were still weak enough to get killed by second level Novice cultivators.

It has been how long? Maybe decades, since Wulan even thought of fighting these weak level beasts. He would usually go hunt for emperor rank beasts in his past life.

"Stand back Wulan! I will handle this, you try to keep distance so you don't get hit by their tail."

Luna became alerted, her eyes narrowed and she shouted while using her left hand to push back Wulan. 

Those beasts were no grave danger to a Magus, but three of them at the same time would be a big problem, especially for someone at the second level.

Wulan felt great comfort just from seeing her caring eyes. He then decided to not immediately attack like how he had planned and just stood there.

A blue light shot out from her body, it was the Magus' Mana. She wrapped that Mana around her delicate hand while saying:

"Mana enhancement"

Mana enhancement was one of the ways to use mana.

 This method lets you strengthen your muscles and increases your attack power for a period of time. It could not be compared to Martial Arts Qi enhancements but it was not lacking either.

She jumped at one of them and sent a punch toward the water pythons head. The python wasn't able to react in time and was heavily hit.

"Ccrack"

The water python's scale was torn to pieces and it was bleeding heavily. Luna retreated a couple of steps while getting ready for her second attack.

"Asrrrhg"

When the other two pythons saw what just happened, they were highly alerted. The python which got hit fell to the ground and after twitching for a moment, stopped moving entirely.

Wulan was not surprised at all, a Magus Novice would usually use Mana enhancement and other kinds of Mana usage until they could learn an element. But Luna's movements were pretty good considering that she was a Magus and thus not a fighter.

Then the second beast suddenly attacked her. The water pythons were pretty aggressive and they would attack any humans, but right now, they were even more aggressive, after all, one of them was killed right in front of their eyes.

Luna reacted quickly, she stepped to the side and evaded the attack of the python, she immediately counterattacked and kicked at it.

 It evaded, but right after, it got punched from the side and flew into a nearby tree. She used the kick as a feint and focused her Mana on her right fist, with which she then attacked. 

Wulan looked at her with admiration. Her movements were good, as was her tactic. 

'She is a genius Magus and a truly good fighter, she is kind, beautiful and a nice girl, how the hell did you not fall for her, kid? Hmm, where did the third one go? Well, it is going to attack me, right?'

Right. The python shot out from behind him. 

Turn. Evade. Punch. Grab. Grab. Twist. Snap Neck. 

These actions were taken in less than 3 seconds. Or to make it better to understand:

Wulan reacted without any delay, he turned around, from the angle from which the attack came he already recognized where he would hit him and stepped to the right side to evade. 

He used the momentum of evading and hit its head with his left fist while grabbing the now unconscious python with his right hand, he then grabbed the neck with his other hand and started to twist it.

"Snap"

Wulan now held the lifeless body of a dangerous python which sneak-attacked him three seconds before, in his hands. 

Wulan quickly shot a glance at Luna, but was relieved: 

'Puh, luckily she was taking out the hearts of the beasts and didn't see me. I will just take out the heart and keep it as backup, you never know what will happen, especially, since the rules of this test are kind of problematic.'

As he took out the heart, he thought about how to deal with the other people, after all, they would run into them at some point. 

'Should I just leave them alone? No, that's not the problem, the problem is that they won't leave us alone. Well, Luna is an outstanding talent and as I just witnessed, is a very good fighter, so I don't think that anyone of these people would be able to beat her one on one… And what about me? If someone attacked me? Hmm, I would…'

Suddenly Wulan heard the sound of something whistling through the air. The sound was very familiar to him:

 It was the sound of an object with high speed flying through the air, an arrow or a knife. He raised his guard, activated his essence and was ready to be attacked, but then he suddenly noticed: The attack wasn't aimed at him.

"Luna!"

                                           To be continued

4