Chapter 18: Magus and Martial Cultivation!
108 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A Magus who was affine to the Element of Fire was able to manipulate the molecules of his surroundings to create a fire, whether that would be a ball of flame in the air or a tree that was set ablaze. Most Magus were not aware of the chemical reactions for these processes that happened subconsciously, yet those aware of what they were doing were bound to be more powerful than those who weren’t. 

In Gore City, however, this was not known, as it was too far away from where the great Magus and Martial Artists, living on the stronger continents, were cultivating and conducting their research.

The old soul of this body had no idea about anything connected to the elements apart from their names. The Solar Martial Monarch, on the other hand, not only had great knowledge that surpassed nearly everyones, but he also listened to many detailed descriptions about Mana and the way of manipulation from Lakiron, who was the strongest Magus known in history. 

The manipulation and use of the specific elements. In theory, he knew what had to be done, but he could not use much of his wisdom because he had never been a Magus. So he could never do anything with that knowledge besides using it to find the weakness of Magus.

Now, with the Magistial Rex Essence, Wulan was finally able to use Mana. But he didn’t know how to utilize his knowledge to master the Fire element. 

He knew more about it than all the teachers in this academy together, however, he had been a Martial Artist for all his life, so he didn’t know how to fight like a Magus.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teacher Shi started to write into the air again and began his lesson.

“I will start from square one. In this world there is a special energy in the air all around us. This Energy is used in two different ways by the Magus and the Martial Artists. Martial Artists use Qi while Magus use Mana, it is the same energy but it is differently utilized.”

He wrote two words in the Air “Martial Artist” and “Magus”.

“Could you please name differences between a Magus and Martial Artist?”

One of the students raised her hand and started to talk after teacher Shi had nodded towards her.

“We Magus use what is called “Magic” to create Mana out of thin air and fight with those, like fireballs or lightning. Martial Artists on the other hand use their body strength, weapons and Skills empowered with Qi to fight .”

“Yeah! We are geniuses while they are just muscles for brains!”

Another kid blurted out and the class started laughing. After a short while the teacher made them quiet down and started to explain properly.

“You are not wrong, but there is a lot more to it. First of all I will talk about the difference in the way we cultivate.”

Teacher Shi took a deep breath to demonstrate it.

“Both take in the Energy in the air, that’s what we call cultivating. If a Martial Artist takes it in it is called “Qi”. This Qi will then flow into the heart and Essence and then start to circulate inside the body through the bloodlines. Through this process the body will get strengthened. And with these strengthened bodies they will fight in close combat with weapons and Skills. A Magus takes in “Mana”. The Mana will flow into the heart and Essence as well, but it will stay there and be stored. This Mana can be used to utilize “Magic” or rather, “Spells”. You see, already the way we take in the Energy is different from another and so is our way of fighting and our way of thinking.”

He put down his pen and the letters in the air vanished.

“Okay, I think that’s enough for that matter. You all already know this so we will start with the reason why you are truly here; to learn how to use the Fire Element.”

Teacher Shi faced his palm upwards and a fire started to burn on top of his hand. What circulated on top of his hand was a small ball of fire that was around 8 inches. It’s width could be smaller than normal (soccer) ball. The color of the ball was an bright red flames. It was like molten rock spitting out fire, the air makes it seem like it evaporated to the air. 

“Hm?”

Wulan looked at the flame and his eyes widened.

‘This… this flame… this flame is - weak? Is he not trying at all or what? Maybe he is trying to show them what they will be able to do soon, hmm, if I think about it, it’s a good idea…’

The teacher looked confidently at the flame and with a smile on his face he told the class:

“If you work hard, you will be able to do something like this, after you graduate. Well, it may be difficult for you, but if you work hard, you will be able to do it. Don’t be discouraged if your first time fail!”

He picked up the pen again and started to write.

“Magic is something that is hard to understand and even harder to explain. So I will try to make an example; You want to build something and there are many different building blocks, now you have to try to put them all together the right way, to build what you wanted to create. Magic is the same, through your knowledge of how the world works you can envision something and create it, the deeper your understanding is, the stronger what you create will be.”

Wulan was already shaking his head.

‘This isn’t really a great explanation but whatever.’

Teacher Shi continued:

“If you want to create fire, there are three major aspects you need; Air, Fuel and great Heat. The great heat will ignite the fuel and a fire will be created, to continue bruning, the fire needs air just as well as fuel. We don’t know why it’s this way, but that’s just how it works.”

Wulan’s just couldn’t contain himself any longer and said:

“But the other Continents, for example the ‘Northern Hive’ continent has already researched deeply and already knows about how it works, so why does the Blue Sky Continent not?”

The teacher was stunned but after a short while he answered the question.

“Knowledge is power, especially if it comes to Magus, the deeper your understanding, the more powerful your spells. Why would a stronger continent share their knowledge with a place as weak as ours? That’s the problem of the research! We have such a long history, but we still don’t understand the world, because even if people understand it, they will keep it to themselves because it makes them stronger! Who would give someone else the wisdom to become more powerful?”

The voice became more and more emotional, after Shi noticed his outburst, he immediately stopped talking and did as if nothing ever happened. 

‘It seems that this place is even more behind everything else, than I originally thought… I’m unable to learn anything here, so what do I do?’

Having the memories of this body he knew the Central star continent was not known to this region. If he said the Central star, Teacher Shi would’ve been confused. It was called the Unreachable land, they heard news of the place from here but never have they seen it. The reason was there was space dimensional intercepting the Central stars from other continents. 

Wulan had all this knowledge but firstly, he didn’t know how to use it and secondly, he didn’t truly understand it. He could remember the things that he was told, but because he never tried to, he couldn’t really comprehend it. 

He closed his eyes and started to focus intensely. He blocked all the unnecessary things like the other students, the teacher’s blabbering and even the breathing of everyone. He shut his senses and ignored everything to get into a state of mind where he could focus to the extreme.

He tried to remember the things that Lakiron and all the exceptional Magus and great experts had mentioned during one of their long discussions about Mana and Qi.

‘The world consisted of very small parts of which everything was composed. Those parts could stick together to assemble the most miraculous forms. It was them that allowed for plants and animals and even beasts and demons. A Magus was able to manipulate their shape and form or rather he was able to change how they were connected to one another using Mana.’

They had never gone into more detail, probably because they didn’t know better themselves. This, however, was far more than even the most educated and wise, living in this remote place, was aware of, let alone comprehended. 

So how could a normal teacher in the academy of a weak city know much about it, if it was a mystery even to the greatest geniuses of all time.

Teacher Shi had mentioned fuel, air and great heat. He knew that this was an incomplete explanation, but as he was lacking a better one, he always described the process to the students that way. For Teacher Shi, this was enough to create fires. He understood that his knowledge was limited, though this didn’t apply to all the inhabitants of this continent, especially those who never left it or those powerful, for they were too ignorant to grasp their weakness. They were like frogs looking at the sky from the bottom of a well.

Wulan started a new approach. He couldn’t comprehend the level of what he was enlightened to from these geniuses, so he tried to add his knowledge to what he was told by teacher Shi, that way he should be able to understand it. That was Wulan’s idea to learn about Mana and Elements. 

‘Air, Fuel and great Heat, he said that was what was needed to create a fire… Now then, should I try to edit this concept, maybe that will help me understand it. First of all, wrong, the air is not involved in the creation of a fire, rather, only the oxygen in the air is necessary. And about the fuel, everything that can be burned can be used as fuel, but ”

Time quickly flowed by as Wulan had succumbed himself into his own thoughts.

{Author: you will get notified everyday if you join my discord server on the synopsis..  }

                                       To be continued.

3