The work of runes
84 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Five months later I was ready to perform the enchantment that I have been striving for all this time, I wanted to connect a vanir headset that I bought to the chip that I have in my neck. I had planned it so that the visor of the helmet accesses the information which is in my tablet.

My tablet was not ideal for forays into the forest or for combat, so I had decided to order a blacksmith is an adaptable helmet that stows away in a crown when open. The visor of this helmet was provided with crystal lens to protect the eyes, thanks to that I could be delighted it is lens that would not have been magic crystals it would not have been possible I think for what I know. The runes for this work were quite complex it has taken a long time until now to learn all about these runes.

Each rune had a very specific role and it was four in number:

1 - Blood Binding Rune (so that the helmet can only be used by me)

2 - Connection rune (so that the chip and the headset are connected)

3 - Rune of illusion (For information to be displayed on crystals)

4 - Rune of magic protection (To prevent magic interference)

The third one I got was inspired by an artifact I saw in the library, this object was the index to this one. It was used to search for a particular book or topic in the vastness of the entire room. The helmet will not necessarily be perfect because I don't have the experience of a master far from it and on top of that I only took five months to perfect my use of the runes. I would improve it over time, after my runes were engraved I would compile all the data that I could recover on the flora and fauna and transfer them to my chip.

With my helmet I could recognize all the plants and animals that I come across like that, and thanks to that I will be able to harvest the one that costs the most for the plants and know about the animals if there is a fight. In addition I could store my tablet without paying attention to what breaks in each fight. When I went into the woods for my excursions I would just have to bring my mask and my lance with a bag to collect the weeds.

My companions left a week ago for their initiatory journey, they were taken to a creature forest to learn how to survive in nature. Their respective master will be watching them so I shouldn't worry so much but hey they are my children. Cuau is with a falconer and his mount in the mountain to learn things that she has never known with his people. Necalli is with a druid and his companion to learn about nature and the techniques of rangers but also the druidic ways.

The bond that united us all allows us to know that others are healthy, our bond has improved a lot in recent months. As we all improve, our bond strengthens with our common energy. We can be much further away from each other without our link getting closed, it can only send short signals when we are far away but the signal is stable.

They were the ones who decided to train so that they too would get stronger, I'm sure they thought they had become a burden. I always told them he would never be a burden but he doesn't listen, they blame each other for being too weak and we are afraid that I will leave without them. Their feeling and their determination was foolproof I tried everything yet I will not force them to stay with me if they want to become strong that they do it I would not be one of those parents who overprotects these children in addition to that will slow down their growth.


For each rune I put on the helmet it took all of my focus and energy, for each one I had to rest and recover my energy. It took a long time to finish this job, burning runes is a complex and energy intensive job. I don't know how some artefacts are made because I have seen rune works so complex that the person who made them must be very powerful and with extraordinary rune mastery.

After my helmet I had to connect my spear with my essence through my blood so that no one would use it and for it to always come back to me. Because of that I could fight or hunt with peace of mind, my martial arts lessons were very interesting. I can say that before I saw any real fighter in action, I was a little fish in a puddle. This is how I learned a lot about myself but mostly about the handling of the spear, how to use it in combat like a real spear and not like a common stick.

I wouldn't say I'm the mesher but I really have a knack with this spear it's like it just came to me, I just needed someone to show it to me once and I was holding it back pretty easily. All in all for the basics and my trainer told me that I should fight real enemies to improve myself, trained fighters would be ideal for perfecting my technique. I had planned a little trip to the mountains to train and collect some useful things in this one and if I find something useful I could bring them back.

My companions are part of a training trip so I should do the same or I won't be able to look them in the face I think. They are doing everything to be stronger so I am going to go to this mountain and fight some bandits. The bandits are scoundrels who take advantage of the weak, they are the same as the kree. They always attack in numbers to steal from poor people, girls are only worse around them I learned the ones they would do to them when they get caught and I hate that.

When I was done getting ready I went to find Otr to let him know about my trip, I also had to tell my manager so that the school wouldn't worry. Once it was done I headed out of town. My direction was the mountain because I inquired with one of the guards of the city to have information on these bandits. He told me that there was some different group, only one was small enough for me to take care of it gradually because the other was either way too big or way too strong to go on its own.

The group I was targeting were called the Jotun Worshipers, the Vanir who thought they were originally born from the Jotun and should serve them. I learned that they are not totally wrong because yes they vanish and desire them from the origins that come from the ice giants but they should not necessarily listen to them. Giants are heartless monster who would do everything for their purpose.

2