34. Emergency meeting
46 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

34. Emergency meeting

A messenger bird appeared in the camp this morning, a message asking us to repatriate all the staff to the city. The return trip was much more hectic, many carts were also on their way to the same destination. Every person they passed on the road had a moody face, izel had never experienced real war and didn't know what war could do to people. The children's faces were full of circles, the fear must have given them nightmares; war has always put civilians to the test. There were about 30 carts that followed in a line, the road was not wide but no problem for this kind of cart that was designed for that.

The bandits continued their raids but with so many people, it could not do much damage with so many guards protecting the convoy. All the people on this road were in solidarity with each other, the surveillance was divided by all the guards of each small group that formed the convoy. The march lasted a few days, the fatigue was on every face, the horses also began to be visibly exhausted. Everybody wanted to get to the city as soon as possible, so the decision was made to rest as little as possible to be safe before the war.

When they arrived in front of the city gates, they saw that the preparations were almost finished, things were accelerating since they had received the message from the minister. If they increased their efforts to finish quickly, it was because they must have received news from the king, and the group of Izel had to separate. Izel and his children were at the association, the soldiers who were with him had to go to the barracks to receive their order. His master was waiting for him in front of the association, a message had been sent to him to warn him of the arrival of his pupil. He was waiting for her because all the healers had to gather together, his master told him the news of the king and she was not happy. The aesir had begun their landing on vanaheim, because of the bifrost their deployment was very fast.

Her master didn't hide any information from her because it could be vital on the battlefield. The freshest information was that they had attacked a city west of here, the king's elite guards were already on the planet. Luckily for them the valkyrie and the king had not yet arrived, the elite was often on the warship, the valkyrie was on their winged horse. The Valkyrie horses were winged creatures much faster than ships, they could even defend themselves if they were attacked. A very powerful warrior, the vanir did not understand why she still listened to the orders of a people who relegate housewives to the home.

During the meeting of healers the plan was set up to divide the healers into groups, so that the healings could be divided by area. Most of the healers didn't know how to fight, so they stayed behind in the city. They had to set up clinics all over the city, the healers who could defend themselves were in charge of healing the soldiers on the battlefield, izel was in this group. Everybody had to restock their supplies prepared their business to be ready. When the bell of the ducal palace would ring, everyone should be at his post, each person had to set up their clinic. Izel had already prepared everything at the hostel so he went to rest a little in his room. For him if his energy was not at the maximum it could endanger the health of the soldiers later.

All over the city, the families locked themselves in their homes, some soldiers were on guard on the city walls, he was getting ready to defend the city and the citizens who lived there. Their family, their friend lived in this city, if he couldn't defend the city walls then their whole city would fall. Each house had armed its strongest or most competent inhabitant. The magician and the enchanter lit the city walls, runes lit up on the wall surrounding the city. The scout was sent to the surroundings to see if the enemy was there, in the watchtowers keeps them watching the sky to detect the bifrost ray. They were waiting for a rainbow ray to sound the alarm. The tension mounted in the faces of each of the duke's soldiers, he was on his horse to lead the troops as soon as it was necessary.

Cuau was with izel on the wall, waiting for the first wounded to arrive to go to the front. A garrison of soldiers was waiting near the city gates, protected by the wall, making final preparations. Their respective captain gave them an encouraging speech, each soldier knew why he had to win, for what value he was fighting. Izel saw all this with a curious and a little tense eye because he had never experienced a big battle like this before, the landscape was calm if you take away all the noise of the city, at the height where he was he could hear the armor of the soldiers knocking on the ground.

Far away in the sky a ray approached this planet, this ray sent a blessing for some but a calamity for others. The closer it gets to the atmosphere this vanaheim, the closer the time of war approaches. In the watchtower, the guards were with their binoculars observing the sky when they saw a beginning of rainbow light in the distance, they immediately rang the alarm bell. The sound of the alarm was transmitted to the city where a larger bell was set up, the person who was in the bell tower immediately rang the city bell. When people heard the alarm, everyone was tense at the minute.

The lord's orders were amplified by magic throughout the city "PREPARE, THE ENEMY IS AT OUR DOOR. WE ARE NOT GOING TO LET THEM WIN, WE ARE GOING TO WIN, PROTECT OUR FAMILIES, WHEN THE RAY HITS THE GROUND WE WILL ATTACK".

When the Duke's speech was over, the troops went outside the walls, the magic cannons were loaded like ballista. Rangers were in front of the city, the horsemen were ready to launch the charge after the guns were fired. The beam made contact with the ground, a jolt traveled the distance to the city. The beauty of the beam was undeniable for izel, he wondered how such a beautiful thing could bring so much destruction with them. When the beam disappeared an army was disposed in its place, an army that will give the vanir a twist according to their number.

 

1