37 . Repercussions of the battle
41 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

37 . Repercussions of the battle

The damage caused by the battle was enormous, with bodies strewn across the plain between the city and the woods. The enemy army had gone out of sight after their retreat, their bifrost had teleported them through the ray in no time. In about ten minutes there were no more souls living in the enemy camp. For hours, the healers tried to heal as many people as possible, the soldiers gave first aid, which did not require a thorough knowledge of medicine. The ground near the walls was filled with craters, the place would take a long time to recover. The duke had to be escorted to his palace for the chief doctor to give him more thorough care, the damage on his body was quite serious as well. The role of the chief physician of the duchy was to heal the ducal family, he was the best doctor in the region for a good reason.

Izel was a little rested since the beginning, he finished the last care on the soldiers. One thing he did was to recover some talisman that was on the asgardien, he even recovered a staff of one of the soldiers that will not serve him anymore considering their condition. A symbol was on the ground where the arrival radius of the bifrost was touching, the symbol was inscribed by burning the ground. The symbol written on the ground was really complex, particles of exotic energy were still present in the ground at that place. His instinct was to get close to this energy, and he was pushed to absorb it into his body, so he was put in a meditative position in the middle of the symbol.

His energy, which was already his body, connected with the symbol, and a strange phenomenon occurred at that moment. The symbol shone very brightly, the exotic energy condensed on his left wrist. When the exotic energy is finished from this condensed energy, a crystal is pushed on his wrist, and after five minutes the crystal has finished forming. A tattoo that looks like the symbol of the bifrost was engraved around the crystal, the rest of its energy infiltrated into the tattoo in a few seconds. When all this is over and he has had time to rest, he will have a lot to look for in the books in the library. Between the crystal and his holy soul which absorbs the energy of the soul during the battle, all the mysteries that have appeared in his body recently are really strange.

While he was getting used to his energy which changed a little bit, he saw villagers gathering the bodies of friendly soldiers and putting them in carts. Many journeys were before his eyes, many carts were going back and forth between the city and the battlefield. Izel's curiosity was piqued to know exactly what they were doing with the bodies, so he stopped a man to ask him for answers. The man's answer was that he was going to be prepared for the mortuary ceremony that was going to happen tomorrow night, after a vigil they will be driven to the time to participate in their last journey. The ceremony will take place at the great temple of the city, important people and people who fought in the war will be invited to participate.

The bodies of enemies were put in a warehouse in the city, they are indeed enemies but the dead are respected by both sides. They will surely be exchanged for either captives or for advantages, the asgardian has such respect for the dead in battle that he would give anything to get them back. The vanir seemed to understand this fact because they took good care of the bodies. A messenger from the palace came to deliver a message to izel, the message indicating that he had to present it to the palace. The Duke's butler had to receive him in front of the pleasures so that he could easily return home, he followed the messenger by climbing on necalli, cuau followed him but she was flying over him.

In front of the palace the guards were tense, they observed all the people who passed in front of the buildings with great care. The butler greeted izel with a smile, which surprised izel because he thought that this man did not like him at all. His little pirouette to help the Duke must have earned him some points with this man. While guiding him, the butler was observing him to see if he was well, he had heard new rumors about this young man. The halls were filled with servants who were busy with their business, and the half victory that the city had won allowed all the citizens to have a smile on their faces. The Duke received it in his office, he looked much better than all the others. The chief doctor was right behind him, which was very happy for izel because he had taught him a lot. The relationship between the two men was very cordial, the Duke made the young man sit down in front of him. The first thing he did was to thank him for his intervention during the fight, he also thanked her for helping his city when he was not a vanir. He was pleased because it is quite rare that another race takes care of the defense of another race, usually during this kind of battle the other race does not get involved in it because if he is in great danger.

Higin IV offered him a reward of his choice for all the services rendered, izel didn't know what he would want for the moment. The Duke told him that he had time to think about the reward he wanted, and he invited him to the feast of the dead that would take place in the great temple near the palace. The crystal on izel's wrist was spotted by the doctor that he was observing her, izel asked him if he knew who it was. The sorcerer took his wrist and inspected it, the crystal made him think of an elven storage ring. A rare enough artifact that the elf royalty owned that could contain a square meter of storage in a micro dimension. He couldn't say much more because one was not his specialty and two were extremely rare. He would have to do his own research to find out exactly what it was and how to use it.

After twenty minutes of discussion izel left the palace, he counted on going to the inn to sleep and see if Otr was okay. Even though with his mother watching him he should not have any worries. He missed his bed very much at this moment, his room was made in the attic above the barn so that he could be close to the children. Otr was doing well, a fraternal hug had been made when the two of them saw each other, a discussion between the two was short because they were both very tired. When his body touched his bed and his mind wandered directly into his dream, memories came after a few minutes of sleep. A warrior people who lived on a big block floating in the middle of space, a strange counter with many men fighting with swords. The life of this soldier consisted mostly of fighting, his wife was a very beautiful blonde woman with an extremely attractive figure. Never before a dream had given him so many feelings about a person, part of this soldier's feelings of lust for his wife invaded his unconscious.

 

2