54 . Rest and news from the front
25 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

54 . Rest and news from the front

When they arrived in the citadel they deposited the mission report, once done they all went home. Izel and the children arrived in front of their house, when they returned they saw that nothing had changed except for the dust on the furniture. A good cleaning can easily remedy this, Izel only wanted to go to bed. Everyone had their own bed to sleep in, and they did it right away when they got back to the room. They woke up that twenty-four hours later, the sun had made a full revolution and it lit up their faces and that's what woke them up. When they woke up, they went to eat at Hierdman's Inn to eat with her son Otr, Rose may have known that they had returned. Izel missed Rose, he didn't remember their night together but he always felt responsible, with the time spent with her he had created some feeling between them.

At the hostel there was no Pink but Otr told her that she knew they had returned to the citadel, she would come later in the week to see them. They started to eat while waiting for the opening time of the followers' association, they wanted to find out about the progress of the war with precise and accurate information. Time has passed since the beginning of the war, things must have been going well during all this time. The last time they had news, a preventive attack had taken place in the capital, no damage had occurred but it was simply because he wanted to test their defense.

_________________________________________________________________________

Nothing had changed in the association, it has remained unchanged for a long time, it has known many wars and nothing makes it change. The wise men were almost all in meeting, only the wise man of enchantments was present and that fell well for Izel because he has a great confidence in his master. So he went to him for information, when he arrived, as always his master was working on a new artifact. Seeing him in such concentration was instructive for him, because he saw how he could be when he was in the same state and it was not very pleasant for others but especially anyone could attack him in this state. He should find an artifact to warn him or at least try to engrave alarm runes on a ring.

He had to wait for his concentration to be reduced to call his master, interrupting an enchanter during his work can be very dangerous both for him and for the person who interrupts him. After ten minutes the enchanter is returned and addressed to him:
"So you've finally come back, how was your journey?"

"Yes master, I came back, a very good trip, we found a lot of things that we brought back."

" Interesting, did you have access to the library in the capital? In my youth I was able to travel to the land of the elves to deepen my knowledge of the runes."

"Exactly, the access was granted to me by the queen, I don't know why I got it, but I'm not going to complain."

"You know elves have diplomats in all nine kingdoms, they have knowledge that others don't suspect. The reports they get in their capitals are very accurate."

"Do you think they know about a little human like me?"

"A human who lives on vanaheim is already very rare, so a human who's very promising like you is even rarer."

"Okay if you say so, I don't understand why people I don't know pay so much attention to me, but I'm not going to try to understand."

"Diplomatic affairs are complicated for everyone, don't worry. In any case, some information has arrived so far, news about the war. I have good news and bad news, which one do you want first?"

"The bad news, at least I can comfort myself with the good."

"The bad news is that we suffered a great defeat in the capital, King Bor and those valkyrie led the charge on the royal army. The army suffered many losses, the asgardians when King Bor attacked exceeded the expectations of the royal army. Diplomats from both sides are currently discussing to see how both parties can get the ones they want."

"And the good news is what? 'Cause right now I don't see which ones might be right."

"The good news is that the Asgardian king was wounded during the assault, and no one's seen her leave the palace since. Good news for all of us, because the prince will take some time to become credible as a king. Crown Prince Odin is still young but he will have very good advice to teach him, but it will take time, time for us to be at peace and prepare."

"That's very good news, Bor looked like a conquering king that could benefit everyone if he doesn't get up. Is the prince more noble? “

"I couldn't say, the king hid this young prince in Asgard, few people could have had any information about him. But it could not be worse than Bor in my humble opinion, according to but information the young prince wants to marry our princess because he finds her immensely beautiful, I think that the treaty which the diplomat is negotiating she must also be a part of it."

"I couldn't condone arranged marriages, in my opinion, for this kind of discussion between kingdoms doesn't count. I don't feel that this opinion is shared by many."

"You know, izel the kingdom has always had this kind of practice of tightening diplomatic relations, in the human tribes if my memory serves me right it happens like this very often and you'll see when your civilization advances it would happen more and more often."

"If I ever create my country I would forbid it, I think, because it can do a lot more harm than good in my opinion. “

"You're still young and the human culture also when you watch a lot of your opinions will change."

The discussion continued for an hour about their opinions on various topics, they talked about enchantment as well because it was this topic that brought them both together. The data that izel was able to bring back from alfheim was very useful for his master, thousands of books were scanned by izel, he wanted to share them with the person he had taught him all about enchantment. His master was ecstatic about all this knowledge, Izel left him a copy on a crystal so that he could study them quietly and improve his elven knowledge. After this meeting with him, Izel left to meet his friends. He must have been towards the inn, he couldn't wait to see pink because he had missed her, he hoped that she would be well. The feelings he had for her began to grow with time, he would never have thought that he would have this kind of feeling for such an angry girl.

 

1