56. The beginning of the garden
18 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

56. The beginning of the garden

Pov de izel

Today I learned a great news for this world, King Bor died from these wounds. I was told that the royal burial ceremony was fantastic and sublime, the king's body was placed on a golden boat and then pushed into the sea surrounding Asgard, when the boat was far enough the warriors of Asgard but also the young prince took their bows, lit their arrows in a blaze and shot their arrows into the boat to make it catch fire. After a few minutes the body of the king evaporated in gold dust which flew into the sky. The purpose of this ceremony was to guide the deceased to Valhalla, the king is a warrior, so a place was reserved for him among his fallen comrades before him. The sadness of the people was palpable, the loss of a king filled with glory for the people who admire the strong warriors. Prince Odin was in front of everyone, a few words were said by this young man about his father but especially about what he would do as the new king of this people.

The good mood that ran through me gave me energy, the thing I had to do today was to go to the association. One of the wise men had asked me to give a court to some young man who wanted to start in rune engraving, due to his youth the wise men had asked him to show them some rune to interest them. Young people are not my thing but I should make a little effort for the association after all they taught me. My master always told me that knowledge is meant to be shared, especially ideas can come by teaching young people like him with me which gave him many new ideas. As I walked to the room where the children are staying, I heard them talking and they looked enthusiastic about their playground. As they walked through the door the children calmed down immediately, he didn't seem to know that I would be so young, their usual teacher must have been an old man as always. The class went rather well in the end, teaching them some low rune was refreshing for me, I taught them some rune of light or energy storage. I even showed them a way to cast spells by drawing runes in the air with his finger to impress them and interest them in pursuing this path, the path of enchantment.

This way of casting spells I found while trying to learn the runes I draw it in the air with my fingers to visualize the one I wanted to learn, I tried to infuse energy into my hand and activate the rune these. At that time I discovered a new path for me, a path that has not been seen yet in vanaheim. The spells were generally less powerful but very diverse compared to other systems of magic. After a long training and to enter the gestures in my muscular memory, the runic spells became second nature to me. The runic spell that I use the most is the cleaning spell, every morning and every time I feel the need.

Let's go back to the children, the class was supposed to last one hour but I've been showing them for two hours what we can do with runes. I asked them to practice carving runes on wooden boards at home if they wanted to practice and if they wanted to learn more, they should go and ask a master to teach them. As I left the room, I saw the curiosity in the children's eyes, the same look I had when I discovered the runes and their effects.

End of izel's point of view

Once he reached the end of the corridors, he left the building to go to the administration room to indicate that the mission was over for today. This mission had to be carried out every month if he was present in the citadel, one hour of class per month to show the young student what he could learn. This mission was remunerated by gold coins, it is not a huge sum but it is still money each coin is important. He had to go to see the training of otr to his alchemy workshop, when he entered the workshop strange smells were attracted in his nose, following the smell he found otr leaning on his cauldron. Of course he had to wait for his friend to finish preparing his potion or whatever he was preparing. The two men, once reunited, talked about what they were going to do in the following weeks, a work that he had wanted to design together for a long time, a garden with trees and various flora that he had brought back from their trip. They also wanted to begin their experience with this tree, or he wanted to test them in his alchemy or even improve them with it, Izel wanted to test the various energies he had acquired on some of these trees to see which ones would happen.

That's how it all started for their big experimental garden, the two of them bought a large area of agricultural land near the city from the Duke to design their garden. The laboratory is located near the inner city walls. They started planting in their building, in pots they started to plant their seeds and made them grow faster for some and let them grow at their own pace so that it wouldn't change the results of their experiment. Over time they tried several things, at the same time they planted some of their tree that had a nice size to be put outside. Their growth must have been helped by the infusion of energy at first because the atmosphere of vanaheim lacked the energy of nature to make it optimal but with time the trees were able to grow by their own means. The young children and some adults came to play or walked under the tree and this filled the atmosphere with happiness, the two young boys had of course let people access the place but he had put up a small sign to explain that one should not climb the tree until it was big enough to support it.

The experiments they conducted on the shrubs were productive because izel had managed to create a fire-resistant plant that could be really useful for many things, Otr discovered a plant that could filter a very large amount of water, the Duke had ordered about twenty of these trees to be planted towards the springs that allowed the city to drink water all year round. They had earned funds for their laboratory as well, and rose passed by their laboratory often enough to make them think about resting and eating a little because the two men were too focused on their work. Sometimes she would take izel along so that they could spend time together, where he hasn't found his half yet but it shouldn't be long now as there are so many girls hanging around her thanks to all the work they had done with izel.

2