60 Research and reverse engineering
19 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

60 Research and reverse engineering

At the end of the fight, this year's champion was elected by his victory, the cousin of the great master to win and he would question his title next year when the final takes place. Every year the challenger would fight with the former champion to try to take his place, the current champion had won twice so far. Dinner was extended some ten minutes after the end of the main bout, the evening approached and izel retired to his hotel room so that he would be well rested for the next day's research. When Cuau got to her bed, she climbed up to the foot of the bed to rest, she had become much smarter than before, she could deduce a lot of things about people or places she didn't know before. She made decisions that were often very good, her knowledge of people's nature still amazed her.

The other day, when they were walking in the streets of this city, Cuau had spotted some malnourished children, she had beckoned to Izel so that he would notice them and help them. Cuau was the most motherly creature he had ever seen, she always wanted to help everyone without distinction, except for the vile people, and she was becoming intractable. She had already put a man lower than the ground because of his behavior with children, this man hit a child and his cuau could not accept it under any circumstances. She had been taking care of this child for months until he was well enough to take care of him. Izel would have dreamed of having a mother like her, his mother was also like that but he didn't take enough advantage of her moments that seemed so far away from him now.

Izel could also be a protector but only with his family and friends because he didn't really have a people to govern as the Duke could do or even a people to guide or protect, his project to found his own kingdom came to him more and more often. The desire to marry also but that would have to wait until his return, Rose would surely be delighted by his change of point of view, he who wanted to wait to marry because he found it too restrictive. Things change and so do opinions, even if some change faster than one might think. Izel and Rose were in communication as soon as he had the time to do so, because each had their personal obligations.
_________________________________________________________________________

Waking up, the two friends prepared for their hard week in the scrap metal, it was well reported as much unknown technology as possible. The biggest job was to avoid being killed by scavengers, so Izel's safety was to make sure that he would not be concentrated enough to do it himself, like a child in front of these toys. A huge pile of scrap metal that could conceal unfathomable mystery or disappointment, but the mystery is there when you don't know what's inside. During the next few days they went to the new playground in izel, rummaging through the metal they found something small but nothing exceptional. Pieces of ships of various races that have traveled the universe, races that for the moment do not present any technological particularity.

In front of him was a Kree vessel carcass, looking a little in the rubble for a Kree armor to dig up, izel did like all the other times he quickly stored this object in his crystal. Continuing his search he found many other things like a kind of capsule with strange pipes running through it, it looks like a genetic technology or some kind of incubator but for which creature exactly it was foreign to him. Later, while studying it he found some data in the capsule's computer, DNA was stored in a microchip, and while studying this DNA he realized that it looked like kree dna, at least at the same level of evolution. The big difference is that this DNA had a lot of modifications that could not have taken place in nature, very strange as if someone had made his modifications over generations. Quite fascinating for the research on his own people who had also been modified but in a much more botched way, this could improve the chances for these descendants and the descendants of the inhuman to have mutations much more stable than what would normally happen.

The armor was quite bland in comparison to the DNA, the metal that composed it was an alloy of different metals, only one metal was particularly interesting they were called gravitonium it allowed to slightly manipulate gravity. On the armor it was used to reduce the weight of the armor but also to facilitate the movements in the space, it was going to use this alloy to improve his combat outfit to have easier movements in the aerial combat or when he will fly with cuau. This research continued for a long time, he made weekly reports on those he had discovered so far, a detailed report on the alloy, the report was mainly pointed to the metal that was gravitonium and on the probable uses he could imagine. He made no report on the sarcophagus that could be used by a vile character creating a very powerful army.

From the technology that came from xandar was found in the aftermath of the search, a nearly intact vessel was found, and he instinctively began to repair it. Within a few days the ship could fly, it was not a very young ship but it was going to do the job. If he wanted to explore certain worlds that are close to this one, he liked the idea of being the captain of his own ship. For the time being he will focus on all the ones he could get from the dump. Of course he stored his ship in a hangar that he had rented for a few months, the hangar was not too expensive because there were not many people who had a working ship. The hangar was also used as a workshop for him because it was not a waste of space and this workshop was not so bad for him is cuau. Cuau had surprised many people by his size, many people came to see izel to ask what his price was for such an animal but izel did not think for a minute to sell it because for him she was his daughter and who would sell his own daughter that was not possible for someone with a minimum of humanity.

3