Chapter 3: Prelude Before The Game Start.
20 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Morning came as Delon start to wake up, though he knew that everything that happened yesterday was real, Delon can't help but trying to pinch his arms and no surprise its hurt.

Delon then looking at Ernest bed and he see that Ernest still sleeping on his bed, Delon then let out a sigh and shaking his head.

'How can he still sleeping even after sleeping that long.'

Delon is not wrong for saying like that, because when he saw his phone before, it's say 10 AM and even Delon is tired because too much sleeping.

Delon go out of tent without waking up Ernest because he too lazy to do that. After that, Delon trying to ask to someone from the military if he can go to bath. Because Delon think that maybe the military decide to limit the consuming of water or resource like that.

The answer is he can, at least for now.

Delon sigh in relief after hearing that.

1 hour later.

After Delon finished bathing and eating, Delon go back to tent and still see Ernest sleeping on his bed.

Delon walking towards the bed and then kick the edge of the bed making Ernest fell of off the bed. Ernest who woke up from that start to look around in hurry afraid of earthquake happened.

"What the- Oh, Delon what happened here? I thought there is earthquake for a moment."

Ernest sighs in relief after find out that there is no earthquake happened.

"How long do you want to sleep Ernest? It's already 11 AM. I can't believe you can sleep for so long."

"HUH? I thought you say I will faint for a few hours only."

"Let's forget about that, why don't you look at your status panel and see what you get."

Hearing what Delon just said, Ernest hurriedly looking at his status panel 

Name: Ernest Markus

Age: 23

Level:  1

Strength: D

Dexterity: E

Stamina: D

MP: E

Bloodline: -

Skill: Staff Technique

"How is it Ernest? Do you get a Bloodline?"

"Sigh, I don't get it. I only got a skill called Staff technique. Do you know anything about it Delon?"

Delon stay silent for a moment thinking about what he would say.

"Maybe I know a little about the Staff Technique you talking about. There are two possibilities, first is using staff as a magical weapon like a wand to invoke magic like Merlin staff or even staff of Moses. The second one is using it as a weapon itself like Ruyi Jingu Bang from Sun Wukong or Khatvanga from Shiva.

Looking that your Mana or MP is low the second probability is the highest. So, I think the Staff Technique that is your status panel is referring to using the staff itself as a weapon."

Ernest shocked after heard the information. Not because the information itself, but how did Delon even know some weapon from the legend.

Seeing Ernest expression, Delon understand what Ernest thinking.

"You know that I'm a writer right? Of course I know some weapon from the legend or even the myth itself. I use it as reference for my story so you don't have to make that kind of face."

"Hehe, sorry Delon I'm just surprise you know so much. But, how do I even use this skill?"

Delon let out a sigh and shaking his head after hear what Ernest saying.

"Can you use your head a little Ernest? The skill will act as information about how to use the Staff. You just need to think about using the skill and you will get the information about the technique."

Ernest thinking for a moment and try doing what Delon said.

A few minutes later Ernest seems like enlighten, then it seems like he got possess or something. Ernest stands up and starts to move like someone who have training with staff technique his whole life.

Delon keep silent and watch Ernest doing all those move and after only about 15 minutes that Ernest stops.

"How is it Ernest?"

"I can't explain it. I just somehow know about those entire moves, it feels amazing."

"Can we talk now Ernest?"

Delon said that because Ernest keeps standing there like a statue even though Delon talking to him.

After hearing Delon, Ernest then sits on his bed and tries to calm down.

"What are you gonna do when the Apocalypse or the game begin Ernest? You see, the skill that I got is not that good. In fact you can say that it's a bad skill. If you're with me, I'm afraid I'm only become a burden for you later on. 

So, if you want to find another party then, I won't stop you Ernest. To be honest with my skill, I can survive even when I'm alone."

Ernest surprised to hear what Delon said. 

"Delon, what are you saying? Of course I'm with you. Forget about a bad skill, even if you don't have any skill I will still be with you."

"Are you sure about this Ernest? With your skill, I think you can get into a good party with a high chance of survival."

Even though Delon really appreciate what Ernest saying but, he doesn't want to bet on it.

"We've known each other for so long Delon, why are you still talking like that. If your skill is really that bad, then like in game I will carry you so you don't need to think too much about it."

"As long as you're not regretting it, then I won't. "

"Just what is it your skill Delon? It even makes you think like this."

"It's a trap making skill."

"Isn't that a good skill? Why are you saying that it's a bad skill Delon?"

Ernest really surprise to hear that the trap making skill is a bad skill. As far as he know, making trap is really a good skill whether it's in a game or story. Because it easier to survive if you knew how to make a trap. 

"Because I don't know whether it is a dungeon type or surviving type of game. If it is surviving then my skill is really not bad, but if it is a dungeon type then my skill is really bad. Although I probably can use it to find or dismantle a trap but, it is still not as good as your skill Ernest."

"So you're just jealous with my skill right Delon?"

Ernest saying that with a smirk that makes Delon really irritated, Delon really want to hit that face if he can.

"A little yes, but this isn't a game Ernest. You won't re-spawn, what about your sister if you die?"

"I know Delon, that's why I'll come with you and won't let you going solo. If my sister knows that I let you going through this alone, she won't stop at just scold me a few times."

Delon didn't say anything more because he knew that Ernest already made up his mind.

"Sigh… Ok then, let's talk about our future plan then. I'm sure that when the apocalypse begins, the military will start something like a party to clear the monster whether the apocalypse will be dungeon or survival type. 

If it is a dungeon type then we will need to recruit or join with other, but if it is a survival type I think we can survive with only both of us."

Ernest then thinking about the plan that Delon just said. In the end Ernest agree with Delon, although he's not sure about surviving with only both of them, but at least with Delon brain Ernest think that he'll manage somehow.

"Right now you should go eat something and prepare if somehow the apocalypse will start earlier."

Hearing Delon said that, Ernest without thinking twice, go outside to prepare.

A few hours later

After Ernest finished prepare, he then go to the tent hurriedly asking Delon to come out of tent with him.

Delon seeing that Ernest in hurry didn't say anything and just following Ernest outside of tent.

When Delon just get out of tent, there are already so many people there outside their tent. Delon try to asking Ernest just what the hell happened here.

"Outside the gate, the land is changing. I heard from someone in military that each gate has a different kind of land. 

In the south which is our place right now become a forest with so many huge trees out there even you can see from here.

In the north, it become graveyard with many tombstones appear here and there. Also the air surrounding the north is has become more eerie, some people even heard the sound of ghost before.

Next are west area, it now has become a dessert where there is nothing but sands and some cactus grow there.

The last one is east, it become mountain or more like a rocky area where there are rocks everywhere. Maybe there are even gold there."

Delon silent for a minute to process the information that Ernest tell him.

"Where did you get this information Ernest? I remember last night that the terrain haven't changes yet, did it changed this morning I wonder? But, even then I go out this morning and it still hasn't change."

 Delon try to remember when he got out of tent this morning and it really hasn't change become like this.

"I heard this form the military when I get out before and yes, you can say that the terrain just suddenly changed become like this around few hours ago. You might not believe this Delon, but the city is almost all gone when the terrain changed. It's like it doesn't exist in the first place, the building, cars and everything are just suddenly gone 'puff' just like that without any kind of warnings."

Delon think that it's not that weird because everything so far is weird enough already, so he's not that surprise after he heard what Ernest said. 

What Delon more worried was that the terrain. The terrain changed into something that he don't know, moreover about the food supply and other things will be run out faster knowing that there is something like dessert and the more terrifying graveyard area.

With the numbers of people here, maybe the food supply will run out with only a few weeks or maybe just a few days.

"Ernest, I think we need to think about the plan again. The information about the terrain changed really helped us now. Because we know about this changed, we can plan it more carefully now."

"What plan that has you made Delon?"

Delon then look around for a few seconds before saying

"I think we need to get inside the tent first and then we talk about the plan there."

Ernest didn't say anything and just nodded before walking into the tent.

After both of them got inside the tent, they sit and start to talk about the plan.

"So, what's the plan Delon?"

"We will monopoly the resource. We have the advantage because we already eat the pill. You know when someone eat the pill they will fall unconscious for a few hours. So, when peoples still unconscious we will get out of this base and try to kill some monster to get level up and strengthen our self."

"But, isn't that the same as suicide Delon?"

"Yes, But we have to do it. Because it's the only advantage that we have, once all the people already awaken from the effect of the pill, all the area will be crowded and it will be hard for us to kill a weak monster with just the two of us. 

We need to take the risk, as long as we careful and not be too greedy I believe we can kill at least one monster with just both of us. When we get exp and level up, the fight will be easier and we can monopoly some area to level up and get further then everyone else in the base."

Ernest then thinking for a while about Delon's plan. Of course he knew that by monopolizing the area it will bring so much advantage to them but, the risk are really high. 

It's not just a game where they will get re-spawn when they died. This is a real life, so when they die there won't be any second chances.

"Are you really sure we can do this Delon?"

"I'm not gonna lie to you Ernest, I'm not 100% sure because there might be some accident or some factor that will change the tide easily. But, if we can succeed with this plan we will walk further then the people in this base."

Ernest silent for a moment before finally agree with Delon's plan.

"All right then, we will do what you say. So, which area will we take?"

"The south, because I believe with it will much easier to make a trap there. I hope there won't be high level monster like a dragon or something like that come out in the south."

"I hope so too. If something like that really comes out, then it will be a death game for sure."

After they both finished talking about the detail of the plan, Delon told Ernest to familiarize with his skill. Delon told Ernest to train with his skill so that when they start to hunt, he will know what to do which Ernest agree and go out of tent to start practicing.

Delon himself start to looking what trap he can use later on and what materials that he need to make the trap.

With that, time slowly moving. Before anyone realizing, it's already 2 pm and suddenly all the people in the world hear the voice that they really don't want to hear.

1