Chapter 34: The Last (2/?)
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Delon and the others now still looking at the massive amount numbers of monsters in front of them.

It easily reach 2000+ in numbers. Also, many of them are flying monsters.

The boss itself is a flying monsters, a huge Eagle with the wings span at least 5 meters in length. 

It's feather is gold in colored as it have some kind of crown symbol on it's head.

Just by looking at it, you know that it's a king of Eagle. 

They don't know what is the name of the Eagle. They just call it the King of Eagle to make it more simple.

There are also many types of monsters there. From Trolls to Harpies. There are also some monsters that not from the East gate as well. Like Goblins and Orcs.

The army already preparing for this. They already prepared some Canon and also many kinds of weapons with a big area of effect like bomb and grenade.

Although the numbers of weapons are small, but at least it can help them with thinning the number of monsters.

They also asked some Mages form other gates to help station here. Not many as the other gates also need Mages to deal with the monsters there.

Even after all this preparation, they can't help but still feeling nervous when they saw the sea of monsters in front of them.

The army now feeling rather regret not having enough weapons to deal with this massive number of monsters.

If they have tanks or some other weapons, they can help the frontline to focus on killing the boss.

"EVERYONE! 

Remember this is our last fight here! 

We need to win this, for ourself and for the our loved ones that still inside the base!

We will rather die than to let any monsters go inside the base!

If we fall, nothing will be left from this base!

WE WILL FIGHT TO THE DEATH!!"

"""FIGHT TO THE DEATH!!!!"""

Abel's speech make everyone feel their morale going high.

The people inside the base, are mostly those who can't fight themselves. Like children and some aged people.

Most people who can still fight, are now joining with this battle.

They won't let any monsters to enter the base.

"SCCCRREEEEEEECCCHH!!"

The boss Eagle let out a screech and all the monsters start to shouting with all their might.

"Delon, do you have any plan?"

Roland who was close to Delon asked him.

"Why did you asked me?"

Delon feels kind of weird hearing this. Although sometimes he told them he has a plan. But, it doesn't mean that he always has a plan.

"Because you're a man with the plan!"

Delon heard this and he is surprised.

"Hahaha, you're joking right?"

"No!"

Delon then take a moment to thinking of a good plan.

"It's a simple one. But, if you want to hear it then i'll tell you. But, don't expect that it will work. As i clearly don't know much about this boss."

Roland's eyes now shining when he heard this.

"Say it. At least you have one, while i don't."

"My plan is really simple. Make the Eagle come down and after that. We can just groups up to beat it."

"Well, it is simple. But how?"

"Destroy it's wings. I'm thinking that only Natalie can do this. As magic rather has a big area of effect rather than piercing effect.

The Valkyrie party also doesn't have someone who used bow and Arrow. They did have a Mage though. So, they can help with something else.

As for the Mages, don't bother to shot your spell to the Eagle boss. You guys better to shot your spell to the monster army."

Hearing Delon explanation, all of them nod their head. 

"Then, what are we going to do?"

The frontline party asked Delon.

"Well, as you guys waiting for the Eagle boss to come down, you can annoyed it or kill some monsters. 

As none of you can his the Eagle boss when it's flying. Roland, can your reflect skill reflecting a physical attack?"

"No, it's only magic attack or attack that purely made from mana."

Delon wasn't that dissapointed after he heard this as he already guess this.

"From the information that we get. The monsters like this Eagle boss has a skill that can used it's feather as projectile to attack and it have a rather big area of effect. 

So, be careful when the boss used that skill. Natalie will focus on shooting the Eagle boss and Abel, i want some people in the army also shoot their gun to the Eagle boss.

Although it won't hurt it, but it will definitely annoyed it. But, be prepared as the boss will attack them.

Oh, before i forgot. Do you guys thinks that this Eagle boss has a breath skill?"

The others silent for a few seconds trying to processing what Delon just said.

"Breath skill? Like in Dragon's breath?"

Kyle suddenly asked Delon about this. As he probably already saw one.

"Yeah, do you guys think that the breath skill is considered as Magic or not?"

"You mean that, if it's Magic then i can reflect it?"

This time Roland is the one asked Delon.

"That's right. If you can reflect this skill, then it would be good. But, if not, then you need to be careful about this. But, then again, i don't know if this Eagle can used breath skill or not."

Roland just nod at this. Then Abel said something after he saw that the monsters start to move.

"Let's stop the discussion. The monsters already start to move. Let's just do what Delon just said. Other than Natalie, the others will be focusing on killing as many monsters as possible.

Also, tell se people at the wall to harass the Eagle boss. But, don't do it too much as the Eagle would probably attacked them if they do it too much."

Abel told one of the soldier from the millitary to tell the people at the wall to harassing the Eagle boss. 

The soldier who heard him, give him a salute and then run away to the wall to give the information to the people there.

"ATTACK!!"

Abel then give the command so that the people start to move attacking the monsters.

The people at the wall also start to shooting their Canon, guns, bow, and magic to the monsters below them and those that flying above.

Those people at the wall is focusing on thinning the number of the monsters as their weapons are really good at this.

The battle begin as the sound of many people shouting and screaming can be heard from the battlefield. 

Blood start to dye the ground red as many monsters keep dying almost every seconds.

The flying monsters keep attacking the people by dragging them to the sky as they bite them and them let them go.

As those people fall, the other flying monsters then attacked them as they're an easy prey when they can't dodge when they are in the sky.

Roland and the others people from the frontline squad's also start to kill as many monsters as possible.

They also try to harass the Eagle boss when it's flying down to attacked them.

The assassin from both Roland's and the Valkyrie party decide that they will focusing on killing the monsters first. As they are moving fast in this battlefield.

They keep moving on the battlefield looking for a wounded monsters and then finished them off.

Meanwhile the backline squad's were keep shooting their magic towards the monsters army that in the backline.

Spells after spells keep launching at the backline of the monsters army.

The sound of explosion is like a music here on the battlefield as the screams became the song and makes the battle never feel quite.

Delon and Ernest as the protector of the backline also wasn't idle. They keep killing the monsters that want to get close to the backline.

While Viona keep using her barrier skill to cover them or the people at the frontline.

Natalie also keep shooting her Arrow to the Eagle boss trying to hurt it's wings.

Alas, the feather of the Eagle boss is really hard as the Arrows keep getting bounced back like they his a hard Steele.

Natalie then try to used her skill to buff the Arrow that she shot.

"True Shot Aura!"

The Arrow on her hands start to shine as she knocked her Arrow out to shoot the left wing of the Eagle boss.

The Eagle boss seemed to sense the danger from the Arrow that coming towards it.

The Eagle then fly upwards as it trying to dodge the coming Arrow.

*Swish*

The Eagle boss can't dodge the Arrow Completely as it managed to damaged it's left wings a little bit.

But, it can still fly freely as the Arrow wasn't hit the wings completely and only scratch it's corner.

But, the Eagle boss still feel a little bit hurt because of it.

The Eagle boss attention then changed towards Natalie as it looked at her with hate.

But, before it managed to moved towards Natalie, someone appeared above it.

Brian as the assassin from the Dark Horn party managed to jump from one monsters and then he jump again and finally arrived at the top of the Eagle boss.

He then used his skill.

"DOUBLE SLASH!!"

He used his two daggers to cut the back of the Eagle boss.

It managed to leave an X wounds on the back of the Eagle boss.

"SSCCCREEECCCHH"

The Eagle boss start to screams and then it fell to the ground.

The others wasn't gonna let this chance go away.

Roland and Jasmine coming to the front of the Eagle boss.

"SHIELD BASH!"

Roland coming in first as he used his skill to stun the Eagle boss and not let it run away.

"TRIPLE SLASH!"

Jasmine coming out next as she used her skill to cut the Eagle's head three Times.

The others also attacking the Eagle boss trying to kill it as fast as possible.

But it wasn't enough. The Eagle boss managed to wake up from the daze state a few seconds later as it flying to the sky again.

This is the mistakes of Roland and the others. They didn't attacked the Eagle wings and it makes the Eagle can still fly.

As the Eagle fly, it then flop it wings a few times as it's feather raining down like a rain of Arrows.

"SCATTER!!"

Seeing this, Roland hurriedly give a command to scatter from there as he knew that it's the AoE attack from the Eagle boss.

"HIGHER DEFENSE!"

He then used his skill to make his defence stats higher as the feathers raining down on his area.

Viona also used her skill to blok the rain of feathers coming down. But, it's only able to block a little area and there are still area that wasn't covered by her skill.

A few people from the Dark Horn party and the Valkyrie party wasn't run fast enough as the feathers managed to lodged itself on their body.

But, they were lucky enough not to die from this attack.

They then hurriedly take out the feathers and drinking health potion to restore their health.

While the front line is in mess, the backline also wasn't that peaceful as there is a monster lurking in the shadow that keep looking at them.

0