Chapter 37: The Last (5/5)
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kyle already gets back and group up with the frontline squad. He also told the others by whispering it to them as to not let the Eagle boss hear what he said.

Roland and the others were shocked when they heard it. They finally understand why this boss seems to be really smart.

Roland and the others decide to try to communicate with only gestures if possible. If not, then they can try to whisper or used codes or something similar to that.

The Valkyrie party also start to do the same as Roland and the others. They are really glad to have the Dark Horn party here to help them.

If not, it will be a really hard battle or maybe a losing one as the boss is really smart and can understand what they are saying.

They only know this because of the Dark Horn party warning. Without them, they might not know this even when they lose.

While the frontline squad is still busy with their own arrangements, Delon and the others at the backline start to prepare themselves.

Delon already drinks the remaining 2 mana potions that he got from Ernest. He then asked the others to give him at least one mana potions so that he can do what he planning to do.

Niar and Abel give him 1 mana potion each while Viona gives him two. The mage from the Valkyrie party also gives him 1 mana potion which is surprised him.

She said that she gives it because he saved her from the giant snake. Although she doesn't know him very well, it doesn't change the fact that if the snake wasn't killed fast, it can kill her easily.

So, with the addition of 5 mana potions, Delon can be even more sure about his plan.

"Natalie, if you shot your Arrows with the buff skill son it. How many Arrows can you shot in succession?"

Delon gets closer to Natalie and asks her in a low voice.

"Maybe three if I have enough mana to use my skill."

Delon then thinking for a second before he said again.

"When I gave the signal, I want you to attack the left wings. Remember that, try to hit a different area. So that the wound will be bigger."

Natalie then nodes at that. She then drinks a mana potion that she takes out from her inventory.

Daniel then tells the other three mages to start the chant when he gave them a signal.

They nod at this as they already saw what he can do with his prediction skill.

Delon tells Ernest and the others from the military to take care of the monsters that want to get close to them. 

Delon wants to concentrate on his skill and he can't take care of the other monsters when he's at it.

Delon then takes a look at the Eagle boss and used his skills.

His vision begins to change.

At first, Delon asked Natalie to shot her Arrows first at the Eagle boss. But, the Eagle boss managed to dodge the two Arrows from her.

It can still fly easily even with a hole on its wings.

The vision then stop. Delon used his skill again and his vision changed then he is the one who attacked the Eagle boss first this time.

He used his mana to coated the sword on his hands and then he used another skill that he has.

Giant Strength.

It's the skill that he got after he killed the Giant boss last time.

It's a skill that amplifies his strength by 200% for 5 minutes It's a really good skill.

But the drawback is, his strength will be cut in half for 15 minutes.

As he used this Giant Strength skill, he then throws his sword like he throws a spear.

*Swish*

The sword moved so fast as it looks like a light shooting at the Eagle boss rather than a sword.

But, he missed the target a little bit as the sword flew past the Eagle boss's right wings.

You might be asked why don't Delon just aiming for the Eagle boss head?

Simple, because the Eagle boss has a really good sense of danger.

If Delon aiming for the Eagle boss head, the Eagle boss can sense it even before the sword gets close to it.

Although it's the same even when he aims for the wings. But, with the help of Natalie, it can be solved.

Seeing that his aims are a little bit off, Delon keeps using his prediction skill trying to find a good angle or way to fix this.

After a few attempts, Delon managed to hit the Eagle boss wings. But, the following up from Natalie is a little bit too late. As the result, the Eagle boss managed to dodge the Arrows.

Delon wasn't going to give up, as he used his skill again and again. Finally, after more than ten attempts, he finally succeeded.

He then drinks the rest of the mana potions that he got. He then looks at Natalie to tell her to prepare for the attack.

The other mages also saw this and they start to preparing to chant their spell whenever Delon said.

"Natalie, remember shot the left wings when I told you to."

Seeing Delon serious expression, Natalie only nods at this, and then she took a deep breath.

This attack is really important to them and she can't mess up the timing.

Delon then begins to pump his mana towards the swords on his hands. 

Mana begins to cheat the sword as the sword begins to shine a blue light.

Delon then uses his Giant Strength skill as he takes a throwing stance and then.

*Swoosh*

Delon throws his sword towards the right wings of the Eagle boss.

"NATALIE, NOW!!"

Natalie then uses her skill to buff the Arrows on her hands. She then shot one Arrow after another and just before she shot the Arrows, she didn't forget to give the buff.

*Swish**Swish**Swish*

Three Arrows flew towards the Eagle boss's left wings. The three Arrows make a triangle formation as they flew like a light towards the left wings of the Eagle boss.

Natalie took out a mana potion from her inventory and she quickly drinks the mana potion.

Her mana is almost used up after she shot three Arrows with her buff skill.

The three Arrows keep flying towards the left wings of the Eagle boss.

The Eagle boss then noticing somethings heading towards its direction. 

The Eagle boss take a look and saw that there are three Arrows flying to aim at it's left wings.

But, before it managed to dodge the Arrows, it's right wings got pierced by a sword that flying from the same direction as the three Arrows.

The thing is, the Eagle boss didn't notice the sword until the sword hit it.

The three Arrows then hit its left wings and the Eagle boss start to let out a cry as it fell from the sky.

"Mages, start to chant."

The three mages start to chant their spell and they notice that when the Eagle boss hits the ground, their chant already finished.

The people at the frontline squad then prepared to attack the Eagle boss when they saw it start to fall from the sky.

Roland then takes a look at the backline and he saw that the mages already chanting their spell.

"Clear the way!"

Roland said that as he knows that the moment the Eagle boss hits the ground, it will get bombarded by the spell from the mages at the backline.

The other who heard it start to give away for the spell to come. They aren't that stupid to not know what Roland means.

Just as the Eagle boss hits the ground, the three mages fire their spell towards its direction.

"FIRE SPEARS!"

"HELLFIRE!"

"FIRE PHOENIX!"

Niar shot three fire spears as they fly towards the Eagle boss.

Abel makes a fire Phoenix and aims it towards the Eagle boss.

The mage from the Valkyrie party was different when she finished the chant. There is a magic formation appeared beneath the Eagle boss and then after a few second, a fire pillar appeared from it and start to burn the Eagle boss.

The other spell also hit the Eagle boss at the same time as the fire pillar appeared.

The fire is finally gone after around a minute as it leaves a smoke behind.

Roland then starts to move as he attacking where the Eagle boss was.

"SHIELD BASH!"

*BANG!*

"It still alive! Start to attack!!"

Roland skill hit something and he shouts that so that others can begin their attack.

All the people from the frontline squad used their skills.

"Triple Slash!"

"Backstab!"

"Shattered Fist!"

"Assassinate!"

"Lightning Slash!"

All the skills hit the Eagle boss as the Eagle boss was in a daze because of Roland's skill.

After that, they wait for a moment to see if the Eagle boss is still alive or not.

Roland is also ready to use his skill again as he keeps his shield ready.

The smoke is too much for them to see clearly. They used their skill to attack the place where the Eagle boss was.

They don't know if the Eagle boss is alive or not.

After a minute, the smoke starts to disperse as the frontline squad can see it clearly. 

The Eagle boss is still there. But, it already dead as it slowly turned into a particle of light.

The let out a sigh of relief when they saw this. 

They didn't take a rest as they begin to kill the surrounding monsters.

The people at the frontline squad don't have a heavy wound on them and they think that it's better to kill more enemies. 

This will also help others to lessen the casualty.

While the people at the frontline squad is still killing the monsters, the people at the backline also wasn't idle.

Except for Delon as he is too tired to even move.

Although the backlash from the Giant Strength skill wasn't hit him yet.

He is too tired because he keeps abusing his prediction skill.

His brain is now too tired to even think.

He took a seat behind the three mages as he thinks that this place is the safest.

He is now waiting for the battle to end.

For the first time, he feels that he is useful in the battle. 

Even when he fought the Giant boss before, he still thinks that he doesn't do much.

He only landing the last blow. Although the others keep saying that he is the one who kills the boss.

He keeps thinking like this so that he won't feel too arrogant about himself.

Yes, the other feels that Delon is belittling himself by keep saying that he is useless in every fight.

But, he does this to tell himself not to be arrogant. 

Even though the other feel that with him saying this, he, himself is arrogant.

But, he doesn't care about this.

0