Prologue – The Warm Hunger
94 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I'm hungry."

Sad words echoed out in the middle of a still night, slipping away weakly, as if it were a whisper in search of mercy, amid the sounds of wildlife and the uneven patter of wood against stone and earth.

But these words, they were dying tired of not having someone to meet, be it the small wooden space where it originated, or the immensity of the plain where it had escaped.

But these words and more continued to emerge even against all hope of listening since, in principle, they arose from the unproductive lament of their creator.

"I'm hungry, Mommy I'm hungry ... but it's very cold..."

Until little by little, they were fading into the dim lighting of the full moon, to the sound of the loss of consciousness of their producer.

Dark clouds enveloped the fatigued and subliminal mind of its sad mistress, showing her, according to the design of her subconscious, changing and inaccurate scenes from her sad past and the light that was in her.

"Mom, Mom, I'm cold, hug me and warm me please," a little girl said to her beloved mother, who tenderly took her in her arms and snuggled her into herself.

"So warm... how do you do to be so warm, Mom?" The little girl asked with pleasure.

"Magic honey, magic," her mother answered with a warm smile.

"Magic?."

"Yes, magic honey."

"Wow, can I do it too?"

"Of course, darling, it's something that's part of you, it's like purring."

"How to purr?"

"Yes, as natural as purring or moving your hand, you just have to practice, the bad thing is that you get a little hungry," the mother explained patiently to her daughter, but that was the last thing she said, since the scene it was swallowed by the dark clouds, to give way to another scene.

"Mom, Mom, my sisters, and Daddy beat me again," the little girl cried as she ran to the bed where her mother was.

"My little girl, don't cry, you have to be strong."

"But mom is that, is that, they invited me to play and, and ..." The girl said crying.

"Now, now, calm down, remember that I told you not to mess with them, that you have to be invisible, that's better ..."

The scenes changed and changed without reason or preamble, showing different scenes, sometimes sad where her father or sisters beat her, sometimes happy being with her mother, until she reached a scene where she entered in front of her mother at the end of their life.

"Mom, mom, don't go, stay with me, don't die ..." The girl begged her lying down and pale mother, who even despite her state, still kept a smile of love and affection, despite so many years of pain and abuse.

"My girl, my treasure, I love you so much, but since I'm sorry, oh my girl, listen you have to be strong, you have to be flexible, you have to be clever, but above all, you have to survive and always seek happiness, since life is very hard ... " She weakly sighed her last words, giving way to the girl's cries of pain.

Cries that went on and on even when the scene was transformed, to one where a subject carried her on his broad shoulders, while she saw her father entering his house with a bag of his currency.

"Daddy don't abandon me, don't abandon me ... I'll be good, please"

But her cries were not heard by her father, who was getting further and further but at the same time closer, until in a cry of supplication, she cleared all the darkness that formed her vision, to give way to the cold wooden floor of where she was lying.

It was a nightmare, the girl reasoned after waking up drenched in sweat and with her heart pounding, and then snuggled up as much as possible with her arms, legs, and tail, to then resume her lament.

"I'm cold... but I'm hungry."

Hello everyone, here is a new novel, a new adventure, I hope you enjoy it.

Another thing, what a bad habit I have of doing several novels at the same time ..., but hey, I don't think this will change.

Now, this time the chapters will be short and irregular, but its format will be for short acts, so if I finish one, I will publish it, I advise you to take it easy.

That's all, once again, I hope you enjoy it.

 

 

0