Ch17 – Continuation
210 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A knock on the door, prompting a willful maiden to see who it was. An azure orb twirled around her as she gave an eye with an inner whisper. The orb flew and hid within the middle of her hidden bosoms. She opened the door with her deadpan face. But immediately, it turned into a smile, with a slight nod to the guest in front of the door.

 

“Good evening, Sir Kevin,” said Yaereene.

 

“Good evening to you too,” he replied.

 

“Please, come in,” Yaereene guided Kevin into one of the prepared seats, adorned with the silkiest velvet touch, comfortable as if lying on a puffy cloud.

 

I can’t get used to this.

 

The drastic change was welcomed, but Kevin was still awkward, receiving such grace from an alva. 

 

“Tea, sir,” a cup of warm tea served with a small plate of dried fruits courtesy of the alva host.

 

He took a sip as his brows raised. The tea was bitter like earl grey with a dash of pungent sweet honey, which made it a rather interesting drink.

 

“Enjoying your tea?” a raspy voice came from the upper floor. Lautiria climbed down the stairs with her usual white chemise, except for a new addition to her midriff, a tawny brown leather corset snugly fitted her waist.

 

Lautiria took a seat in front of Kevin. She smiled, yet the intention of that smile was unknown to the mind of Kevin.

 

“It’s good, a bit different than I’m used to, but good,” said Kevin.

 

“I heard from Yaereene,” Lautiria gazed upon him. “Your achievement went beyond the scope of my understanding.”

 

Kevin placed the cup on the table as he entwined his fingers together.

 

“Thanks for the compliment, I guess?” he cocked his head as he got his intention straight. “So, can we get back to business? I’m pressed for time, you know?”

 

“Yes, I do know,” said Lautiria. “The claws of the vile heroes rake over the grounds of Dunia, searching for a person, not of this world.” 

 

“Indeed, I can understand your concern,” said Lautiria as she returned to an unemotional lady.

 

She didn’t really need to speak like I’m some kind of victim to a tale. I’m trying hard here to ignore the reality that some people out there want me dead. So can’t she just moves on with our planned schedule.

 

“I ask of you, Kevin. Do you really permit the fae knowledge in the grasp of us, Vindtra?” asked Lautiria.

 

“I’ve already told Yaereene, you can do as you please. I just hope it won’t leak and fall to the hands of the heroes,” said Kevin. 

 

“I see,” Lautiria gazed upon Kevin deep in thought. “Have you tell the queen?”

 

The mentioning of the queen made Kevin stiffened in his seat. 

 

“No,” he shook his head. 

 

“Is there something wrong? Lautiria asked. The minute change in Kevin’s expression didn’t go unnoticed by Lautiria. 

 

Kevin got up and gazed at his host for the evening. “Shall we?”

 

Kevin had no intention of entertaining useless chatter as he had things to do and more to come. Lautiria gazed at Kevin for a while as she remained stoic like usual. 

 

“Very well,” she said. “Come.” She turned and gestured at Kevin to follow. Yaereene followed close behind and as they went down a spiraling staircase. 

 

The three of them arrived in a cellar. A cellar that used to kept barrels and barrels of the highest quality of drink of the zwerg. Yet there was nothing here, except for the ceiling, floor, and walls.

 

Just like last night, Kevin was tied from top to bottom. He sat on a stool, preparing for what was about to come. A dark violet orb whiffed away from him, floating at a distance.

 

Lautiria stole a slight glance at the orb before gazing back to Kevin. She raised both of her arms as layers of glowing circles revolved around her upper limbs. Lightning started to crackles as she said.

 

“Let us begin.”

 

What came next was the ear-splitting scream of a man assaulted by the karamic arts.

 

The night passed, and the glowing moss brightened a sign of day on the surface of Dunia. 

 

A man walked alone on the empty street of Edelstein. His body swaying left and right as his mind was a bit muddled. Yaereene healed him properly, but the fatigue of the mind was hard to recover. Yet the sight of the floating text made him smile.

 

Skill : Karamic Tolerance Lv5

Body’s durability to karamic-based attack increases. Allow lesser damage intake. 15% decrease in damage taken by karamic offenses. 

 

A steady increase, but no doubt better than nothing. In the game, it wasn’t that difficult as he could put everything on auto, but feeling the pain made him realize the difficult path that he trod.

 

For the weary mind, a comfy bed seemed to be the best thing at the moment. As Kevin dreamed of lying his head on top of a soft pillow, he shook his head, trying to ignore his internal whim. It wasn’t time for sleep, since he had made an appointment with a hamastra this early in the morning.

 

He came to the original place where he first met Streev.

 

“I hope he will be on time,” said Kevin. He didn’t have a watch, but he was sure he was early.

 

He sat there waiting while doing his mana training with the aid of Kassmeaa. 

 

Where is that blundering oaf? Asked Kassmeaa as she referred to Bhekiz, the fae bonded with Streev.

 

I don’t know, maybe he’s still sleeping.

 

He waited far too long, yet there was no shadow of Streev appearing on sight. Kevin had made it clear to the little lad, they were meeting to begin Streev’s training. Another hour passed, and there was no sign of the little beast folk. He waited long enough as he decided.

 

“Let’s go back.”

 

11