Ch19 – Reward of Hardworking
187 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Surviving Victim of Karamic Fury has been bestowed on you

 

Check achievement.

 

Surviving Victim of Karamic Fury

l Vitality +5

l Intelligence +5

l HP +50

l Increase karamic resistance by 10%

 

Finally, I can stop. Being a sandbag for karamic arts isn’t fun at all. Should I just give up on doing this? Being stuck at level one doesn’t feel right for some reason, but I can’t miss those titles and acknowledgment. Can I really get the others while trying not to die at level one?

 

He was weary after the hard work he had put through for the past week. His whole week was all-about training and more training. In the day, he trained with Kassmeaa and in the night he endured the brunt of the karamic with the pair of master and disciple.

 

A tedious routine that at the time made him felt like giving up. But seeing there was nothing to do in this primitive world, with the lack of smartphones, computers, and the world wide web, he had no choice but to delved into training.

 

Check another achievement.   

 

He didn’t get only one, but two in just a single week. He smiled as he saw this other one that he received yesterday.

 

Attune With Mana

l Intelligence +20

l MP +500

l Increase mana regen bonus by 25%

 

Things are going pretty great, but am I fast enough? If comparing with my playtime back then, this one is faster in terms of getting it, but doing it felt really long.

 

The ‘gift’ Kevin earned through being transported here was showing its worth. But he feared for the danger that could come at any time since he didn’t know the full extent of his enemies' capabilities. Who knows when this safe haven would be compromised.

 

I better focus on raising agility since I’ve no intention of killing any monsters at the moment. Dodging and running away would be the best in avoiding killing monsters, but having a skill that can stop an enemy movement would be the better option.

 

Rubbing his chin, Kevin was deep in his thought. A rather confusing question popped up.

 

Can I learn other class skills even if I don’t belong to one? I’ve never thought about that one since, in the game, it wasn’t possible, but in real life, it might be different. I think.

 

It sounded utterly ridiculous, but it might be possible. If he had one, it would be good for his survival. At least it would be an assurance if he encountered an enemy. 

 

Hmm, but there is that one skill that I can learn even without the right class. It’s not that great of a skill, but I think in these circumstances, it might work.

 

Knock, knock.

 

Two knocks hinting a visitor this early in the morning. Kevin thought he could finally have a decent sleep, but things usually didn’t go according to plan. He opened the door and recognized who it was. 

 

“The Queen requests your presence,” it was none other than the Queen’s aid.

 

Kevin’s heartbeat quickened. Their last meeting ended in a gray area with the queen dismissing him in a rather emotional state. He had his worries about the queen since he never knew what was inside her head. He might have offended her, or he might not. Well, it seemed his time had come to know the answer.

 

A brief walk to the great hall as he stood there in front of an empty throne. The aid left him to be, closing the door of the great hall. Looking left and right, there was not a soul in this vast hall. But then he heard the door creaked, a second later, the smell of roses wafted in the air.

 

A lady made her entrance as her appearance alone was like the shining lit sun. Her steps were full of grace like a catwalk on a runaway yet filled with grace.

 

Her eyes were closed as she approached the throne. Yet as her eyelids opened, her golden iris was shunned by the brightness of a person. She stopped on her track as she turned her head away. Her poise and calm heart were shaken. 

 

It can’t be! Thought Queen Qirien.

 

She turned once more to the only human within her ruling domain. 

 

“Another acknowledgment? But this… This is impossible!” said Queen Qirien.

 

Geez, that Lautiria definitely didn’t tell the queen. Did she really keep that info to herself? I thought she would let things spread by now.

 

The hasty steps of the queen brought her closer to Kevin. She stood right in front of Kevin as she stared with Pivorn’s Vision. Her eyes unraveled the value of this man as the numbers kept rising, the queen’s golden pupils shivered.

 

“Two… three, no… four?!” Queen Qirien cast away her regal bearing and grabbed the man by his shoulders. She was speechless, yet she stared at Kevin like a cat cornering a rat.

 

Woah, she got a strong grip. Make sense, since she’s probably at some scary level considering she’s a queen of a whole tribe of alva.

 

“In two mere weeks, but how?” she asked.

 

A light sigh escaped from Kevin’s lips.

 

“Let me explain…” said Kevin.

 

He told everything from the very beginning till the end. He even introduced the little dark violet fae to the Queen. She was marveled by the existence of the fae, she heard stories about them, and seeing in front of her eyes made her smile like the brightest full moon under the night sky.

 

She fell silent for a while with her head down. She turned to Kevin.

 

“Did the second elder bonded?” she asked.

 

“Nope, she said it’s too embarrassing. She told me she’ll try another method without inflicting personal embarrassment,” said Kevin.

 

"I see."

 

"If you want one, I can help," said Kevin.

 

The Queen looked up to him with twinkling eyes. 

 

"Are you willing?"

 

"Sure, let's go right now."

 

12