Ch28 – Memory of Skeleton
422 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Fuh. Let’s do this.”

 

Kevin sighed, knowing that a heavy task laid upon his shoulders. The thing he was about to do was possible, but to be fair, he had never done it before while being this weak. So he couldn’t help but felt nervous about it. 

 

Can’t believe I’m doing this while at level 1. If my ex-guildmates hear about this. They’re probably going to laugh at me for being an idiot since the reward doesn’t worth that much.

 

He escaped the stony path and arrived in a hall with huge pillars holding on to the ceiling. 

 

Woah, it’s bigger than I expected.

 

Looking up, he saw the circle structure letting in the sunlight to illuminated the vast darkness of this hall, a sun tunnel if you asking for its name. The game didn’t show it, but in real life, everything was bare for him to see.

 

Cool. Wait, I shouldn’t waste time, better start running.

 

He draped himself with the dark green cloak from Qirien. With two words, he vanished from sight, one thing for sure, if it wasn’t for the ability of this cloak, he bet his life he wouldn’t be able to go through this magnificent hall.

 

He ran to his fullest speed as he headed to the other end, but the corner of his eyes saw something. 

 

Well, that looks pretty scary. 

 

Big mounds of skeletons scattered across the hall, one mound was like a collection of almost hundreds of skeletons, stacking on top of one after another. It wasn’t merely dungeon decoration since he knew what would happen if his cover was blown. This place brought back some fond memories for Kevin, and dying was the majority of it.

 

I remember it like it was yesterday.

 

“Hey BobnVagene, cast the damn Sanctuary already. We’re being pushed over here,” said a knight dressed in full armor. 

 

A party of fancy-dressed people was surrounded by a mass of skeleton soldiers. They were no mere skeletons as their eye sockets were glowing in bluish flames like a will-o-wisp living inside the skulls.

 

Cackles of the skeletons filled the air as the party was fighting to their fullest. 

 

“Don’t bother, I think he’s AFK,” said an archer. The arrows didn’t stop coming from his bow as one by one struck the skeleton by the skull.

 

“What?! We’re dying over here!” the knight bellowed as his mighty glowing sword slashed through the skeletons.

 

“Vermilion Sky!” a cloud gather around above the skeletons, and soon thunder and lighting went down, striking the undead to its oblivion.

 

“The heck! I’m here damn it, why did you use an AOE?!” the knight’s HP was dwindling with each strike from the flashing lightning.

 

“XxSasukexX, eat this,” a voice called out to the knight.

 

A man wearing a chef hat threw a whole chicken at the knight. 

 

“The heck?” the knight stared at the piping hot whole chicken with fresh steam visible to his eyes. The knight was too shocked as he even abandoned attacking the skeleton.

 

The knight stared back at the one who threw the chicken at him. A man who was now drinking soup out from a bowl while his other hand was swinging a huge black iron skillet at the incoming skeletons.

 

“Legend91, I can’t believe a chef can fight like that,” said the knight as he took a bite out of a chicken.

 

Legend91 smashed everything in his sight, but the skeleton didn’t stop coming at them as their numbers grew no matter how many times they took them down. 

 

This is fun, never knew this tomb would be this hard. 

 

While others were cursing at their current situation, Legend91 was having a blast. The skillet pan disappeared changed into a cooking cleaver.

 

“Dragon Cleave,” an image of a dragon subtly appeared as he slashed the skeleton in a single line. An image of a dragon rammed through the skeletons, inflicting a frenzy of flames ravaging through the whole army of skeletons.

 

I never get tired of seeing that dragon, even if it saps every MP I had.

 

A smile hung on Legend91’s face as he swarmed by the skeletons. There were endless like ravaging tides of locust. In the end, the whole party was wiped out at the first stage of the tomb.

 

We get wrecked pretty bad that time, can’t help it since it was our first time diving through this tomb.

 

He chuckled. He was reminded of a particular someone.

 

XxSasukexX was pretty mad at BobnVagene since he AFK in the middle of a fight. Man, they’re freaking funny when they were fighting on discord, blaming each other.

 

He reminiscent of a time when it was all play and game, but that sweet moment made him let his guard down.

 

Oh, shit!

 

He stopped himself from running, but the momentum was too strong, pushing his body forwards as he tried his best not to fall to the front. 

 

Keep it together Kevin, back it up! Freaking back it up!

 

He flapped his arms as if trying to fly away from a pile of skeletons he missed to see, and it worked. His bum fell on the stone floor as the ache didn’t bother him compared to crashing over the small pile of skeletons. It would have been disastrous if he awoke the whole hall. 

 

“Fuh, that’s a close call,” said Kevin.

 

Sweats covered his whole head as most of it was due to him dodging the beehive or in this case, the skeleton hell.

 

I should be more careful since this tomb is way out of my level. 

 

He walked around the small pile of skeletons, making sure he didn’t even touch even one piece of bone. Careful and caution was the key to succeeding in this quest as well as getting out of here alive.

 

Well, that doesn’t seem so hard. 

 

Kevin stood in front of another path leading deeper into the tomb. Looking around, it was quiet. Unlike a common scene, he usually saw when being around here. A thought came by as thinking about the past made him remembered that class he had.

 

Martial Drake Chef doesn’t seem to be a bad class. I have my fun with it, should I go with it in real life?

 

A question he pondered as he entered the dimly lit path.

12