Chapter 1 – The Beginning
72 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

From a young age Joe has been picked on for being different. The dominant religion in his country of Algonia was Mianity, the worship of the four quadrants of Gad, the grandmother, the grandfather, the grandson, and the granddaughter. Joe was not a Mianian like everyone else in Algonia.

A common punishment for non-Mianians is to throw large stones at them, bonus points from Gad if their heads were struck. This is why there were very few if any Non-Mianians in the world, because most of them died from being hit by large stones.

Joe was different though, when he was younger there were several times he almost died from being hit by stones. Eventually though, from all the stones being thrown at him, he became very good at dodging them. Indeed, his ability to dodge stones was vital to his life, so he became as good at dodging stones as other people were at drinking a glass of water. That is to say, it was second nature to him.

"Joe, we have you surrounded! Any last words before the granddaughter and grandson of Gad return for their homecoming? You will receive eternal whipping from them!" Shouted a person within a large crowd that cornered Joe.

"Get him!"
"Throw stones so Gad will be pleased!"
"Your death is here!"

Shouted the crowd and they started throwing large rocks at Joe.

Joe closed his eyes. Silence and darkness surrounded him. He became extremely still and focused. Then he started moving. He bobbed his head left and right as stones whizzed by his head. It was a flurry of movement, majestic and smooth, not a single action was wasted, and this was with Joe's eyes closed.

"Gad dammit we can never hit him!"

The stones kept coming and they kept missing. The stones never ran out because they just picked them up again from the ground if they missed. On and on for several minutes the angry crowd threw stones but they eventually dispersed when they got tired or when they got hit by a stone themselves when trying to pick one up from the ground.

Joe opened his eyes to find that the crowd had dispersed, then he dusted himself off and headed towards school. Joe was only 17 and was Midway through his 3rd year of high school.

This is the beginning of the story of how Joe became known as the unhittable boxer.

1