Chapter 10- Disdain
50 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Let's go back in time for a bit.

Tim had managed to barely stand by leaning on his sword, but then he realized how dumb he was being. The sword was his only crutch for standing, he at most had a minute or two of life left in him and had grevious wounds that would've killed him if not for the bump in constitution.

He was out of tricks, out of his unfunny jokes and almost out of life.

All he had was that feeling. He was now going to stake his life on it. Tim relaxed his body, letting the feeling of wind at his back envelop him. It sounded ridiculous though he had a hunch it would work.

Speed. To him, the laws of wind meant to have the wind at his back, supporting him, enabling him to move faster. Speed was control, if he was faster than his opponent what did he have to fear. If he was faster he had control over the situation, if he was stronger the opponent was done. If he was weaker, it was a simple matter of running  away. Speed was control itself. And he would make the laws of wind assist him in that endeavour, to move in the direction of the wind, to move in flow with the wind as if he was weightless and ethereal. 

He removed the rapier from the ground, flicked his wrist right towards the boar's eye as he was not sure whether he would be able to penetrate any other part of it's body with his depleted energy.

His ever trusty rapier pierced through the boar's eye even before his body had begun to process his fall. Such incredible speed accompanied by a gust of wind. It went through the boar's eye, but the damn brute was still grunting.

It would die in a matter of minutes, but that was far too long for Tim. He could pass out at any moment now and leaving his fate to this dumb animal didn't sit right with him after going through all this shit. 

With an insane gleam in his eyes, Tim decided to use the support of the wind in a different manner. His weapon was already sharp. What if, he could use the energy of the wind to propel his weapon with the force of a projectile, the sharpness of a projectile, but only for an instant?

Tim didn't have a passion for modern weapons or anything, but any man ought to know how to defend his life and property if it ever came to it. So, he used to hit the gun ranges to practice atleast once in a few months. What always stood out to Tim was how unimpressive a bullet looked. This same bullet, that could kill any human on Earth with a single, well aimed shot wasn't even particularly sharp or made of any rare materials. An ordinary bullet with the assistance of the wind could be sharper than the sharpest of swords, to pierce through the thickest of defences. It's sharpness was borrowed from the wind. It was a simple game of velocity, if he threw a rock with the same velocity it too would have devastating effects. Sadly, humans couldn't do that. 

But maybe he could.

The wind collected around the base of his rapier, taking a moment to charge and then exploded with a mini sonic boom, dispersing after the initial impact. Tim, deciding to take no chances directed the rest of his body to fall with the rapier and towards the boar, adding his body weight to the strike.

Back to the present.

Tim was still filled with jubilation at his victory, but maybe that was not the best idea in the middle of hostile territory.

He decided to calm down a bit, and quicky deal with his notifications. He had levelled up 3 times and gotten 2 titles.

After he read the descriptions, he was shocked. He understood that the unique title really had strict requirements to get it, it had only been around half a day since the system integrated and through a matter of mostly coincidences, luck and survival instincts did he eke out this chance.

But, he didn't understand how his control of the wind, which the system called Dao was apparently only 7th in the world. It wasn't a matter of pride or anything, but how did others channel this 'understanding of the laws' without fighting like a maniac? He wasn't even sure how he'd gotten it himself, except all he had in his mind at that point was survival and if the devil himself had offered him a deal at that point, well it was an easy accept.

So, there are other ways huh.

" I guess there will always be geniuses where ever you go, huh " said Tim, bitterly accepting the fact. What he had barely done at the brink of life and death, people might have done sleeping on their beds.

" Time to see what these titles do"

[ Between life and death, Unique Title

Effect: +15 to Luck

+5 to All stats (except luck)

Disdain: When you are reduced to the brink of life and death, while others believe you are despairing.....You are merely observing them, analysing them, discerning their habits. + 5 percent chance to gain an insight into an opponent's dao. ( Effect limited to minor daos). ]

" That's crazy holy fuck. An ability that can copy daos? Granted, it's only a five percent chance and I need to survive to use it, but it's still a broken skill, haha. Maybe I should change my name to Copy Ninja instead".

[ Dao Seeker, Limited Title

+ 3 to luck

+ 10 to all stats

You are one of the fastest on the planet to gain a minor dao. Be proud of your accomplishments, but do not stall in your progress believing you are infallible ]

"Considering 10 people are gonna get this title, it's definitely not bad. Pity there's no perk though."

 

 

1