Ch 5. The aftermath
2.8k 5 63
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was standing on the turret top. In the binoculars I saw hostile infantry, they were continuing their retreat.

We did not engage them after they left the battlefield, we were only chasing them to make sure they will not return.

“How is everything going?” Jester looked out of the gunner’s hatch.

“Nothing of interest, soon we will be able to return.”

“Yes! Hey, captain, who of the girls was to your liking?” (J)

“Not your concern, have you prepared to send them the farewell gift?”

“Come on, we are stuck here, why don’t we try to know each other?” (J)

I ignored him and kept watching.

After we chased them for 6 hours, I ordered to take a shot at their cavalry, just 1 AP round should be enough to remind them that we are still on their tail. A bright flash lit up the dark landscape.

BOOM

Through thermal vision scope I confirmed that the round landed within the cavalry formation.

“We can be at ease now. Old man, turn us around and let’s go back.” I finally sat down inside the tank without having to peek out of the hatch every two seconds. While normally I would have no issues with commanding the vehicle, right now I am at least two heads lower than before.

We returned to the village at the midnight. I already can guess how p* they are about this. The tank diesel can be a very loud thing, and when someone is sleeping...

The villagers did not ask anything, they were just going back to sleep. So did I.


Come on, she has such a nice size!

You idiot, if she wakes up, you will be dead.

Nah, she’s sleeping like a child!

Shhhh!

Jester, you remember who’s washing the tank, right? And do you remember who will tomorrow be carrying supplies? Alexander, you, I expect, know what happens if you will not shut up and lay down. We don’t have a lack of work.” I was angry, not only because they are saying some bs*, but also because they were making a lot of noise, even if they were whispering.

Jester’s POV

This little a*hole! I get that the girls don’t like when somebody talks about their body but WHY DO YOU ACT LIKE THIS?

If this commander had slightly less problematic personality I might’ve started liking her…

The recent situation was very much abnormal, the captain who turned into a child; a lot of medieval soldiers, attacking a Craptown in the middle of nowhere; first time firing at someone…

I doubt that my nerves can handle this crap for long.

Old man’s POV

Dima keeps thinking about the crap that happened, I can’t blame him. Unlike us, two veterans, he is much younger, he never saw what actual war is. He is a good gunner when firing at the cardboard targets, not when he has to target flesh and blood. I should talk to the commander, he might think whatever he wants but at least he should take into consideration poor bastard’s shock.

A. Belov’s POV

In the end I couldn’t sleep this night.

The fights always have something which makes you wonder: did you do everything to save your comrades? Are you guilty for all the deaths that happened?

“Commander? Are you alright?” Suddenly Jester started shaking my shoulder.

What is it, Jester?” I wonder what the hell he needs now.

“Don’t make such a face. You were standing in front of the damned window ever since you woke up! Why am I at fault?” He was angry for my rudeness.

Sorry about that… I was just thinking.

“You were thinking for… 3 hours? Hey, something is wrong, right?” (J)

Now that I think about it, I am actually just standing and looking at the window.

Right… Hey, should we head out and have a breakfast? There we can talk!” Let’s change the subject.

I decided not to wait for their response and headed towards the door.

Suddenly my waist was grabbed and I was lifted up.

“Where do you think you’re going?” (J)

Put. ME. DOWN. JESTER!” What the f* does he think he is doing?!

“Captain, how about you go outside not in your undershirt and panties?” Only after Jester pointed out my appearance I realized that I didn’t even dress myself after I got out of the bed.

After I was on the ground I went to the clothes I left under the bed and started dressing.

Thank you, Dimochka~! I am so glad you decided to remind me that I am about to flash my underwear~!” Meanwhile, Jester started to talk some random s*.

Oh my, now that you reminded about it! GO AND WASH THE F* TANK!” He is really doing his best to screw with me.

On that optimistic note I finally went towards the chief’s house to discuss what we will do next.

Our brave heroes are finally ready to go somewhere! What should they do?
  • They should just travel around the world! Votes: 6 26.1%
  • WARS! WARS! WARS! I mean... become an independant mercenary force... Votes: 16 69.6%
  • They should create their own state (Never will happen but let us dream). Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Join some country as part of their military. Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 23 · This poll was closed on Sep 28, 2020 08:41 AM.
63