Ch 17. The war room
1.5k 7 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello, Ether.

I looked around the room yet I found nothing that can describe this place as a war room, or any planning, command or even prison room. Just a table, a light above it, a floor and a ceiling, though I can distinguish nothing but the table.

“Please, come to the table, I will show you everything you need to know.” I approached the table, it is just a metal table without anything notable.

So, what is so exciting about this place?” And right after I said that the table’s surface lit and I saw a detailed map. When I jumped back in surprise, I saw that the map is in 3D. It is a holographic table, or something like that. I heard that holographic scopes are a nice thing but I was yet to hear about a holographic table.

“Calm down, captain. I will give you a crash course about the war room.

The table in front of you is a tactical map of the area. Look, here is the village, here is the army camp nearby… See this red box? This is your tank. The red house is the place you set up your barrack. Simple, right? The green dots are the villagers and other friendly and neutral forces. The yellow objects like the army camp are unknown, they are neither confirmed friendly nor hostile. If you see the blue marks then they are hostile. [Confused girl stare] Well, I can swap the good/bad guys colors if you insist. I am more used to the red vs blue.

Ok, the map is dealt with. Now we will look at the support. Ok, click on this square. Good job! My grandfather learned how to use PC just like that!

Artillery
Aircraft
Special

There is a number of tabs: Artillery, Aircraft and Special. Click Artillery.

Light artillery Phoenix - 1 | 82mm 2Б14 Поднос Not available Not available
Medium artillery Not available Not available Not available
Heavy artillery Not available Not available Not Available

With some time you will be able to request bigger guns for your support, not that the previous will be less viable. The light artillery is mortar support, the medium is for 152 caliber and the heavy support is for big guns and MLRS. Next – aircraft.

Close air support Су-17 М4 Not available Not available
Tactical air support Not available Not available Not available

Close-in air support are your guardian angels which attack targets right in front of you, tactical air support is to eradicate anything that is not within your FOV. Field of view. Next?

Special No units assigned
Supply Ил-76 - 100 kg

Special is the tab where you can request special support or air drop. The Special button requests a powerful circumstantial support. The way your supply drops work did not change so you don’t need to worry.

You can enter war room at any given time, the time flow outside does not change.

Any questions?”

What the f*?

“Relax, you will learn how to use everything here in no time, and if you don’t like this place then you can just learn the callsigns of your support. You can request them through the radio but I kindly suggest using the war room for precise designations.”

With this Ether disappeared and I was left to play around with the table.


After I left the war room I woke up in the house, right on time to replace Old man.

“You look like you didn’t sleep well.” (O)

I’m fine, give me the rifle.

While I was sitting in a corner I was trying to think over what I heard from Ether.

The night passed without any incidents.


When I woke up in the morning I saw Jester who was intently looking at me.

What is it? Not enough work?

“I am just thinking, how will you command the tank? I might enjoy having someone sit on my lap but we both know we are just getting in each other’s way. Any ideas?” Jester said a smart thing, if I had a champagne I’d open the bottle. Yet, sarcasm aside, I really do need to think about it.

With this damned child body I am unable to reach the periscope or optics properly, I might even have to stand up just to reach the hatch.

Wait a moment… Old man!

W… why poke me right after wahing up?” He was still half asleep, and that also gave me a brilliant idea how to discipline those two lazybones.

I see, do you guys want to sleep a bit longer?” I tenderly asked them.

“Yes, it’d be great!” (J)

“I agree, might use some shut eye.” (O)

Oh, so good~. TEN LAPS AROUND THE VILLAGE! NOW!

The sloths ran out swearing and cursing everything while I began writing down another supply order.

After the out-of-breath sloths returned I ordered them to do the most important assignment.

We will weld a new sitting place for me, high enough to let me reach the optics.” I ordered a welder, a seat and all the necessary supplies for that.

Under my strict supervision the tank retrofit was done in no time and now we were ready to meet any threat with shock and fire.

42