Ch 82. How to apply a tourniquet to the arteries of war
369 6 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We were somewhere close to the capital.

Papa Crow reported complete air superiority over the city, and with the air support’s way clear, we can start the ground assault.

The tank will try to force the enemy inside of the city walls, and then the allied armies will besiege.

The most obvious step would be to actually start with wiping the enemy out when they are outside, but we have such an overwhelming firepower that a stationary target is preferable.

Not to mention, we better have the initiative in plotting the strikes.


WRRRRrrr

As the tank stopped, I got line of sight on the capital.

Even from the distance it was clear, that this is not comparable to the city we attacked previously.

On the maps it was clearly marked that there are several lines of walls, and many fortifications even inside. As the city grew, the walls were constructed further and further.

Not bad, ha?

This is crazy.” (J)

Any ideas?

“None, Commander. This is too much to be something we could take on right off the bat.” I nodded.

If the Kremlin is a huge old fortress, than this would be a HUGE medieval fortress with layered defenses, and towers everywhere.

I must make a decision that is outside the box, and make it fast, because when we are spotted, we would lose all possible advantages.

Old man, forward! Drive as fast as possible!

wrRRWRRRR

During the short time we were standing, I noted that there are several roads leading into the fortress, and all of them are cluttered with wagons.

When we were closer, the wagons started flooding into the city. Previously they were halted by a security check but now the enemy tried to squeeze everything inside indiscriminately.

For most it was too late.

Turret to azimuth 180!

“Understood!” (J)

Ram them!

I was still aiming at covering our advantage in firepower, so instead of using the gun I decided to have the wagons crushed by the tracks.

Just try not to kill us!” Jester called out to Old man.

“No promises! Brace for impact!” (O)

BANG

POM

WRRR

BOM

WRWRRRWRRRRR

CRACKLE

WRRRRR

The tank drew all of the wagons we managed to catch. All the way from the gatehouse, to the last wagon in the back.

Coachmen and passengers were jumping out and running around, as the tank rolled over the wagons.

Horses tried to run away, and some broke off and fled, while some were killed under the tracks.

War never chooses whom to kill. It kills whoever stays in its way.

All we can do, is to either dare to put aside the gun and risk death, or to kill and burden the responsibility to our last day.

WRRRrr

I glanced through the optics. The situation outside was chaotic but the objective was completed.

On to the next road! We need to try get rid of as many of them as we can!

Whatever those wagons had: ammo, fuel, spare parts, and soldiers, we ought to destroy the enemy logistics while we can.

The same crazy process was repeated again on the second road. The enemy didn’t warn them in time.


The capital was connected to three major roads. Two of them were severed in a flashy way.

I was not expecting the third road to be success. It took us a lot of time to just drive around the walls.

By the time we arrived to the last main road, there shouldn’t be any wagons staying.

But there were.

Are they idiots…?” I couldn’t help questioning their reasoning.

The walls were completely manned. Long poles of spears were protruding from behind the battlements. Archers were constantly clattering the turret roof. The enemy even sortied a small squad of cavalry, which was cautiously trotting between the wall and us.

But they didn’t let the wagons in.

Just what so unimportant those idiots have in there?!

The craziest thing is, the people already left the wagons, and were standing in the field nearby.

THEY FREAKING KNOW WE ARE COMING, AND THEY STILL DO THIS?!

ARGH! FOR F* SAKE! JUST F* ROLL OVER THOSE F* IMBECILES AND GET RID OF THIS GARBAGE!

With my own reasoning thrown out of the hatch, I just relaxed in the seat (as much as one can when he has to hold onto it), and left the job to Old man’s discretion.

15