Ch 87. Gathering storm
306 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The night is young.

Everyone in the capital was sleeping.

Everyone, except for the Rapier squad.

“Safehouse C secured.” (R9)

“Copy. All safehouses are secured.” With the last report, the leader of the GRU special forces squad was finally relieved.

The second stage of the operation was now over, and it was the time to start the third stage.

After several days of UAV recon of the capital they performed an incursion, and it was the time to start acting.

As per their commanding officer’s orders, the operatives are to conduct further recon of the possible military installations, confirm the quantity and the types of the enemy forces, and the situation with the public order in the city.

For now, the operatives just set up the observation points.

Looks good?” The leader looked at an operative, who was sitting on a chair and looking into a small window of the attic.

“Can’t see s* from here.” The aerial recon did help them in finding the candidates for the safehouses, but it surely didn’t help with finding the best vantage points.

We’re paying for the mistakes we did.” Rapier 1 could only shrug his shoulders, and look into the night.

The barely visibly silhouettes of the medieval buildings’ roofs was partially covering a large building that is believed to be enemy barracks.

What’s your situation, team B?” (R1)

“Temno kak v z* u n*.” (R6)

Spoiler

[As dark as in an afro-american’s lower-back aperture.]

[collapse]

The team was divided into 3 parts, each overseeing their respective target. In the case of team B it was a possible arsenal.

What about team C?” (R1)

“We have clear visibility. I believe I even see you, team A.” (R8)

The sniper team of Rapiers 7 and 8 was operating independently, and secured a position somewhere near the central plaza. Their target was the central castle, where the military administration is suspected to be.

Bulls*. I can’t see another side of the room, and you see us, ha?” The radio only delivered the giggling.

“Alright, squad, enough with lollygagging! Report situation with the ‘contact’. A is blue.” (R1)

“B is blue.” (R5)

“C is… well, if a homeless can be called a contact…” (R8)

“Should be.” The leader felt like something went wrong.

Well… Red…?” (R8)

You trigger-happy…!” (R1)

Sigh

“I hope everyone got clothes. We’re moving at 6:00. Imposing radio silence until then. Over and out.

Seriously… He just had to…” The leader sat down on a bad of grain, and reached for a pack of cigarettes.

Right now he could only stare at it, savoring their taste with his eyes.

But as the designated time approached, the city returned to life.


Central part of the capital. Main plaza. Second central street, house 8.

It was an abandoned house, that was said to be haunted, and thus was burnt. Most of the structure, as well as the entire first floor burnt down. Nobody approaches it, and only homeless seek refuge here, as there are no other warm places.

On the second floor, in the middle of master bedroom were two crates of unknown origin, as well as a long bag above them.

Only a long metal tube was sticking out of the bag.

Wind heading – 018. Pressure – 744mm. Humidity – 68%.’ A hand slowly withdrew away from a broken window.

Making corrections.’ The bag responded.

The sniper team’s favorite VSS Vintorez, a rifle with integrated silencer, was replaced with the content of the crate that was dropped from the helicopter together with the squad.

With the length of almost 1.5 meters, the ASVK anti-material rifle was deployed for the sole purpose of being used against long-range targets.

The target they were looking for was yet to be designated. They would have only few shots, before having to pack everything and run.

Through the scope, the sniper was looking at a balcony of the royal palace.

The finger was on the receiver, since for now they are scouting.

Area 6, two males. One looks… fat? He doesn’t look like one of the combatants.’ (R8)

Copy.’ Immediately, the spotter crawled closer to the sniper’s position, and looked through the binoculars.

Confirmed, taking photo.’ They only got a low-resolution picture, but the man’s clothes were somewhat recognizable. Just like this they were taking pictures of every notable individual that was seen in the palace. Later on they will send the materials to Beril-Main and receive instructions.

LOL, I just had to upload it in the wrong novel)))

14