Ch 89. Here comes the army
309 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The repairs were coming to an end, so was my torture.

Old man was trying to fit back the transmission, while Jester controlled the crane.

Can you hurry?!

YES WE CAN. WE CAN DUMP EVERYTHING, AND THAT’S IT.” (O)

Just how long would you need…?

“Give us an hour… Maybe we’d finish by then…” Once again, something blocked the gearbox and Old man had to dive into the engine bay to find out why.

Since they were not going to finish soon, I just decided to walk around the area. I can only hope that nobody will see this.

The tank was standing far behind the allied vanguard’s positions, out of the enemy visibility. The option of going to the front is automatically rejected. The last thing I’d want is enemy troops laughing at me wearing a pink girly dress.

Going to the back is also not an option. I bet Ether will do another creepy trick to me, should this pink garbage be thorn by branches and bushes of a grove.

In the end I just decided to walk around the main road. It is somewhat secured, and there should be no dangers lurking. A pedophile would be the first least desired thing I’d like to happen to me.

I was expecting that I would just breathe some fresh air, uncontaminated by diesel exhaust and all sorts of oil smells, however, minutes after I stepped on the road I saw clouds of dust approach towards the capital.

Click

I took position behind a rock, and aimed the rifle.

The dust clouds soon were supplemented by rattling of walking infantry.

As an army approached, their banners entered the sight. I could finally sigh out in relief, as I saw the ducal coat of arms.

I was somewhere between being relieved, and being even more dreaded.

However, now was not the time for that.

Old man, this is me, we have allies on approach. What is the status?” For a while the radio was silent.

EVERYTHING. IS. FINE.” Old man barked, and the radio turned silent again.

There was nothing I could do right now, so I just headed back.

Or would head back, because immediately after I left the cover, a couple of horsemen rode towards me with their sabers aimed too unfriendly.

Bang Bang

When I fired at the ground ahead of them, the horses reared up, and the riders fell.

A minute later another horse showed up, with a man in a full suit of plated armor. Immediately after noticing me, he raised his arm with a clenched fist, and the army proceeded with walking. Then, the man rode closer to me but with no weapon in hands.

10 meters away from me he dismounted, and raised the visor.

Long time no see, Sir Belov.” After I confirmed it was duke Valencio, I lowered the gun.

Click

I shouldered the rifle, and wryly smiled.

It was in no way better than a public execution, and the man’s grin only confirmed it.

If you say anything, I’ll rip your tongue out~.

I am not so stupid to comment on it~.” Valencio kept on grinning, but then he beckoned me to approach.

What?

You don’t want to have a ride?” He patted the horse.

No, thank you. I was always bad with anything but that metal beast.” I shrugged my shoulders, and we both giggled.

In that case, I can only accept your will. We will proceed with siege. If you want to discuss something with me, feel free to.” (V)

I think we both are better to talk somewhere where we can sit down.

If you say so. Stay safe, and don’t forget to put on something warm.” He gave me a cheeky smile, and before I could react, galloped past me.

I had to suppress my resentment, and head back.


By the time I dragged myself back to the tank, the guys finished installing everything, and were pulling the tracks back on.

With a winch it was so much easier…

“Thank that ‘Ether’ guy, with this our job became so much easier. No need for a crowbar, no need for three to pull, and definitely no need to ask a passerby to hammer the hinge…” Jester was leaning on the helicopter, and pressing a button, while Old man was helping to guide the track.

If only we had an engineering vehicle always with us, ha?

“You read my mind, Captain.” (J)

While the guys were using the magic of engineering, I climbed inside the tank and searched for everything we’ve gathered so far.

It was time to report.

18