Ch 108. Plans vs Reality
192 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Operation ‘Tsirkul’ ‘ [Drawing compass] had several weak points that totally relied on circumstances currently unknown and dependent on luck, but it was the best I could come up with for an operation that was completely dependent on many ‘if’s.

If the operatives make it in time.

If the tank is prepared for combat.

If the allies are ready for assault.

If the enemy reacts how I want them.

If the things go as expected afterwards.

If the towers are destroyed.

If all ‘if’s happen.

And if we will be able to use the success to our advantage, before the enemy recovers.

It was not going to be a plan requiring miracles to happen, but the uncertainties and the risks required the plan’s perfect execution.

The Rapier 1 was still on the line, waiting for me to finish thinking.

Do you have questions after all?

“Maybe about the retreat, but I guess it’s up to us. We will start preparing accordingly to the layout you’ve given us. We will be waiting for the final briefing. Rapier over and out.” (R1)

The GRU initial briefing ended just in time, because I noticed how a blue dot rapidly approached the capital. It was the promised helicopter with a workshop.


By the time I wrapped things up in the war room and exited, the helicopter already arrived and was slowly descending by the tank.

I approached the vehicle and examined the work done.

The crates and the side skirts were dismantled, but other than that, it was all that Old man did in the 6 hours he had.

Jester, on the other hand.

Jester! Is this how you cleaned?!

“Sorry, but the toothbrush…!” (J)

The toothbrush, ha?” I pointed at all sorts of holes and details that were not cleaned. Some may say that ‘cleaning of what is going to be dismantled’ is useless. I say, it decreases the amount of dirt that will be stuck and dried when the equipment is going to be uninstalled.

“But I can’t stick it in here! Look, look at this!” He started rubbing the brush head against a hole, but of course it didn’t fit in.

I see…” I took the brush and headed to the tent.

What? Are you waiting for a special invitation?” Jester jogged after me.

In the tent I took the brush, the knife, and the spare panties. One cut on the handle, then I tied the underwear on the modified toothbrush.

Voila.” The device that could easily fit anywhere he couldn’t previously clean.

But…!” (J)

WHAT ‘BUT’?! WHAT ‘BUT’, YOU IMBECILE?! WAS THIS SO HARD?! OLD MAN! OOOLD MAAAN!!!

TELL ME, WHAT THIS IDIOT WAS DOING FOR 6, SIX, F*ING HOURS?!” After shouting my lungs out I turned calm like a python [it really means very calm, completely calm].

6 hours… Just what the f* were you doing those 6 hours…? Tell me, Old man, did I tell him to clean everything? Did I? [Nod]

Did I tell you to make sure this little a*hole finishes the work? Did I?

“W-we were thinking…” (O)

Let a horse think, it has a big head.

We were just…” (J)

Even flies don’t f* ‘just because’, they f* to make little flies. What the f* were you doing I can’t get neither through ‘think’, nor through ‘just’.

It’s late. I think just get the f* out of my sight…” Those two idiots saluted me and headed away, before my blood boils again, resulting in human casualties.


The next day my sanity was restored and I was ready to give them a dressing down.

Weeelcome.” I was still the calmest person alive, calmer than me can only be dead, and immediately I began giving them their responsibilities.

You have today to prepare the tank for repairs. I do not care how, and what it will cost you. Scrub it, lick it with your tongues, clean with the toothbrushes, Jester, or rub it with fingers. You WILL finish it. If not…” I showed scissors with my fingers, and then ‘cut’ where my crotch is.

My calm expression, as well as my cold gaze were enough for the currently-men to cover their things.

While they rushed to quickly clean all to-be-uninstalled parts, I examined the workshop.

My expectations were not high in the first place, but it had pneumatic screwdrivers, all sorts of wrenches, including a tiny one, the size of my arm.

All in all, it lacked only one thing.

7