Ch 116. Airland battle
148 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Masses of infantry moved across the plains. They all headed to the Northern side of the capital’s walls. The reports also suggest that the enemy moves infantry to the North as well.

There was a good reason for moving the allied troops there. The Northern side terrain has a slight depression, which made the walls there lower than in the other areas. Valencio said it was caused by instability of the ground during the spring floods.

Both sides concentrated their forces there, expecting a major encounter. But a part of troops stayed at the main gates, ready to fight if the remaining allied troops attempt an assault.

As the night city lit with torches, and the glowing waves of men concentrated in the distance, I felt that it approaches.

I climbed down from the turret top to the ground.

Jester and Old man nervously looked at the movements at the foot of the hill, their rifles aimed at the grass below but ready to be aimed at anything that sorties from the gates far ahead.

I crouched by their side, taking the rifle in my hands too.

How are you?

“Captain, kiss my cheek, please. I still feel like my hands shake from holding AK after that day.” (J)

Jester, should I also spread my legs and let you f* me, while we are waiting?

“I’m not against… s-shutting up…” (J)

I lowered the gun.

I only aimed at the gates, but the message was conveyed.

“Beril-Main, this is Rapier. All teams are in place. Ready to rock.” (R1)

Copy.

Status, this is Beril-Main, where is my air support?

“Beril-Main, this is Status. Callsign Cake is inflight, ETA 2 hours. Ballet is taxiing, ETA 6 hours.” (St)

Copy. Beril-Main, over and out.”

Don’t tell me…!” (J)

Yes, we are going to stay like this for 6 more hours.”

F*!” They both gasped.


T-34:23

“Beril-Main, this is Ballet. We are entering the operation area. Confirm readiness.” (Ballet)

This is Beril-Main, glad to hear you. We are in place, operation starts as planned.

“Solid copy.” (Ballet)

The pilot looked at the fields and forest that appeared in between the clouds.

From the ground none could see the dot of an aircraft soaring in the stratosphere, completely invincible to this world.

“Start the circulation.”

“Copy.” The second pilot decreased the thrust, and as the speed gradually decreased, the angle of the wings decreased too.

“Beril-Main, we have arrived. Barraging.” The plane banked to a side and idled in the area.

Copy. Ballet, prepare to strike.”

“Solid copy. Opening the bomb bays.

Beril-Main, what are we firing?” (Ballet)

Missiles?

I know that missiles.” The captain rolled up his eyes, before looking back at the white nose of the aircraft.

The plane straightened its course and entered a slight climb.

The giant white bird appeared to be like a bird of prey, completely unbefitting of its gracious name. It was searching for its prey from above, and was ready to strike anything within its reach. From below of the aircraft one could see two rotary racks full of missiles.

The air component of nuclear triada, the White Swan prepared to use its claws.

Wait, there are more than one type of missiles onboard…?

Yes.” The captain made several breaths in and out, trying not to curse the silly troops on the ground.

Hey… I’m wondering… Do you have nukes…?

“Bomb bay 2 is open. Standing by for the launch codes.” The captain said dead serious, and glanced at the sealed packages.

Erhm...” The radio responded with incoherent sounds.

D-davay raz-dva-tri-chetire-pyat’, vishel zaychik pogulyat’.” [Try one-two-three-four-five, little bunny came out.]

Sorry, it doesn’t work like that.” The pilot chuckled.

It was worth a shot. Fire normal missiles.

“Solid copy. Opening bomb bay 1. Stand by for launch.”

Missile out!” The weapon systems officer responded.

A long tube-like object fell out from the belly of the aircraft. It fell for a hundred meters, before two wings opened from the sides of the tube, and a trail gushed from behind the missile. It dived down, disappearing below the clouds.

“Missile away.” The captain hummed, moving the packages away from his view.

Usually the Bomb is reserved for plot reasons, but in our case there will be encrypted launch codes. It's not a military encryption, so don't worry.

Those who manage to decrypt a code get its missile into custody, able to use it against any target at their will. And if you are an anti-nuke activist, then you have even more of a reason to get the custody, since only the custodian can launch one.

Codes are:

  1. 17-R3A1V1-IN-22
  2. 36-T4R1N6-PL-21
  3. 00-F1T2H3-FR-01
  4. 84-K2N2T1-IL-23
  5. 34-H3N5T1-IT-94
  6. 61-F3O1G4-MN-21

Only the first to decrypt a code gets the custody.

5